December 19, 2014 | 1697 users online

Conditioner - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Biotin B-Complex Thickening

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Labarre

WOW! I was more than pleasantly surprised by this natural conditioner! Traditionally, I believe the natural products to be amazing in theory ----- seemingly in theory ONLY---BUT not this one! My hair is gorgeous, moisturized, but not weighed down and NO ANIMAL TESTING!!!! (Ref: a lot of thin hair, tendency towards frizz due to natural curl.) Go forth and purchase with the knowledge that your hair will look fab & you won't be hurting any animals (just because you want conditioner).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what is in this conditioner but after a week I can confidently say that I have NEVER had so much hair!!

The conditioner is very thick and I find it a struggle to get it out of the bottle. Finally resorted to leaving the bottle upside-down at all times. The product has no distinct smell. I also find it hard to comb my hair with this conditioner so I mix this with A'lchemy's Ginkgo & Jojoba, Intensive Moisture mask (100% natural) and leave it for 5 minutes before rinsing.

This is a must repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by victosh_ka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I rarely write any reviews here, cause I am lazy. However, this one deserves it!!! BEST conditioner I have EVER used. I have very very fine long thinning hair. After i started losing a lot of it, I researched every remedy available. I started using hair/nails vitamins and Avalon Biotin B complex shampoo and conditioner. Let me tell you girls, my hair never looked so full. I dont know whats in that stuff, but even my fiancee who rarely notices any changes in my appearance said that my hair looks fuller. I was so happy!!! Anyways, I will continue using it. Also, not sure if it is the supplements' credit or the stimulating effect of this stuff, but I am noticing a lot more hair growing (these standing up hairs on the top of my head :) ) Love that!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Best conditioner i have ever used. But i dislike the packaging cos the condi dun seem to flow thru. What i did was to pour it into a pump bottle and use from there.

** best conditioner before I tried Aubrey Organics. I cant recall the exact name of the condi but its a protein conditioner and there is only 1. That is amazing and I will repurchase it again and again. Avalon is 2nd best. haha

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by YSL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using this product for about two weeks now (along with Nature's Gate Rainwater Henna Shampoo which i also love) I have to say I'm really satisfied with the results. It moisturizes my hair without weighing it down. The smell seems a bit strong at first but I don't really notice it anymore. I'll probably repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by BavSnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ive been using this for about 6 months or so. My hair was in a poor state at the time, so I started to do some research. I read the benefits of Biotin as a supplement, and found this shampoo and conditioner here on MUA. I wasn't crazy about the shampoo, I think it faded my hair color a little quicker than normal, but i LOVE the conditioner. After I shampoo (i have sense switched shampoos), i use about a quarter sized amount, then i clip my hair back while I shave, wash my face, etc. By the time I rinse, my hair is nice and soft, when I dry it it still feels great. I got bored of it not to long ago and wanted to try something new, that lasted about a week before I switched back. The little bottle is less than glamorous, but it lasts a LONG time. I love that it is mostly organic/natural. I really recommend letting it sit in the hair for a few minutes before rinsing, it seems to make a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by dmwfa

A good light-weight conditioner. Adds a nice amount of body and makes my hair feel healthy and strong. I do find that I need to deep condition from time to time when I use this, but it still works nicely and I love that it's sulfate free and organic. I've ordered it from luckyvitamin.com a couple of times now. You can't beat the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by randomnumbers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

They changed their formula! I used this conditioner religiously for years and loved it. When I bought my last bottle, started noticing it wasn't the same, so I looked at the ingredients. Dimethicone???? This wasn't in there before, which is why I bought the stuff in the first place. I'm so upset. Why would they do this? Especially since I don't see how silicone fits in with the whole "organic botanicals" thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best conditioner I have used for a long time and seeing as my bottle is nearing the bottom, I'll probably repurchase. It comes in a blue plastic 400ml bottle and cost about AU$15 at the health food shop. It has a lovely herbal scent that doesn't linger.

My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, and I have a problem with my hair being weighed down by many conditioners. This conditioner has dimethicone in it (in the middle of the ingredients), which I thought might have been a problem, but it has proved to be okay, maybe because there's less in it than in a typical supermarket conditioner. A small amount of this conditioner is enough to treat my whole head.

My hair grows like a weed as it is so I can't comment on whether or not this conditioner has contributed to any speeding up of hair growth, but it feels very strong and healthy after about 3-4 months of using.

Combined with alternate use of an SLS-free shampoo and a colour depositing shampoo, my hair looks shiny and bouncy and I can get away without using any styling product (I have short hair a la Audrey Tautou), a miracle because quite often short hair looks a bit blah and flat without anything in it. I'd love to try the matching shampoo as well.

Update June 2008: My hair has been foiled using some serious bleach (going back blonde from dark reddish-brown) and I've found that this conditioner isn't quite as up to the job as I'd hoped. So maybe I wouldn't recommend for longer damaged hair, although when I had short foiled hair it was great. YMMV, of course. If I go back to short hair I'd certainly rebuy, but I'm growing my hair out so wouldn't buy it again for now.

Update December 2008: I've gone short and white-blonde now and have recommenced using this conditioner as it is perfect for my hair right now (which has gone from pixie short to being able to be put in a small ponytail in five weeks' time). I've also purchased the shampoo and will update in due course.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always have to use shampoo and conditioner that 'belong' to each other. I decided to buy the shampoo, so naturally also had to buy the conditioner. This is a light conditioner that does not weigh hair down. However I think it may not be enough 'moisture' for winter - I always have to use a leave in cream after. But it's nice for fine, flyaway hair that gets weighed down easily.