August 22, 2014 | 1681 users online

Treatments (Face) - DHC - Renewing AHA Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2006 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lscott2918

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know, but I think that you expect an exfoliator to sting to make sure it working. This one does sting, but only for a little time. Same as the Natura Bisse, but with much less drying. The DHC, although you get the "tingle", stops shortly after application. When you wake up in the morning all you have is smooth skin and even skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Trin598

This really did nothing for my skin. I used it faithfully each night for several months. I woke up each morning with a heavy film on my face. No break outs but no other noticeable difference either. It was rather expensive, too, but is now one more bottle cluttering up my bathroom cabinet. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by CynicElle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an outstanding product. It is a very strong exfoliant (and it does sting when I first put it on) and I use it only once a week, but that's enough -- my skin is smoother and more radiant for days afterward. Pricey, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had to go through three sample packets before I broke down and bought it. Part of my hesitation was that I'm a fan of Olay's Microdermabrasion kit and I didn't feel a need for another exfoliating product. But after I ran out of Olay I began to use up those packets...and I'm glad I did! This gives me the same softening/smoothing benefits without the redness or increased sensitivity. DHC recommends using this 1-2x weekly, but during the warm months my skin really seems to like this as an every-other-night treatment, alternating with an antioxidant-rich cream. Conversely, if the humidity is low and my skin becomes dry, I have to go back to 1-2x per week or my face will become irritated. I've been doing this for two weeks and so far my skin looks smoother (cheeks/forehead) and more even-toned. The pores on my nose are less clogged, too. There is an initial stinging after application, but it disappears after an hour. It also has a sticky finish that almost, but not quite, sinks in. Fine for me but it might feel like too much for the oil/moisture-phobic. However, when I wake up in the morning there is no greasiness, redness or irritation and my skin feels so soft and revitalized. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by acidraver88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! This stuff is amazing! I bought this based on the reviews and I'm glad I did. This stuff does go on sticky and even feels a bit on the oily side. It may even have "tingled" a bit (more like a really light burning sensation for those who have more sensitive skin) but IMO, it's definately worth the few smooth days of skin it gave me! My skin never felt so soft and smooth before since I have very oily ruddy skin but this stuff did wonders on me! I still suggest those with sensitive skin request or swap a sample first because it may burn more for some people but I think
this product is by far one of the best I've tried in DHC!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2005 10:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupmavenn

This is one of my many favorites from DHC. I agree it does go on sticky, and a little thick, but I get a tingly stinging feeling, and I know it's working. My skin is radiant,smooth and glowing from using this. I am alternating nights with this and my greencream, and am starting to also feel this is doing more for me than the greencream.Packaging is great..and I truly have no complaints..love this product!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by baxter01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love what this does for my face. It goes on a bit sticky and does sting a little but in the morning my skin is super soft. The package is a nice glass pump bottle. I have oily skin and this does not break me out.

EDIT: I have since found a much better treatment that doesn't sting so I am lowering the rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2005 10:29:00 PM More reviews by menina77

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Painful but effective if done once or twice a week. But not more than that or your face will feel RAW like when you have been kissing your unshaven boyfriend for too long RAW.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 6:47:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I was sold on this product after receiving a sample in the mail from DHC. I love this line so much that I've started to get obsessive over it; I've been thrilled with almost all of their products and this one is no exception. I have oily/acne-prone skin and DHC's products have left it amazingly clear, I use this product at night and I wake up with beautiful skin. This cream feels heavy and almost pore-clogging going on, but it really doesn't clog my pores and has not broken me out at all! My skin looks so radiant and healthy now, and my skin has evened out so much better than when I used Green Cream. I'm going to switch to this instead!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2005 1:59:00 AM More reviews by vanbergc

LOVE this product! I haven't been using it that long, but my skin loves it. I normally use a glycolic acid in the pm underneath my Green Cream, but I've been alternating with this Lactic Acid "milk", and it's working well. My skin gets a little stingy with this, but then it settles down and it looks healthy and toned in the morning. I think lactic acid is perfect for me. The AHA cream is suitably moisturizing too.