October 1, 2014 | 1997 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Velocity Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Kaileida

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this. Everyone I know with acne-prone skin loved it and gave it glowing reviews. But it was just too harsh for me. I use ProActiv and this cleanser was too harsh! Not good. My skin was very dried-out and flaky. It didn't help my acne. However if your skin is a serious oil slick you might find some luck with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lola25ps

I started having really bad acne when I was in 8th grade . It wasn't even pimples they were just a whole bunch of whiteheads all over my oily forehead it was so bad . I have used so many products to help me with these awful whiteheads. They were so bad. Until my mom recommended me to use the Mary Kay Velocity Cleasner . After a few weeks my acne got so much better . I had less whitehead and then more weeks passed by and now I am happy to say i am acne - free. I mean i do get those pimple here and there but thats normal. I just recommend this product to everybody , it cheap and it works wonders on your skin. For those that have whiteheads especially this product will work good for you. thank you mary kay for this product i cant imagine myself without this product. Really happy ! I have been using this products for 1 whole year already since then i have been so happy with my skin i couldnt be any happier. ! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by cbzak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a preteen and this is a really good facial cleanser. It got rid of all of my pimples and I rarely get pimples anymore. It smells fruity but its not overwhelming. It makes your skin very soft and my skin almost glows. I really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by xoJemz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for almost a year and I LOOOOVE it! I have acne-prone skin...... I had bad acne, especially for a 13 year old (I'm 14 now). I started having zits when I was 10 :( then it sorta got worse. I tried ProActive, Acne Free, Murad, then Philosophy. I got introduced to this cleanser from a Mary Kay party. The lady hosting it recommended it but I hesitated. I thought to myself "I'm using the Philosophy Acne Kit that's $80, why would a $10 cleanser work for me?" My mom insisted on trying it so I was like "What the heck, it's not my money... sure why not." .............. and wow! I fell in love! I no longer have bumps and tons of zits. I only have marks and scars but it's slowly fading away. :) I definitely recommend it. Also, try the moisturizer.

They say that the Velocity stuff are meant for teens but I think adults should try it as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by vanilla1202

this is AMAZING cleanser for anyone that has oily or breakout prone skin. i had redness, breakouts and blackheads, but within a month of this cleanser they were on their way out the door. its rich, and has little exfoliating crystals in it that revive your skin. as someone who never ever ever leaves the house without a full face of makeup, i finally could leave with just light powder on and i have received compliments on my skin more now than ever!! at $8-$10 for the cleanser and moisturizer which also rocks, i would say buy it TODAY for better skin tomorrow!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Camila2bits

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just want to start off by sayin that Everrybody should try this stuf its ahmazing. my skin is sensitive and dry-combination. it has worked wonders for me everthi ng is just soooo perfect about it the smell the botle the finish i leaves with ur skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my! I remember using this when I was like 15 or 16, and the wonders it did for my skin! I had the loveliest skin as a young girl, and as I got older I started having those darned hormonal breakouts. OH well, my skin is pretty clear now, but I think I'm gonna give this a go again! Just thinking of this cleanser brings back memories of a great HS friend I used to have. Can't wait to repurchase, if it's still $10 that's pretty economical too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Kaybumble

I've been using this stuff for about 6 months. For the first 2 I didn't really notice much of a difference in my skin but then I stopped using the Velocity moisturizer I stopped getting new breakouts.. go figure. I break out every once in a while but not like I used to. I only give it 4 stars because I see no need to have so much of a fragrance in a facial cleanser. I know they also have a Velocity perfume but come on.. you don't need a skin care regimen that smells like your perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by lalalovex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite cleanser. I have tried so many different ones, and I'm actually gonna stick with this one until the end of the bottle. I never buy facial cleansers more than once, but I might actually get this one again. I really like the way it feels on my skin, and it makes my skin feel really soft after (I use it with the moisturizer too) It may be a little pricey for some people, but if you have my skin, you'd pay it in a heartbeat. I also like that it has a really light smell. I don't really like cleansers that are full of fragrances, whether its a pleasant smell or not. I like to feel fresh and clean after washing my face. The packaging is alright, nothing special, it works for the cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by katelin1023

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Velocity is an amazing product! It really helped to clean out my pores and get rid of acne. The only downside to this product was that it leaves my skin very shiny, not oily, but shiny. I was able to get rid of the shine with pressed powder. If you have dry skin, Velocity will definitely moisturize your skin and most likely won't leave your skin oily or shiny.