Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is perfect. I have been through these so many times in the past few months. It offers mild coverage and I don't look like a french fry all day, haha. My mom and I are both big fans of these powders, even though they are a bit expensive, $25, but still worth the price. Fantastic packaging. My only complaint is once I had my powder that was almost finished, it dropped and all the powder crumbled. Ugh, how annoying. I ended up throwing away high end makeup that could've been used, had it not been so messy. Other than that, this is just amazing. If you have oily skin, this is a MUST.

on 6/20/2013 4:52:00 PM

This just isn't the powder for me, it's to sheer and I find that it gets nasty with that sponge sitting on it.

on 6/9/2013 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

If you're very fair, keep moving. The lightest shade was too dark/orange on me and distracted me from the formula. I used it up, but I would not repurchase unless lighter shades were released.

on 5/15/2013 3:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Because I have combination skin I tend to get oily around my t-zone, I need to use make-up that is hypoallergenic and that wonít clog my pores but that will keep me matte and fresh at the same time. Iíve been using this Clinique powder for as long as I can remember and I love it because it does everything I need it to. A great alternative for someone on a budget is the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder.

on 5/10/2013 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is the snap crackle pop. Enough said. Best. Hands down.

on 5/1/2013 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't exactly love this product right away as for the first few days, my skin seemed to react to the powder and would turn orange within a few hours. Thankfully, it adjusted to the formula and I've been reaching for this ever since.

Pros: no breakouts, keeps me matte for at least 6 hours (I have extremely oily skin and live in the tropics!) with minimal touch ups, scent-free

Cons: sheer coverage - it's not something you could use on its own to cover blemishes or uneven skin tone, packaging doesn't allow for refills, limited shade selection

However, I find that using this on top of emollient makeup such us the Bobbi Brown Long Lasting liquid foundation or Creamy concealer still gives a wonderful finish. Not terribly flat, but not disgustingly oily either. It's a good powder and I would repurchase, only I'm hoping for a yellow-er shade. I'm an NC25 with Mac and 3.5 with BB. The sales lady gave me Stay Neutral, which I believe leans more on the pink side and I need something with yellow undertones.

on 4/29/2013 2:03:00 PM

This is a good powder, but I've had just as good results with drugstore products, Revlon colorstay for one. I have it in invisible matte and its a good match for my nw 15-20 skin.I have an oily t-zone and this is quite good at controlling the oilies.But I won't repurchase as I find the Mac blot powder better than this and as they're roughly the same price I'd repurchaes Mac.

on 4/15/2013 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

my mom just gave me this for my birthday. she knows I have oily skin. it most DEFINATELY causes a massive amount of oil rebound for me that I havent seen in years!

a lot of times oil control products do cause oil rebound,MORE OIL!!!

I use maybelline dream matte powder for years with NO oil rebound. everyone is different.
the color 01 Buff is pale yay, I am ppp and nc 10 and it didnt add any darkness to my face and is very sheer (no coverage that I could tell)
but it didnt do a thing for oil, coverage,setting. or finish that I could see.

high end powders never work for me. foundation do. but so far only origins silk screen powder was any good (out of business) and I tried even estee lauder matte powder (I did a review) and it was the worst thing I have ever put on my face.

I have to say when looking for oil control no one beats erno laszlo though.
and there is a powder.
he specializes in oil control and movie stars used to wait months for a $10,000 appointment for a reason. check it out cuz he has a whole expansive line for acne and oil control.
anyway on this powder:
no coverage
no special pretty finish
no oil control but CAUSED me a great deal more oil than usual
no break outs or sensitivity though.
01 buff is pale! (looks dark in container) is not pink. is not too yellow.

on 2/25/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

pros-
great color selection, even an "invisible" option
does make you stay matte and not oily throughout the day
lasts the entire work day
does what it claims to do

cons-
can stick to dry spots
pricey for something so simple
if you're the least bit dry you will have a "powdery" mask on your face from this product

I purchased this a few days to go over my BB cream. I needed something matte because of my oil and shine throughout the day. I do like this powder and it has no broken me out, but I do think I will try something different after I have used it all up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this powder. I use it over my Even Better Makeup foundation, and it gives me a beautiful finish! It lasts all day too. My favorite powder. :)