November 26, 2014 | 1163 users online

Masks - Lancome - Empreinte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by pasdetrois

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this after stumbling on a rave by Andy Paige, who has a beauty blog. (Andy was once on a reality show called Starting Over.) She stated this mask was similar to a facial with extractions, that it works on blackheads and pores. I found it for about $18 on a discount cosmetics website. I don't have blackheads, but I do get clogged pores on my nose.

I've used this twice; once for five minutes and once where I left it on for several hours. Sadly, it did nothing for my clogged pores, except to temporarily make them appear a bit smaller. The gunk is still in there (back to my Biore strips). However, this mask does offer a temporary mattifying effect. I was less shiny on my nose for about a day after I used the mask. Since it's too drying for my winter skin, I will limit its use to my nose before big meetings and events during the cold months, then use it more frequently in the summer.

I doubt I will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

i don't think it is for sensitive skin because it kind of burn my skin every time i use it. i only apply on my T zone for blackheads. well dispites the burning i still leave it on for 5 mins. i like it for it can open up my pores so i can extract blackheads. overall a good simple clay mask..would like it better if it is not scented..:D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Loveforso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have bought this purifying mask twice and it seems to have great results on my skin. Every time I use it my skin becomes really clear and soft and the most important the blemishes less noticeable. Though it is quite expensive, it is definetely worth every penny!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Ambien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't really feel like this is doing anything to my skin, it doesn't leave it feeling "deep clean" like other purifying masks do. Also, my skin is not the most sensitive but holy hell the itching and burning after the first couple of minutes, its eventually unbearable and you have to like, run to the bathroom to wash it off 'cause it feel so awful, like your face is on fire. Afterwards my skin just doesn't feel any different.

Going back to my Lumene purifying mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by tracy1031

im usually not a mask person but i have started to use this mask regularly and it is fabulous for soothing irritated skin/calming and shirnking down zits.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

I've always been told I had nice skin but I wanted to try a Clay masque to mattify and soften my skin.

This is my first clay mask and I LOVE it. I use it every week after exfloating my face. I steam my face so the pores open..and squeeze about a 25-cent coin size in my palm and massage it in. This stuff dries pretty quick (30 seconds) and forms a stiff layer. You can feel the tightening..it's amazing. It's got a light scent and the tube provides a controlled amount into your hands.

I leave it in for 15 minutes..and rinse with cold water. MY GOSH it makes your skin SO friggin smooth and it does mattify for about the first 2 days. It's really softening. It's your basic clay mask which really deep cleans.

I will gladly repurchase but i thin kit'll take a year to finish that tube...it is worth every penny. I would suggest giving this a gift..a nice luxury pampering item that anyone who's into basic skincare, would love. It costed around $35 CAD.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product rarely but I've had it for five years and I do love it. This mask is not some super high tech mask or wrinkle reducing mask but its a good simple clay mask to extract gunk out of the pores and make skin tone more even. I just used this--its an insanely hot day and my skin was getting oily--I could see my big black pores (sorry for the image). So I put like a big glob of this on my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin and let it stay on for a much longer time than you're supposed to (about forty five minutes), then I washed it off (took some effort it dries off really thick and gets stuck), but now my skin is totally even--no redness, no oiliness, no pores, no dead skin. Just even toned, matte skin and it looks awesome! I did steam my face a little bit first and use a blackhead remover to take the blackheads out before I applied this and I think this really helped in taking the rest out and refining the pores. If you have big pores (like I do) this is a must have. However Im not giving it a five because Im still always on the lookout for a superb mask that will even skintone and give a 'glowy' look and lift a little bit (even though Im 22 wrinkle free but itd be nice to have a nonclay mask that exfoliates and gives an even finish). Still this is the best clay mask I've ever tried (totally beats mint julep's butt) and every other clay mask Ive seen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jakeandbear12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful creamy and clay mask! Non drying and sucks the gunk right out of your pores! I have combo skin and use this in conjunction with Lancome's exfoliator(exfoliator first) then the Empriente once or twice a week and I have had better results with this combo than any microdermabrasion or chemical exfoliation. I am starting to believe gentle is better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample around the time I had a monster zit coming up! It definately shrinked it (after applying 3 times in one day!haha) But, really this masks works great for giving your skin a healthy glow. I bought it on ebay for around 12.50 even though it cost about 30$'s! I am not sure if I will ever purchase it at full price because I don't think ANY mask is worth that unless it is some kind of miracle product. But, needless to say, I like it better than any other mask I have tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Pummelo

I love this product. I have dry skin, so I don't use this as a face mask. Instead, I use it as a spot treater and on my t-zone twice a week. It's especially effective after I use a Biore nose strip. It sucks out all the gunk and keeps the blackheads at bay. Better yet, a tube of this stuff has lasted me nearly a year!