November 27, 2014 | 1542 users online

Blush - MAC - Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base (CCB)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by DeeVine1217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I should note that this CCB is now only sold in MAC Pro stores but can be found on their regular website.

This is the perfect color for summer. Although it looks very vibrant and flashy, once blended out (I dab it onto cheeks with my finger and blend it out with my 188 brush), it becomes the most perfect coral ever. I honestly think it can suit any skintone.

This is the first cream product I have bought to use on my cheeks, and I was worried that it would feel heavy and would fade throughout the day. I actually use it over my powder (some say it's a big no-no) and it stays on without a problem and feels very light.

I have also used this on my lips, combined with Makeup For Ever's Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil in 18C (a nice coral - also looks great with Pink Lemonade Lipglass on top). My lips became a bright coral which again, perfect for summer.

In conclusion, I advise you that if you can purchase this product - in stores or online - do it NOW! You won't be disappointed as it is a go-to for summer. Trust me. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm shocked that this product isn't raved about!!!! this is so awsome!!! it looks bright and scary orange in the pot but on my NC30 skintone, and when applied with a 188, it transforms into a GORGEOUS pinky coral shade!!! Perfect for spring and summer. I think this came out a while ago, but i'm not sure. This is definately one of MAC's hidden gems. If you have one at your CCO, RUN and get this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

1000 stars for this colour! The beautiful coral colour instantly warms up your complexion. I have owned a few CCBs and I think application is key to really getting the most out of them. I have very oily skin and always worry about how cream based products will look on me. When I apply this CCB with my fingers, it just does not look right. It just sits on top of my skin. My most recent purchase - a MAC 130 brush does WONDERS. That brush was made for cream products. If you can still find this CCB, try it. Looks especially great on darker/warm skintones. For reference, I am NW45/NC50.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by 101MAC101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This coral-pink CCB is a must have in your makeup collection..absolutely wonderful on NC40ish skin tones..a dab of this super pigmented gorgeous CCB on you cheeks, brightens up you face, looks like you had 30 hrs of sleep, no joke:)apply a coral based MSF on top and you are good to go,totally recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After hearing rave reviews about Virgin Isle CCB on specktra, I decided to give it a try. At first glance its a shocking bright orange coral, but from experience, bright in the pan always looks great on the skin. I was lucky to get this at MAC pro recently, as I hear this is discontinued? I love the results!!
I'd buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by greatscott2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing rave reviews about Virgin Isle CCB, I decided to give it a try. At first glance its a shocking bright orange coral, that looks a bit clownish. That didn't deter me and now I have a favorite friend. For one, it looks like a nice sunkissed glow on the apples of my cheeks- the look that I've been trying to capture since I came back from vacation in Kauai last year. It instantly warms up my cocoa skintone ( I wear NARS New Guinea or MAC NW45 for reference) and a little goes a long way. I never would have though a bright coral would look natural but it does and I'm glad I caved in and got it.
This CCB was released over 7 years in the Eden Rock's collection for MAC but its available in MAC PROs stores.

I plan on wearing this all by its lonesome or sweeping a bronzer over it for a bit more depth and shimmer as the VI's consistency is very creamy sans shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

YES! I would buy this product again, but it's discontinued.. just like MAC's best. Anyway -- this is my spring summer color for the cheeks... it is THE best. I tried to dupe it with Gerbera but no go.. Gerbera is good but not Virgin Isle! If you find it, buy it.. you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ran to MAC Pro store as soon as I read an article on style.com or elle.com (can't remember). The vice president of MAC was using this on the runway models and I love the coral look on them. It's like coral peach on the cheeks. So, I tested it out and yes, this color makes me happy and smiley. It looks damned scary on the pan, like garish orangy red. I use my skunk brush to apply this (also shown on the models, he used the small skunk brush). Well, I have the big one. I kinda press the brush, flatten it a little and swipe it in lightly on the pan, then just apply it on your cheeks. It's very pigmented, so goes lightly and gently. The MAC girl told me, you can use brush 138 I believe. But, skunk brush works wonderful. I'm getting addicted to MAC multi purpose cream blush, whatever they call it. LOL...You can dab this on your pout, too. Lovely. I bought Pink Shock as well for my lippies. Haven't tried it, yet on the face. I like the creamy texture. And surprisingly, I can't use cream blush, since I have oily/acne prone skin with some pigmentation. I use BE foundation and face powder. When I use cream blush, it can erase my concealer or distract the whole look. But this multi purpose doesn't even erase my foundation, etc. I can use it as regular when I use powder blush. Cream blush normally after liquid foundation or bare face. So, this is a plus for me. It's still available at PRO store, so don't worry. It's not discontinued.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

What a gorgeous, brightening, beautiful color!! I just recently received this in the mail after ordering it from MAC's goodbye page. I remember seeing on one of the many forums I visit the most beautiful picture of these vivid coral lips - and then reading that MAC's virgin isle cream color base was used to create them! This particular CCB is not meant to be used around the eye area... but it is a dream on the lips and the cheeks. All you need is a dab on either your finger or a skunk brush - once its blended into your skin, you look fresh and awake! Like you went on vacation and came back with a splendid tan and those corally pinkened cheeks! Also makes a perfect bright lip color when dabbed onto lips with clear gloss over - too bad they're taking this one away :( I would definitely repurchase, if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

How incredibly gorgeous can this be?! Oh......My......God! This is my second CCB after Hush which is nice too. But Virgin Isle is out of this world, something totally different from all I have (and I have a huge stash). In the pot, it looks like a coralish red. But on my cheeks AND lips, it's THE MOST beautiful coral pink EVER! It doesn't apply as red as it looks in the pot at all. I think this is the prettiest color I put on my lips in my whole life. HG! (NW20 for reference)