July 30, 2014 | 1396 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the third LUSH fresh face mask I've tried, and I just loved this one. It leaves my face feeling so smooth and my skin doesn't feel oily or dirty once I wash it off. The packaging is nothing special but for the price, I get at least 4-5 uses out of it. The only thing I don't like about it is that some of the seaweed chunks are pretty big and can flake off while the mask is drying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

This mask is supposed to soften, soothe and moisturise your skin while reducing redness. It is a good mask because my skin does feel noticeably softer but in terms of redness I don't know if it has done much. Nevertheless it is a good mask and it is not too expensive either. What I like about is that it is freshly made and it should be used ideally withing 2 weeks because it is preservative free.

What it don't like too much about this mask is that it is a little chunky and bits and pieces can fall off your face while you're applying it. I'm not too keen on the smell but it doesn't bother me too much. It also needs to be stored in the fridge or it will go bad.

I might buy this mask again but I will probably try the other ones out that Lush has to offer to see if I like them better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by SweetiePie19

I didnt really know what type of skin i had, so i picked this one because it said it was for all types. When i put it on my face got little bumps on the cheaks and i think it dried out my face. It just made it worse and worse until i actually got a big pimple, not just acne/bumps. It also had a expiration date that in my opinion was to soon. You're not supposed to use face masks that often, but since they gave you that much you had to so you could have a chance to use it all. I love lush, i think i just picked the wrong product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lush BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask is targeted at sensitive skin and is one of their best sellers. BB Seaweed, an all natural product, contains large and small chunks of seaweed for calming the skin, finely ground almonds for exfoliation, rose absolute to improve skin's texture and tone, and olive oil for moisture, as well as a touch of honey. Like all Lush Fresh Face Masks, BB Seaweed must be stored in the fridge and only has a two to three week shelf-life. This mask is 100% natural, preservative free, and vegetarian friendly. I bought my 60g (2.1oz ) tub at the Lush in Macy's in Downtown Pittsburgh. I paid roughly $7 for this mask. Several employees told me that this was their favorite mask, one even went as far as to call it their favorite Lush product. All the positive comments about BB Seaweed got me really excited to try this mask. Currently Fresh Face Masks are be bought in store in the States, you can buy them online in Europe though. My tub of BB Seaweed was made in Canada by Violeta. Props to Violeta for her cool name. Lush is, of course, a cruelty free brand.
Lush's Fresh Face Masks come in their signature black plastic pots. Each pot is eligible for Lush's in-store recycling program. How does their program work? You simply bring five thoroughly cleaned pots into a Lush store and exchange them for a free Fresh Face Mask of your choosing. If you don't want to or can't participate in Lush's program, these pots are also recyclable in your local municipal program. BB Seaweed's description can be found on the top of the screw off lid. Directions are located on the side of the tube. A full ingredient list can be found on the bottom of the tub, along with a made by sticker. I just found out today that if you peel off the made by sticker, you'll find a a corny, corny joke.
Not gonna lie, BB Seaweed looks pretty gross. It's grey tinged with multisized chunks of seaweed scattered through it. The texture is a little bit gritty and fairly thick. Smoothing this mask on in an even layer is pretty difficult. This mask looks equally as gross on the face, especially when you get the really big chunks of seaweed on. This mask feels instantly refreshing on the skin, mainly because it's straight out of the fridge and super cold. After the mask warms up to room temperature it still feels amazing on the skin. I don't want to say that it tingles, because it doesn't, but you can feel it working. As BB Seaweed dries, it balls up and starts to flake off in small chunks. This mask takes roughly 10 minutes to dry. Rinsing is pretty effortless, you'll feel some gentle exfoliating as you rub it off. Be careful when you rinse, some of the larger seaweed chunks could clog sinks with small drains.
Lush's BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask makes my skin feel happy. It really does. My skin feels very soft and rejuvenated after I used BB Seaweed. My skin tone is much more even since I started using this mask every two days. I haven't touched my any other masks. I want to mention that I haven't had one single pimple since I started using this mask. I recommend using BB Seaweed in conjunction with Ocean Salt, just don't use one right after the other, especially if you have sensitive skin, it can be a little irritating.
Lush's BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask is great! It improved and my brightened my skin from the very first use and it gets better with each use. This mask soothes the skin and probably would be good for sensitive skin. If you like very gentle exfoliation, BB Seaweed would be great for you. You'll want to avoid this mask if you're scent sensitive; BB Seaweed has a very strong, kinda gross scent that's like a mix of rose and seaweed - unpleasant. I recommend Lush's BB Seaweed mask if you're looking for a soothing, brightening, all natural mask. I think I'll repurchase this mask eventually, but right now I want to try more Fresh Face Masks, I think I might even make a review series out of it. In my opinion, Fresh Face Masks are one of Lush's best products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by queenarach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this mask! i have combo skin, and it's one of the few masks without shea or cocoa butter in it. I also stick this in the freezer along with the blueberry one and I just take it out let it thaw for a few seconds pop some on my face then stick it back into the freezer for the next time; it lasts forever that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by roshan11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found the BB Seaweed extremely refreshing and soothing. My skin is normally quite dry and also very sensitive, however the mask makes my face feel hydrated and smooth( I just used it and at the moment i cant stop stoking my face :o)
I think that the face mask should be available in a smaller size because it is really hard to use up the whole mask within the 3 week expiration date.
Otherwise its awesome and i recommend it to ANYBODY who is looking for a good quality face mask at an affordable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by beatricvall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. The first few times i used it, it gave me a nice glow, but after repeated use it started to dry out my skin, which is already dry enough. But it still gives me a nice radiant glow, but it doesn't last too long. Still I will buy it until I find another option.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Hullah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this mask many times now, because it makes my skin look very healthy and hydrated. It lasts me for about 7 masks, which makes the price fair. The only thing I don't like is the seaweed, the chunks are too big and I had a hard time putting it on my face the first couple of times.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Lurid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I until recently overlooked seaweed, and never considered adding products containing it to my regimen. But I learned more about it recently, and now it is something I want in most, if not all of the products I use, as seaweed is softening, soothing, and brimming with minerals, and this mask has been proof of how beneficial marine plants are for health.

