DHC Renewing AHA Cream

4.4

water/aqua/eau, lactic acid, butylene glycol, glycerin, sodium lactate, glyceryl stearate SE, propylene glycol stearate, dioctyldodeceth-5 lauroyl glutamate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, glucose, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, magnesium aluminum silicate, zinc oxide, xanthan gum, saccharide isomerate, dimethicone, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, biosaccharide gum-1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I had some samples of this stuff so I decided to try it out. This stuff does work. My face did feel smoother after one application, but the stinging drove me crazy for several minutes and it felt sticky on my face. The stinging I could take but the sticky feeling I couldn't so I threw away the rest of my samples. What really gets me though is the price. For less than a third of the cost I can use Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream with the same percentage of AHA. For less than half of the cost I can get Alpha Hydrox Souffle with the HIGHER 12% AHA. I can't recommend this when I know there are cheaper products out there in drugstores that are just as effective.

UPDATE: MUAer mu_atalltimes corrected me that this product uses lactic acid instead of glycolic acid as its AHA. I don't understand the need for correction as both are AHAs and I never stated that DHC's cream had glycolic acid, but I understand her point that someone might prefer lactic acid in the DHC Renewing AHA Cream instead of the glycolic acid in Alpha Hydrox as lactic acid can be more gentle to the skin. For those that want to read more on lactic acid I found this in Discovery Health: http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/beauty/lactic-acid-skin-care.htm.

For those that insist on lactic acid then maybe the $42.50 for 1.5 oz is worth the price. Finding a lactic acid product specifically for the face can be challenging. I only know of the DHC product though I only did a quick google search for a lactic acid face cream. Google lead me to Amlactin Moisturizing Lotion 12%: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=16752&catid=182918&aid=333840&aparam=0kPyc8_iJjY-TZcPCQC635hzRPY3XDLBjQ

This is a body lotion but more than one reviewer stated they use it on their face too with great results and $20.69 for 14 oz at 12%, which is higher than the 10% of DHC's cream. It's listed in MUA as an "unlisted brand." So to summarize if you don't mind the high price then go for DHC Renewing AHA Cream. As for me I think I'll try this Amlactin.

Great product!! I switched to this product months ago and have been using it diligently. Apply twice or 3 times every week, at night, followed by water based moisture, then acerola gel. My face is smooth as silk the next morning. This product really takes off dead skin as promised!! I have combo skin - very oily in the summer and semi-dry in the winter. Been testing out DHC's product and this is my favorite by far. Still working on the best moisturizer for my skin thou.

I have oily/combo skin and prone to sporadic one-zit breakouts.

I use this twice a week at night, following my routine of DHC pure soap and DHC mild lotion. I didn't notice any tingling or stinging sensation when I first used it. The cream is a little on the sticky side, but I found that it spreads easier if my face is a little damp.

My face felt smoother the following morning, and by the next week I could see the results. My skin looked clearer and my scars have lightened.

The price is a bit steep, however on sale, it is definately worth the splurge. The packing is great and I love how the top is a pump dispenser, which minimizes contamination.

This is my favorite face product! I use it two nights a week after my regular cleansing routine and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin. My skin tone looks more even, my skin feels smoother and I'm not breaking out as much as I used to. Not only has this helped minimize the quantity of pimples I get (my skin is combo with occassional pimples), it has also helped to quickly heal the few that I do have. I don't have any big wrinkles either, but I must have had some small/fine ones because I have definitely seen a difference and other people have also mentioned how smooth my skin looks lately. It's usually $37 which is more than I like to spend, but since nearly all the rest of my skincare products are from the drugstore, this is my "splurge" and it's worth every penny.

I don't know, but I think that you expect an exfoliator to sting to make sure it working. This one does sting, but only for a little time. Same as the Natura Bisse, but with much less drying. The DHC, although you get the "tingle", stops shortly after application. When you wake up in the morning all you have is smooth skin and even skin tone.

This really did nothing for my skin. I used it faithfully each night for several months. I woke up each morning with a heavy film on my face. No break outs but no other noticeable difference either. It was rather expensive, too, but is now one more bottle cluttering up my bathroom cabinet. :(

This is an outstanding product. It is a very strong exfoliant (and it does sting when I first put it on) and I use it only once a week, but that's enough -- my skin is smoother and more radiant for days afterward. Pricey, but worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had to go through three sample packets before I broke down and bought it. Part of my hesitation was that I'm a fan of Olay's Microdermabrasion kit and I didn't feel a need for another exfoliating product. But after I ran out of Olay I began to use up those packets...and I'm glad I did! This gives me the same softening/smoothing benefits without the redness or increased sensitivity. DHC recommends using this 1-2x weekly, but during the warm months my skin really seems to like this as an every-other-night treatment, alternating with an antioxidant-rich cream. Conversely, if the humidity is low and my skin becomes dry, I have to go back to 1-2x per week or my face will become irritated. I've been doing this for two weeks and so far my skin looks smoother (cheeks/forehead) and more even-toned. The pores on my nose are less clogged, too. There is an initial stinging after application, but it disappears after an hour. It also has a sticky finish that almost, but not quite, sinks in. Fine for me but it might feel like too much for the oil/moisture-phobic. However, when I wake up in the morning there is no greasiness, redness or irritation and my skin feels so soft and revitalized. Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Wow! This stuff is amazing! I bought this based on the reviews and I'm glad I did. This stuff does go on sticky and even feels a bit on the oily side. It may even have "tingled" a bit (more like a really light burning sensation for those who have more sensitive skin) but IMO, it's definately worth the few smooth days of skin it gave me! My skin never felt so soft and smooth before since I have very oily ruddy skin but this stuff did wonders on me! I still suggest those with sensitive skin request or swap a sample first because it may burn more for some people but I think
this product is by far one of the best I've tried in DHC!

This is one of my many favorites from DHC. I agree it does go on sticky, and a little thick, but I get a tingly stinging feeling, and I know it's working. My skin is radiant,smooth and glowing from using this. I am alternating nights with this and my greencream, and am starting to also feel this is doing more for me than the greencream.Packaging is great..and I truly have no complaints..love this product!!!