October 22, 2014 | 951 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Wild Rose Face Oil Capsules

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

This is a lovely product, very moisturizing and nice smelling. Feels like a real treat to use. Made my face feel really "comfortable" after a week of retinol. However, sweet almond oil and peach oil are both comedogenic (pore clogging) so this is def. not for anyone with acne prone skin or pore issues. That is why I took one lippy off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 6:10:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I find most Weleda products a bit too alcoholic for my tastes (this is due to their lack of chemical preservatives, which requires swapping those with something else, and here comes alcohol), I am a huge fan of these lovely capsules.
I used to use a pure Mosqueta Rose oil on my face, but it was very greasy and messy and I didn't have any appreciable results on my face, so I hesitated before buying these ones, thinking they would be similar. Then I was given a sample and I tested they're different: they're made from more different oils, and this makes them less greasy. They leave your skin really moisturized and soft, with no breakouts.
Fantastic smell, too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first step in overcoming for me is that i have oily skin, live in the tropics and have super high humidity levels. I do have a bit of a phobia about putting oil on my skin due to these factors but boy was i wrong. I washed and toned, cut open the top with a manicure scissors (i tried twisting but took a long time) and used half a capsule worth of the Rose oil. It goes on smoothly, did sit on the skin for a while but sank in within 15 min. The next morning, skin is not oily or slick but instead was bright, smooth and glowing. I attribute that to a good night's rest and decided to bring this on more trials. After several nights use. i can safely confirm that even for oily skin, this does not make you break out at all and gives the skin a more moist, supple feel. Makeup goes on great and the T-zone seemed more balanced and the mid-day shine came a bit later. I travel often and go thru different weather zones. This is an ideal product to go travel with as one cap you can use 2 nights, minimizing the stuff you bring on travel. Also it helps to use one whole complete cap if you are in a drier, colder region and it is able to let your skin glow like you have been sleeping for 8 solid hours. I not too sure about the anti-ageing effects but this is one HG product i will continue to use for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Sklisa

This is a great product for my combination to dry skin in the cold days. It's such a luxurios feeling when I massage it on my face every other evening, and my skin is always so soft and moistured without a trace of oil the next morning! Sure, I'll always keep it within hand reach.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by morningspot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading all the great reviews I decided to give this product a try. I had to order it from the UK and with shipping costs it wasn't that expensive ($30). After trying them, I'd pay more! This product is amazing. Truly it is. Its kinda fun to use the capsules (great for not spilling if you're traveling) and you have just the right amount in them. I didn't think my face could be so soft after one use but it is! And living in Canada your skin gets very dry & itchy. Im shocked on how well it is working. My spots have gone down, my milia is slowly getting bettter and the all over texture of my face has greatly improved. Can't say a bad thing about this. Dry skin? Buy this it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 10:19:00 AM More reviews by danielleclark

I bought this due to the reviews on here and, as usual, MUA has provided a gem. I'm using one capsule every night in place of a night cream and the results have been wonderful. The smell is heavenly and the consistency of the oil is perfect. After just two uses the deeply imbedded milia on my chin disappeared, and my skin tone has improved beyond my wildest expectations.
This oil is so good I'm considering using it under my moisturiser on the (now wintery) days I ride to work. I'll update...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by hellasunday

AHHH! What a treat! I use this as a treat to my skin about once a week/once a fortnight. I put it on at nighttime and in the morning my skin feels GREAT! I don't use a whole capsule though- just over half.

Dont know if it's cost effective as it was a present! - no idea how much it costs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Lmeg

Absolutely love this product. One capsule last me for three days; although they recommend using the entire capsule at one time. After a month of use I saw a huge difference in the clarity and texutre of my face...it actually glows. Can't find in the US so I order from England.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My best friend uses this, so when I was last up at her cottage I tried out one of them. I don't think this did anything for my skin. The capsules are very expensive and their packaging seems to make you gte a lot less moisturizer and paying for a lot more pretty packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by spirited92002

This is FANTASTIC.....very moisturizing and has helped me keep the hormonal breakouts away....not greasy at all : I don't know how it does what it does but it's toooooo good.