MAC Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base (CCB)

4.8

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Im surprised I haven't already reviewed this. what a beautiful cream color base, looks great on cheeks and lips, its beautiful on its own or as a base for a blush, i love love love this with either my Marine life, Hipness blush, or Ripe peach!!!! would buy this again in a heartbeat if i ever ran out!

(I bought this online, im not sure if they carry this in any stores i haven't seen it)

i bought this from mac recentley and i am glad i bought it, it adds a nice flush of colour to the cheeks, i use a stippling brush to apply. it should last me forever too as you only need a very small amount for it to show up on the cheeks.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have Combination/Oily Skin and I've always been afraid of creme blush or anything creamy (unless it's eyeshadow) close to my skin. Then I saw Pixiwoo and Pixi2woo on youtube showing some corally looks using Virgin Isle. I've noticed that with my skincoloring (NC42/43) I look great in corals. I may be dark and they may be light but the blush looked really bright in the pan so I figured, why not? I got it and I kid you not, it gives off such a beautiful glow to the skin. It feels amazing on and it lasts all day. I use the MAC 109 brush to apply it and it goes on like a dream. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a corally blush. It's my HG blush for the summer. As for purchasing again, I would do so in a heartbeat!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

First off, I should note that this CCB is now only sold in MAC Pro stores but can be found on their regular website.

This is the perfect color for summer. Although it looks very vibrant and flashy, once blended out (I dab it onto cheeks with my finger and blend it out with my 188 brush), it becomes the most perfect coral ever. I honestly think it can suit any skintone.

This is the first cream product I have bought to use on my cheeks, and I was worried that it would feel heavy and would fade throughout the day. I actually use it over my powder (some say it's a big no-no) and it stays on without a problem and feels very light.

I have also used this on my lips, combined with Makeup For Ever's Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil in 18C (a nice coral - also looks great with Pink Lemonade Lipglass on top). My lips became a bright coral which again, perfect for summer.

In conclusion, I advise you that if you can purchase this product - in stores or online - do it NOW! You won't be disappointed as it is a go-to for summer. Trust me. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm shocked that this product isn't raved about!!!! this is so awsome!!! it looks bright and scary orange in the pot but on my NC30 skintone, and when applied with a 188, it transforms into a GORGEOUS pinky coral shade!!! Perfect for spring and summer. I think this came out a while ago, but i'm not sure. This is definately one of MAC's hidden gems. If you have one at your CCO, RUN and get this.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

1000 stars for this colour! The beautiful coral colour instantly warms up your complexion. I have owned a few CCBs and I think application is key to really getting the most out of them. I have very oily skin and always worry about how cream based products will look on me. When I apply this CCB with my fingers, it just does not look right. It just sits on top of my skin. My most recent purchase - a MAC 130 brush does WONDERS. That brush was made for cream products. If you can still find this CCB, try it. Looks especially great on darker/warm skintones. For reference, I am NW45/NC50.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This coral-pink CCB is a must have in your makeup collection..absolutely wonderful on NC40ish skin tones..a dab of this super pigmented gorgeous CCB on you cheeks, brightens up you face, looks like you had 30 hrs of sleep, no joke:)apply a coral based MSF on top and you are good to go,totally recommend!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

After hearing rave reviews about Virgin Isle CCB on specktra, I decided to give it a try. At first glance its a shocking bright orange coral, but from experience, bright in the pan always looks great on the skin. I was lucky to get this at MAC pro recently, as I hear this is discontinued? I love the results!!
I'd buy this again

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

After hearing rave reviews about Virgin Isle CCB, I decided to give it a try. At first glance its a shocking bright orange coral, that looks a bit clownish. That didn't deter me and now I have a favorite friend. For one, it looks like a nice sunkissed glow on the apples of my cheeks- the look that I've been trying to capture since I came back from vacation in Kauai last year. It instantly warms up my cocoa skintone ( I wear NARS New Guinea or MAC NW45 for reference) and a little goes a long way. I never would have though a bright coral would look natural but it does and I'm glad I caved in and got it.
This CCB was released over 7 years in the Eden Rock's collection for MAC but its available in MAC PROs stores.

I plan on wearing this all by its lonesome or sweeping a bronzer over it for a bit more depth and shimmer as the VI's consistency is very creamy sans shimmer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

YES! I would buy this product again, but it's discontinued.. just like MAC's best. Anyway -- this is my spring summer color for the cheeks... it is THE best. I tried to dupe it with Gerbera but no go.. Gerbera is good but not Virgin Isle! If you find it, buy it.. you will love it.

Top Rated MAC Products