December 21, 2014 | 1892 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sea Vegetable Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Great soap. Smells like lime and salt. Some people have trouble with the top part coming off with the salt and seaweed, but I haven't. Overall, one of my more favorite soaps.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ampcuenca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this soap. I would describe it as a clear, sorta jelly-like blue-green bar with chunks of seaweed and sea salt on the top side. It has an invigorating smell of the sea making my shower time more refreshing and enjoyable. However, it doesn't lather very well & melts very quickly. And once the seaweed & salts are gone, there's not much use for this soap anymore. Also, the scent doesn't have much staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Thena

This seems to be discontinued as it is not showing up on the soap page of Lush Canada or USA. Fine with me because this soap does nothing for me. I bought it because I like the smell of lavender, lime, and the sea, but it didn't end up that way when i brought it home. It is always difficult to smell Lush products in the store. The smell is just soapy and floral, not interesting or pleasant or bad. I use it as a hand soap because I don't want to use this for my body. I think i may have had a bad bar any way as mine is a very deep blue black rather than the ice blue in some of the photos of it. It doesn't lather very well either or seem to be particularly moisturizing. I am disappointed because I have liked Lush's other soap such as Honey I washed the kids. I am now buying my soaps from smaller producers who make soaps of better quality at around the same prices.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

eh....doesnt lather at all and barely smells. its a dud for me. i like lush body products but this was the first soap of theirs ive tried. maybe i will have luck with other ones. they are a cruelty free company and carry many vegan items.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this soap for my mom, because she loves Yves Rocher products and so I figured an organic soap would be great for her. She loved the smell, the look, the packaging, etc. But from using it she got irritated and her skin itched all over her body. Maybe these products are too organic? She's not atypically sensitive.
I haven't tried them because the solid look does not buy me off, I have doubt that actual natural basic soap can actually be moisturizing and after she complained about the rash thing I was really not curious about trying them at all.
I love LUSH policy and how they offer discount for recycled bags though. This is why I gave it a 4 for packaging but the product itself.. hm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wish LUSH would switch back to the old soap formula as the new one is sub-par. With that said...

I really like the fresh limey-lavender sea smell. I definately pick up a touch of seaweed smell but I live on an Island so maybe I am used to it. The colour is gorgeous!!! I find it does not lather well (could be the new base) at all unless I am using really hot water to 'melt it'. If they switch the formula back to the old one I would probably pick up another bar. Until then, this is a no repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by wotstaters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This almost smells like the ocean, but I don't like it. It doesn't lather well and the smell doesn't last. I just use it as a hand soap now.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Sailormoon999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not know if I like this or not, it held up pretty well in the bathroom, did no melt as fast as other Lush soaps, has a faint lavender smell to it. I did not really smell any "Ocean" in mine. I cut a piece of it to use in my shower and a tiny chunk of seaweed came off the top, BUT once I had it wet and used it, the seaweed top held on pretty well. Made my skin squeaky clean, not a bad soap, but if you have dry skin, use only once or twice a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This is a really nice soap, it smells like the ocean mixed with a bit of man's body wash. It does not smell like rotting dead fish, there is seaweed, but it is there more for exfoliating and it doesn't leave you smelling like seaweed. The only thing I don't like is cleaning pieces of seaweed out of the bottom of my shower. The 3.5 oz piece lasts me months, I slice em' up and store them in zip lock bags in my "Box of Lush" to keep them from drying out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Haters to the left!! This stuff has got a really subtle, clean smell that's sort of halfway between the smell of the ocean and the smell of a man's deodorant (but souped way down). Definitely does NOT smell like dead fish or rotten seaweed or whatever else. It does have some seaweed in it, but even so, it doesn't smell like rotten anything, and the smell definitely isn't overpowering. Matter of fact, it's one of the most *un*-scented LUSH products I've ever seen or used.

The soap makes my skin feel wonderful. I used it all over my body, face included, and I love it. I have oily skin on my face and the trunk of my body, and it made my skin feel nice and soft and de-greased without feeling overly dry. It is a tiny bit drying on arms\legs, but not detrimentally or significantly so.

Bottom line - great for oily skin, great for people who want to have some fun with LUSH products sans the uber-girly smells, and if it didn't leave pieces of seaweed in my bathtub, it woulda got five lippies instead of four.