Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-colored Pressed Powder Translucent

3.7

on 8/25/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is very ehh. It kind of leaves a whitish cast on my face, even though I don't use very much of it at all. Its coverage is alright. I don't use the little sponge/puff it comes it, but with a powder brush. I used it very occassionally, on days when I don't feel like wearing makeup, I just dust a lil bit of this all over. I stopped using it when all the powder broke into lil pieces, so now it's just sitting on my shelf. I wouldn't buy this again because it didn't have the best coverage, and it didn't wow me in any way.

on 8/1/2009 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
*Gives me a tan glowy look that i get compliments on.
*Doesnt make my face look chalky
*Doesnt break my acne prone skin out
*Evens up my complexion
*Doesnt show flakes

Cons:
*Have to keep reapplying
*Oil comes through easily
*Not long lasting

Bottom Line: I will keep repurchasing this because it doesnt make me break out but i think people with VERY oily skin should look for something that works longer throught out the day but after i use this i get compliments on my tan (Which i dont have but this powder gives me).
Overall its a decent powder and should be given a chance.

on 7/26/2009 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this powder, many translucent powders say they are translucent but seem to leave behind some white. This doesn't have any color to it but it sets my makeup very well so it doesn't slide off. I also love it because it doesn't have any fall out like many powders do. I bought this at Walgreens for about $3.50 on clearance so I am not sure if it is being discontinued or Walgreens is just not going to sell it anymore. All in all it is a really good setting powder, and I really like it.

on 6/20/2009 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got the multi-colored highlighter. I wanted something to highlight my face. It doesn't really do anything. It just blends it to my skin, and leaves sort of a chalky film on my face. I don't really like powders though in general that have talc in them because they make my face look dry looking.

on 3/9/2009 10:17:00 PM

This stuff breaks too easy and the packaging's clunky. The product is too yellow for my skin, and that's lame. That being said, its good at setting foundation and you're more likely to break out wearing nothing than you are wearing this.

on 2/26/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Physician's Formula products are some of the best drugstore cosmetics I've tried. Initially I was using Mineral Wear loose powder, but rushing from school to work I didn't have time to fiddle with the complicated packaging it came in. I bought this thinking it could work like a foundation, and surprisingly for a powder it offered quite a bit of coverage. I have a lot of redness and post-acne marks on my skin and most foundations can't tackle the task of hiding them, and I don't like wearing a concealer, foundation and powder. I need a quick routiene in the morning, so this worked well for me. It is by no means a heavy coverage formula, but applying with a damp sponge will give light/medium coverage for minor imperfections. I like that it's a blend of multiple colors, including a pearly white, to give your skin a healthy glow. Overall I wouldn't repurchase this particular powder, but I definitely will be trying more of the PP line.

on 2/6/2009 11:01:00 AM

Felt like cardboard on me skin. My face was taught and had a white mask. I could not believe how rough it went against my skin. Don't these guys test this stuff? Back to CVS it went.

on 2/5/2009 9:41:00 PM

I LOVE this powder. I have been using it for a few years now, and everytime i try a new product, i always come back to this. I have acne prone skin and i NEED to wear makeup to cover up imperfections. I used to be a liquid foundation girl, so when i first heard about it, i was very reluctant to give it up, but now i only use a bit of concealer and this powder and it makes my face look perfect.

If I had to pick a fault with it, its the fact it isnt long lasting. You do need to reapply through out the day. I work 12 hour shifts, and i hate going to work with a perfect face and by the end of the day looking like crap cos its all gone lol. Reapplying will fix it though, and it doesnt long as its a powder.

The mixed colours work really well together and it looks more natural than other powders which make you look monotone or pale, this just looks translucent but actually covers imperfections.

I suggest this product used with concealer, HG!

I have very pale skin, so translucent would suit other fair skinned people. I tried it in beige and it was way too dark. I dont find it chalky at all. I agree with the comments about the annoying flipping of the mirror underneath the powder, but to be honest i never use it, i always apply it infront of my mirror at home, or in the ladies room, or wherever I happen to be, so it doesnt bother me.

Once again, use this if you have fair skin tone, and does work well combined with a concealer. If it can hide my old acne scars, it will hide any minor imperfections easily.

I have this in "Translucent", and it's just that, it goes on very sheer (which I like), and takes away shine without looking powdery. I don't care for the packaging, I prefer a traditional compact style. This doesn't keep shine at bay for very long at all, and for the price, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. For less than $3, I can get N.Y.C.'s translucent pressed powder, which is also non-comedogenic, and the finish is exactly the same, but with better oil control, so I most likely will not repurchase this. Decent powder, better than a lot I've tried, but still not amazing.

on 8/3/2008 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

nothing terrible about it, but nothing particularly stunning about it either...just kind of a product that does what it's meant to do and that's it...coverage is pretty sheer, (got it in beige btw), but the intonation of colours works well together so i can adjust accordingly to my own shade. does seem to wash me out a bit if i apply too much, but workable. the powder is quite fine, could improve a lot oil-controlling-wise. the compact is pretty cute once you get over the inconvenience (powder on top, mirror underneath and compartment for puff underneath that) forget about the puff and use a brush for best application, though handy for touchups throughout the day. an average product, will not repurchase
EDIT: after the purchase of my MAC 187, i dug this out from the bottom of my drawer and tried applying with the 187 brush. no more chalky finish! it applies quite well as a matter of factly and im trying to use it up again.