September 1, 2014 | 1923 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator in Bare Light ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 10:59:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

"Bare Light" is that odd peach-colored, faux-flesh color that cosmetics manufacturers think is actually the color of a significant population of the world, but I digress. It'd probably work for most LLLs and MMMs since this is an illuminating lotion and not a foundation (I am a LLL-MMM/AAB by the way). There are also tiny gold sparkles in this that are only visible up-close. A squirt of this mixed with your foundation (be warned: it will lighten the shade somewhat) or daily moisturizer will help subtly spruce up your complexion. The oily should perhaps stay away (or go with the powder version) as this gives a dewy look that may look greasy on some. Personally, I only use it on my cheeks and around my eyes and avoid the T-zone area altogether (I have combination skin). Makes me look bright and healthy, somehow. Feels a little greasy upon first application but doesn't make me oilier than usual. Does not rub off and the color doesn't do strange things after a few hours.

I do despise the packaging (an unholy combination of squeeze tube and pump that is just so unwieldy and messy) with all my soul, but I can deal with it. There's also a fairly strong fragrance that is not entirely unpleasant, but eerily familiar. I've been going slightly batty trying to figure out what it is--I'll update when I figure that out. It's not cheap at almost 12 USD, but you do get scads of product. Overall, this is a rather nice product and I would repurchase.
    continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2005 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Iseult6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My oily skin tends to shine on its own right, no matter what I try to do with it... But for the heck of it, I thought I'd try this highlighter powder, having never tried anything like this before. I was surprised to find out that my face can shine in a nice way! I brush it on my cheekbones, temples, sometimes also the bridge of my nose and on my chin. Makes my just-applied powdered foundation look so much softer and sheerer. The colour is great too, I'm a PPP/LLL with cool undertones and it looks very subtle. I might get another pot in Natural Light, for variety. Not that this is ever going to run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by blumoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Me: Olive NC30

You get a ton of product for a good price. I use it on the bridge of my nose and cheeks, and sometimes sweep across my lid to brighten my eyes. Love the wonderful smell also. I'd definately repurchase but I don't think I'll ever run out! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2005 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Spendydoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the powder version of this, and it is just amazing!!!!!!! It is the best highlighter I have ever used. I usually dust this over my face after I've finished applying all my makeup, and it just gives me such a lovely healthy glow! This is such a staple, I am so pleased I found this. There really isn't any need to try higher end brands, this stuff rocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2005 9:30:00 PM More reviews by goldenina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS PRODUCT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by insertcornynamehere

Seriously, what's not to love about this? It has spf, it makes ur skin look fab, and it's not as expensive as chanel illuminators. it's one of those excellent drugstore finds. I do wish that the pump wasn't on the bottom...and was on the top instead.....But other than that, it's perfect! I use warm light when I get tanned...and I wear this under foundation or alone. When I wear this, I get craploads of compliments.... where would I be without this?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2005 8:57:00 PM More reviews by MistDru

I love this stuff, and use it everywhere: brow bone, cheekbones, inside corner of the eyes, collarbone, I've even used it on my lips with clear gloss over it! It smells great, comes in a nice hard tube (no breaking!), and one tube lasts ages! A staple, especially for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by RutgersGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great luminizer. I mix 1 part this to 2 parts diorskin fluide foundation, and my face get the perfect amount of dewy-ness. I actually prefer this to my Becca SSP in pearl! You can use this over cheekbones as well to give a nice glow (although I tend to use powders and highbeam for that) It's also very cheap and will last very long because you only need a little bit each time. The shade warm light is also great to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2005 6:36:00 PM More reviews by gracegrace9

Wow - I must be paying too much for my cosmetics. I find this to be a great, inexpensive highlighter. I use across the bridge of my nose, around my eyes and on top of cheekbones, and up to my temples for a nice, bright, shimmer; mostly, for night. The shimmer looks pinkish to me, on my skin, and is brightening but not glittery-looking. I typically use the included brush so that I don't get shimmer on my regular powder brush... and I, personally, like the brush and packaging generally. One lippie taken off because sometimes I suspect this product of triggering breakouts -- I'll update if I can narrow down that suspicion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2005 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Dazza

I received this in a swap recently and WOW - I can't believe how much I like this stuff based on just one day of owning/using it. It gives the perfect amount of glow that is easy for you to manipulate, depending on how much you want to use. It has slight gold undertones and definitely achieves the dewy look. Definitely subtle and light. The packaging kind of bothers me, though. Way too bulky to be carried in a makeup purse. I like this stuff - I would buy if I ever run out.