Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Toast of New York 325

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It's sort of a reddish brownish nudish colour. nothin special

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was my go to lipstick as a young teenager. Now when I put it on, it just looks silly. Don't get me wrong, the color is still pretty I just think my overall look and style have changed in the last few years and the color just looks "off" now.

This is mu with a story.I saw this on a Revlon hair dye and this looked so good and natural on the model. On me, it is a nice brick-dark red-orange , a my lips but better colour. The texture of the product was surprisingly good too (I never tired Revlon l/s). Does not dry my lips out, applies nicely and looks natural (some l/s seem to sit on the lips ). However will not buy again, as I realised I suit vivid pinks more.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love Revlon lipsticks because they are high quality yet budget friendly. Toast of New York is no exception. The color works on my GGG skin tone because it is neither too blah nor too outrageous. It is one of those colors that works well for any occasion and any makeup look. It is very, very close to L'Oreal's Cinnamon Toast (another great color) but I prefer Revlon because their lipsticks are unscented. I find Toast of New York to be more of a fall/winter color but I feel its warmth can be complemented by summer eye shadows in fresh shades of coral, tangerine or lemon. If Revlon were to retire this classic beauty I would stockpile every last one!

This color would look good on most people, a very good color to wear to work or other occasions when you don't wan to be too out there. not too brown, red or pink,, but a bit in between. very nice.

Meh...I actually bought this by mistake. I orignally wanted to try Deep Nude, but someone at Ulta put Toast of New York back in the Deep Nude column! Grr...Anyway, this is okay on me (NC30), but it's just so....plain. A basic reddish brown cream lipstick. Very Elaine from Seinfeld. Very 90's. Or an office workplace color. As popular as it is, I was hoping maybe there'd be something more to it. Maybe good for dress-up occasions (or for work!), but it just doesn't wow me enough to use it on a consistent basis. On the upside though, it does look the same on me as it does in the tube.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

i tried it on and said "where have you been?" i love how its brown-ish, red-ish AND orangy looking. great color for me!

I agree with the previous reviewer about Bali Brown. It is gorgeous. I have also tried to wear Toast of New York, and I find it too light and too drab. But that's just me. On others Toast of New York may be the best thing ever.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Several years ago Revlon offered both this shade and a shade called "Bali Brown," which was slightly deeper than Toast of NY and had more red and less orange. Bali Brown was my perfect, perfect "red lipstick for redheads." I recently tried out Toast of NY as its substitute, but no go. Toast of NY *should* look great on me, but it's just too darn orange and seems to bring out sallow tones in my skin. I guess I just need more contrast against my very fair, very yellow skintone. I discovered that Bali Brown is still available on eBay and BuyMeBeauty.com, so ordered myself 2 tubes of that and told Toast of NY to go visit someone else's handbag!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ahhh, such a lovely color! I have sooo many lippies (almost 30, at last count), and this is my favorite. It's a cinnamon-ey brownish red. It's neutral enough for daytime, but bright enough for night. My words can't do it justice, so I posted a pick. It's a very warm color, so beware if you're cool toned, but on my medium yellow yellow yellow skin, it looks fabulous. Kind of expensive for drugstore, but they call Revlon "MAC of the drugstore" for a reason. Just lovely. I highly recommend it.

Recommended for Medium Skin