Palladio Herbal Lipstick

3.9

on 2/27/2010 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I thought I had found the perfect lipstick - Ice Princess. It's a gorgeous shade that lasts and lasts. However, it's hit or miss as far as the smell goes. When it's fresh, it has a lovely light vanilla scent that is very pleasing. But when it's not so fresh, it smells downright rancid - really nasty. I tried to wear one that had obviously been around too long (in the store) but couldn't stand the taste or smell, so I returned it. I actually had the cashiers at Ulta open 3 or 4 for me before I bought to be sure I wasn't getting another rancid tube. I'm so disappointed because I love the color and the staying power. I realize this is a problem with herbal cosmetics. So, I have to say that no, I would not purchase again.

on 12/5/2009 11:13:00 PM

I have this lipstick in two colors & plan to buy more. The formula was obviously high in quality; it covered very well and stayed put without drying my skin out. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with this lipstick; I plan to buy this lipstick exclusively in the future. The price is much better than department store brands & the quality is better than what's available at the drug store. Also, I liked the very subtle scent. It was uplifting without being overpowering.

on 10/26/2009 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this in both Smokey Rose and Rose-Berry. What I really like about the formula is that it's actually a creamy lipstick but it wears like a semi-matte formula. The Smokey Rose is very close to my actual lip color but just a little darker. It's a really, really pretty color for everyday wear. The Rose-Berry is really a rose berry color. It's pink but not like a fuschia (which I absolutely can't wear). It's a berry color but not terribly deep. It's more of a bright berry color vs. a darker one. It has no taste to me which is nice and one of my tubes keeps wanting to roll back down when I apply it but that's not that big of a deal to me. The price is really great too. I've been pleasantly surprised with most of the quality of Palladio products.

on 6/21/2009 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i bought DARK CHOCOLATE by palladio's makeup brand BECHIC... it is great. it goes on nice and creamy...it stays on a long time. will definetly buy again...different colors.

on 11/1/2008 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this lipstick in meadowsweet and I really like it. The color kinda reminds me of MAC's Viva Glam II with the only difference that's it's a bit more beige with pink undertones. Also for the price that I paid, which was $5.99 it's not so bad. I like the fact that upon application it's very moisturizing. I'm still on my first tube and I have a back up when I run out. I would definitely recommend this one. It's worth it.

on 10/20/2008 2:37:00 AM

Agree with normajeane73 that it's a tad dry. also I do not have lines on my mouth and I feel like this accentuated them. Color I chose (Wine Shine) was pretty though and it did stay on long. Price point not bad either, just not too sure about the "herbal" claims. Can't help but say I like luxe lipsticks but for certain occasions this will def do.

on 2/23/2008 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I went to Sally's to try this product line. The lipstick goes on smooth, the colors are beautiful, but the shade I chose HL859 Surely Pink is shiny. I can live with this but I don't like glossy, shiny finishes. Staying power OK and no odd taste on your lips. I will definitely try a few more shades.

on 12/6/2007 11:57:00 AM

I have to knock the packaging-my lipstick comes out of the base. I bought this in Geranium, a really nice darker red color. I love the red of this, but with my newly brown hair it's not as fabulous as I wish it were.

The texture of this is great, though, and there's a very good color selection, so I'm planning on trying a few other colors.

on 10/22/2007 5:19:00 AM

I like the nice packaging and cool color selection, but the lipstick went on a tad dry and settled into the lines on my lips really quickly, making it look chalky. Will not buy again.

UPDATE: I don't know what happened. I gave this lipstick another try and it actually works well now. Creamy and wears well.

on 8/3/2007 6:06:00 AM

I bought this in Chianti. It's soft and smooth; it's one of my favorite lipsticks and I wear it almost constantly. It's not matte, but it's not too glossy or sticky. So the consistency is really good. Great staying power as well.. It smells nice, too. Plus, it's herbal, which makes my hippie-dippie anarchafeminist side feel like a do-gooder.

Popular Lipsticks