Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

4.3

INGREDIENTS: WATER,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, OCTYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, RETINOL, PANTHENOL, DISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHEROL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYSORBATE 20, TRIETHANOLAMINE, MRTHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, BHT, CARBOMER.

on 6/13/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product for an off label reason. I was told that it would shrink my pores (idiot). It did nothing for my pores and I don't have a problem with wrinkles, however it did wonders for my skin complexion. Its great if you want to even out your skin tone! My complexion is slightly more radiant, as well.

on 6/5/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this line from Neutrogena. It contains a small amount of Retinol, which will improve the appearance and texture of aging skin if used long term. It's also fragrance free, non comedogenic, hypoallergenic and oil free, all of my favorite skin care terms. I suggest using a lighter moisturizer by day with a higher SPF (Like this Cetaphil) and wearing the cream at night. General rule of thumb, if you're not yet 30, don't tan excessivly and don't see any signs of skin aging, stick to lightweight moisturizer with SPF and an eye cream, no anti-aging products needed.

on 5/12/2013 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer. I've already bought a back up that's how much I love it. I'm not fond of the metal? packaging, but the benefits of this cream trumps that. I use this every morning and night after cleansing. What I love most about it is I tend to have an oily T-zone and this does not contribute to it. Finding the most appropriate lotion for my skin has been a struggle and I may have found my HG. I get a lot of forehead breakouts and this has not caused any additional breakouts because it does not contribute to the overproduction of sebum.

on 4/12/2013 1:06:00 AM

I love this stuff! Makes my face really clear.
**QUESTION**
Is it bad if i put it around/near my eye area? (I'm careful not to get it IN my eyes). That's where I have the most wrinkles so I like putting it there. I never get any dryness or sore/red/itchy eyes or anything, no reaction

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have combination-dry (emphasis on dry) skin that tends to hormonal eruptions and generally looking dull/having a poor cell turnover rate. This product takes care of all that, plus I like the anti-aging benefits.

The key for me with this product is to apply only a pea-sized amount (or a thin layer) to my face after cleansing at night & to use a good broad-spectrum sunscreen every day. In my experience, this product is fantastic in delivering results (smoothing fine lines, refining pores, etc.). Plus, it makes you feel thrifty when you start comparing to similar products on the market. Well, maybe that's just me. continued >>

on 1/27/2013 2:32:00 PM

This is for the Original Formula, no spf, which is now called Night.

EDIT MARCH 2013
I'd originally not liked this thinking it was giving me white heads. Then I tried it again. So here's me thoughts most recently:
I came back to this after I ran out of the other, the Rapid one.
And frankly, I am liking it better than before. i think my clogged pores were more just diet, lack of sleep, whatnot. I am on day five now and think this is just fine. MY skin in the morning is particularly happy with it. It really looks better.

I was using the Rapid Wrinkle Repair (much different formula, with retinol waaay at the end of the list) with good results, including mild flaking and redness here and there that went away and is sign of things working. Then it just kind of plateaued and began to make my skin look dehydrated and not much more going on with skin tone.
I tried the one with vit c and it made my skin red/orange. That happened to me before, and it's odd, but people even commented on my orange/red skin that week!

Then I thought, on Paula's Choice rec I'd try this one because she claims it has a more effective order of ingredients. I had mixed feelings at first but now realize it's all in the application:

on a slightly moist face, spritzed with thermal water or damp from a damp wash cloth padded on skin after cleansing - put a very small amount and smooth in gently, patting into the skin in gentle taps. About ten minutes later, i apply my LIse Watier Sun Smart spf 30 non chemical primer/sunscreen lotion (a mix of the tinted and plain white so it doesn't look so white). Then it's a bit of concealer, powder to seal, and that's it. BUT I find I need to do a quick once over tissue blot about an hour later and then it's good all day.

I also use this at night and wait about two hours before applying my gentle BP lotion over it. I know that a BP should cancel out an antioxidant formula in THEORY. but I do this nightly and it seems to be doing good things for my skin. I think the retinoal and vit e/c all sink in and then the BP goes to work a little later. I'd never mix them at the exact same time.
EDIT on the BP: I am currently alternating nights where I BP over the Retinol, waiting a long time, and sometimes no BP to give it a rest and let the retinol really do its magic. All you acne sufferers out there: try this. it's doing a good job, cheap, too.

A note re sunscreen version: I've read that chemical sunscreens mixed with retinols is actually WORSE for your skin for both UV damage and wrinkles, etc. So that is why I always opt for no sunscreen. THen I can control the non-chemical titanium dioxide etc sunscreens I use over top when I want to use one.
The one you want is called Night. It's not heavy, it's just called night now, used to be called Original.

on 1/11/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've gone through two tubes of this product, but it's a "like" not a "love." It does make skin smoother and I think it's a good introduction to wrinkle creams, it's just very subtle. I'll look for a more sophisticated formula next time, maybe with BHA or AHA.

on 1/2/2013 8:35:00 PM

All these years I never was a Neutrogena fan. Olay products were my first choice to use. Last year I decided to try something different and I saw this Neutrogena box set with a cleanser, eye cream and this Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream. I have never been so impressed with what it did for my skin! All in all it makes me look brighter and younger - I'm 42 and my untouched pictures tells it all ;)

on 11/20/2012 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS: I like the hydration of this cream - it wasn't too heavy on my oily skin but it gave enough moisture that I could use it alone at night. There was no noticeable smell and it soaked in quickly, leaving my skin soft and hydrated without leaving a sheen. The squeeze-y tube is fantastic, it's easy to work with and allows you to get out every last bit of product. The retinol caused flaking and purging after my first week of use, but that went away after a few days so it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, seeing that this is my first retinol product.

CONS: After about a month of use, I started breaking out badly over my forehead, cheeks and chin. This lasted for about 3 weeks before I figured out that it was a filler in this product that was probably causing it. I stopped use for about a week and the breakout finally subsided, so now I have to reserve this product for use around my eyes only. I've now switched to AHA's, which irritate my skin a lot less and help the acne rather than make it worse. If you have really sensitive or clog-prone skin, I'd be careful with this product!

on 11/1/2012 6:29:00 PM

Unfortunately I cannot use this product on my face, and neck either.
I was hoping to replace Paula's barrier repair with this but failed. The texture of the product is lovely, absorbs quickly and light yet moisturising but my skin got really bad irriation only from 2-day consecutive use i.e itchy, peeling, etc. My skin CAN tolerate Paula's rentinol and SkinMedica's 0.65 Tri-rentinol but not this "very gentle" rentinol cream. I also tried ROCs rentinol and got irritations too. I will not purchase any rentinol products made by Johnson's and I think my skin doesn't like their formula.

Popular Treatments (Face)