Avalon Organics Botanicals Biotin B-Complex Thickening

3.9

Not tested on animals

Purified water, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice(1), cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, dicetyldimonium chloride, dimethicone, serenoa serrulata (saw palmetto) fruit extract, organic calendula officinalis extract(2), organic anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract(2), panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), soy protein, biotin, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, thiamine, cetrimonium chloride, citric acid, organic lavandula officinalis (lavender) extract(2), sodium benzoate, organic camellia sinensis (white tea) extract(2), potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, organic rosamarinu

on 8/6/2009 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This conditioner is AMAZING. This year I was concentrating on finding a natural shampoo/conditioner. It has been a HORRIBLE experience. I've tried 5 different natural conditioners by Giovanni, Beauty Without Cruelty, Nature's Gate, etc. and all have made my hair disgusting. The first 5 inches of my hair is un-dyed, "virgin" hair. But the bottom 5 inches of my hair is old, crunchy, 3 times dyed hair that was rarely trimmed in the past year and a half because I want my hair long. All other natural conditioners either made my hair REALLY dried out or REALLY oily. There was never an in-between. However this conditioner is absolutely amazing. It was my last attempt at natural haircare for a while. This conditioner makes my hair SO soft. Not oily, not dried out, but bouncy and so soft. My ends are pretty damaged and this makes them look a lot healthier. On top of that, I can go 2 or 3 days without washing my hair, and my hair doesn't get oily. I have dry, wavy hair and this evens everything out and makes the ends strong and my roots soft but bouncy. I'm not sure about the thickening aspect, as I don't use it for that purpose. But I know for a fact it has strengthened my ends and makes my hair VERY soft and very shiny. It's even better than commercial conditioners, and has worked better than my old favorite Matrix conditioner. Plus you can get it cheap at vitacost.com. I LOVE it!

on 5/21/2009 2:41:00 PM

Sorry, but I just did not think this conditioner was special. I did not notice any fuller hair afterwards. I don't think anyone should use this regularly because the biotin in it may promote hair growth in places you don't want it!

on 4/11/2009 8:23:00 PM

I love this conditioner! At first use, I didn't rinse it out good enough and there was some buildup, but after doing a more thorough rinse job and using LUSH big shampoo, it left my hair soft and shiny with no buildup (which is what I wanted in a conditioner) and have been using it everyday with beautiful results. My hair amazingly does feel thicker and the clumps of hair I would lose during/after showering doesn't happen with this conditioner! I never thought a product would actually stop me from having to clean out my hair-filled drain every other day! I love it so much I ordered a biotin oral supplement from iherb.com. I use LUSH Big shampoo before using this conditioner which gives my hair the perfect balance of body and shine :)

on 11/13/2008 4:05:00 PM

WOW! I was more than pleasantly surprised by this natural conditioner! Traditionally, I believe the natural products to be amazing in theory ----- seemingly in theory ONLY---BUT not this one! My hair is gorgeous, moisturized, but not weighed down and NO ANIMAL TESTING!!!! (Ref: a lot of thin hair, tendency towards frizz due to natural curl.) Go forth and purchase with the knowledge that your hair will look fab & you won't be hurting any animals (just because you want conditioner).

on 9/14/2008 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know what is in this conditioner but after a week I can confidently say that I have NEVER had so much hair!!

The conditioner is very thick and I find it a struggle to get it out of the bottle. Finally resorted to leaving the bottle upside-down at all times. The product has no distinct smell. I also find it hard to comb my hair with this conditioner so I mix this with A'lchemy's Ginkgo & Jojoba, Intensive Moisture mask (100% natural) and leave it for 5 minutes before rinsing.

This is a must repurchase for me.

on 8/17/2008 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ok, I rarely write any reviews here, cause I am lazy. However, this one deserves it!!! BEST conditioner I have EVER used. I have very very fine long thinning hair. After i started losing a lot of it, I researched every remedy available. I started using hair/nails vitamins and Avalon Biotin B complex shampoo and conditioner. Let me tell you girls, my hair never looked so full. I dont know whats in that stuff, but even my fiancee who rarely notices any changes in my appearance said that my hair looks fuller. I was so happy!!! Anyways, I will continue using it. Also, not sure if it is the supplements' credit or the stimulating effect of this stuff, but I am noticing a lot more hair growing (these standing up hairs on the top of my head :) ) Love that!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best conditioner i have ever used. But i dislike the packaging cos the condi dun seem to flow thru. What i did was to pour it into a pump bottle and use from there.

** best conditioner before I tried Aubrey Organics. I cant recall the exact name of the condi but its a protein conditioner and there is only 1. That is amazing and I will repurchase it again and again. Avalon is 2nd best. haha

on 4/3/2008 2:52:00 PM

After using this product for about two weeks now (along with Nature's Gate Rainwater Henna Shampoo which i also love) I have to say I'm really satisfied with the results. It moisturizes my hair without weighing it down. The smell seems a bit strong at first but I don't really notice it anymore. I'll probably repurchase this product.

on 2/28/2008 11:27:00 AM

Ive been using this for about 6 months or so. My hair was in a poor state at the time, so I started to do some research. I read the benefits of Biotin as a supplement, and found this shampoo and conditioner here on MUA. I wasn't crazy about the shampoo, I think it faded my hair color a little quicker than normal, but i LOVE the conditioner. After I shampoo (i have sense switched shampoos), i use about a quarter sized amount, then i clip my hair back while I shave, wash my face, etc. By the time I rinse, my hair is nice and soft, when I dry it it still feels great. I got bored of it not to long ago and wanted to try something new, that lasted about a week before I switched back. The little bottle is less than glamorous, but it lasts a LONG time. I love that it is mostly organic/natural. I really recommend letting it sit in the hair for a few minutes before rinsing, it seems to make a difference.

on 1/23/2008 10:45:00 AM

A good light-weight conditioner. Adds a nice amount of body and makes my hair feel healthy and strong. I do find that I need to deep condition from time to time when I use this, but it still works nicely and I love that it's sulfate free and organic. I've ordered it from luckyvitamin.com a couple of times now. You can't beat the price.