This mask is gentle, cooling, soothing and refreshing. It leaves my skin soft, with reduced redness and a nice glow. I love it and I think it will be a new staple of mine.

I use it two to three times a week usually (more if my skin is especially dry). I find the smell to be light and refreshing. I've even used it a couple days in a row, just because it feels so good on my face!

I agree with other reviewers that the chunks of seaweed are messy and unnecessary (I do worry about them clogging the sink), and would rather see them chopped very finely and integrated seamlessly with the rest of the ingredients. But, I can live gladly with the mask as it is. The benefits are great.

I find that this mask will last longer than the three week shelf life indicated on the bottom of the container. Many of Lush's face masks will, I just check for any changes in appearance or smell that would indicate spoilage. If anything, the ingredients may lose a bit of their effectiveness, but I haven't really noticed this personally. I have another Lush mask called Brazened Honey that has lasted me a couple months. I think it depends on the ingredients the mask contains (honey for example has natural antibacterial qualities), and I also always wash my hands before dipping into the container.

All in all, Lush's face masks are incredibly high quality and well worth the price. If BB Seaweed doesn't do it for you, I'm confident that you will find another that you'll really enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by saffronbaby

This product is perfect for when you're skin just isn't behaving itself! it feels so calming, fresh and soothing, I love it! I have dry/ combination skin and am a natural redhead/ strawberry blonde so am prone to redness. This mask sorts my redness out a treat soothing it with its rosewater and seaweed (and other good stuff too!). not drying at all but feels very very fresh and reduces shine.