Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Toast of New York

4.3

on 12/8/2005 8:19:00 AM

This is a subtle red-brown-orange that is really gorgeous on me, and it lasts forever with lipliner. My stepmother is a redhead and it looks great on her; I have gold/brown hair and it works for me too. Definitely a shade for warmer folks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the first Super Lustrous l/s I have tried (though I have almost all the SL glosses and love them). It cost almost $6 at Target here in NJ. I am very pale with cool undertones and was worried that this would be too orange for me. When I first opened it, I applied it to my hand and thought, uh oh--it did seem to have an orange cast to it. However, I applied it to my lips, and was pleased to see a nice deep reddish brown (more red than brown on me...I have pigmented lips that are naturally medium pink). When applied, the color looked warm, but not orange. It is pretty matte, but won't make you look deceased...and if it's too matte for you, you can always dab some gloss on top. The color lasted for several hours. The bottom line for me is...it's still a little too warm but on certain people I bet this would be BEAUTIFUL. I just can't seem to wear any colors that have even a little brown to them.

on 4/30/2005 2:28:00 PM

Every woman that I know at some point has bought this tube of lipstick. It is very flattering for all ethnicities. It is the perfect shade of brownish tan that is not too orange or dull.

on 2/2/2005 10:32:00 AM

This was my very lipstick - I didn't start wearing makeup until about 15, 16 - so I have fond memories of plucking out lipstick from the plastic pullout containers at the drugstore. I've since graduated from Revlon, and pretty much all matte, red-brown lipsticks, but I think I'll always have a special place in my heart for Toast of New York. After all, it wasn't drying, made me feel pretty, and was the jumping off point to a lifetime obsession with makeup.

Popular Lipsticks