November 26, 2014 | 1865 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by iamkarenp

yeah. i would buy this product again:)

im very impressed with it. super. i use it as an eyeshadow, blush, and even as a lippie. the colors are great and they suit my skin tone very well... and it has staying power... no need for retouching. :)

it's a little pricey but it's worth it. among all my stuff in my makeup kit, this is my favorite.

I LOOOVVVVEEEE THE BODY SHOP:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by JessLol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just had to review this product! I got it in a gift bag for my birthday and was a bit 'Ohhh ... thanks.' After trying it out I can safely say it is AWESOME. I love it so much. Great for a bronzer or blush. You can mix up the colours for a gorgeous eyeshadow colour. It's just amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by sshep0904

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I lOVE the shimmer waves.
Its awesome i like to mix some of the colors and it goes great for eyeshadow.I havent used it for my cheeks yet but im sure it would be good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Purchased the peach shimmer waves. The colors are pretty but way too shimmery on, my face looked like a disco ball. Did not irritate my eyes or break me out, but I ended up returning it because of the shimmer which is a big no no for us older women.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by lilyzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pretty good product! It can work both as a highlighter or bronzer because of the variety of shades in the compact. It is neither orange-y nor unnaturally glittery when applied. It does a fab job contouring when applied with a light hand to the underside of the cheekbones. When I apply NARS Orgasm to the apples of my cheek it blends perfectly for a natural contoured look. Reasonably priced and lasts a long time too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a good one for me, with a strong potential for a HG, but there are some flaws in it that make it not worth five lippies.

I love the most important thing- the color. the colors in it are very pretty and when mixed, they give me a golden shimmer glow that i love. it's not orange, it's a dark gold, and it can be worn for daytime or evening, on the body as well.

What i don't like is the fact that i have to be very attentive when i pick up this product on the brush. the consistency is very fine, if i rub my fingers with the product on i literally feel the softness and creaminess of the powder, but when i rub or dab the brush inside the palette, it's very difficult to get the perfect amount of product (from each bar of color) and not make a complete mess (dragging one color on top of the other makes it impossible to use the colors individually without a thorough cleaning). i think some of the colors are more likely to influence the final outcome, because some are dark and others are light, so i try to pick up as little as possible from the darkest one but it's hard because that lovely pearly last bar is the one that gives me a pretty glow and i have to work it without touching the dark one above...anyways.

so this is my major complaint, the fact that once i've used the entire palette i have to clean it up to be able to still see the colors individually. hm.

then there's that red bar in the middle (i think), i don't like that color at all, i'd rather go without it, even with the darkest one, but without the red-copper-terracotta whatever that is. i just hate the way it looks, the way it picks up on the brush (meaning it's the one that picks up the most, like in a murphy's law, just because i don't like it). it might have its own use inside the palette and i am pretty aware that its presence contributes to the outcome but sometimes it appears like it's too overwhelming for what i wanted from this palette, dark gold shimmer. so i have to bypass it because if i take it out, like depot it, the other bars will crumble without its support. bummer.

the lid tends to get dirty and opaque and everything but i really don't care about the cuteness of the packaging in products, to be honest. what i would have liked to see in this product is a mirror...it is pretty expensive here in Sweden so a mirror should have been a must.

then the price...pretty high if you ask me but i'm on a student budget so maybe that's the thing.

i would buy this again because there's nothing else on the market that i've found to give this warm brownish glow except for this one, and i love that it's not glittered, and that it has shimmer in it. so yep. but i know it will last forever so no thoughts of repurchasing this anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Florettaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a nice bronzer, with a shimmer/sheen not a sparkle. It does give a nice healthy glow, and looks especially nice when dusted over collar bone, shoulders etc.
It is best to be light handed here, or have a good bronzer brush as the dark brown can look slightly too dark.
The pattern made by the waves is nice, but the plastic lid seems easy to scratch and then it can look slightly opaque rather than transparent which is a shame.
If you're in a rush, then its handy having a multi purpose product - a quick dust over cheeks, and as an eyeshadow makes things nice&easy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 7:59:00 AM More reviews by mandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. I've been using these as eyeshadows.
Lovely colours with shimmer.
The colors seem to last forever, even with regular use (used these particular shades for work).
I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by rallis2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love this bronzer! I've used it as eyeshadow and bronzer/blush, and I like how shimmery it is and the variety of colors. This is a staple of my quick, 5 minute out-the-door morning makeup routine, I wouldn't want to be without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by masimiso

i only use this as an eyeshadow, but still it is the only 'pallette' that has colours perfect for my skin tone. as a bronzer, i think with the brown in this product would be to much of a colour for most people. maybe peach would be much better. but i do like this, and body shop.