December 18, 2014 | 1637 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is so sensitive and everytime I removed my eye makeup with drugstore cotton pads I ended up with bright red rings around my entire eye area. I wasn't scrubbing at my eyes or anything, even the lightest touch with regular cotton was just painful and felt too rough. I use a Shu cleansing oil a lot but when I want to use my Cle de Peau remover (which I love) it was just wasted on those pads.

I can't believe it took me so long to discover these. I can't do without them now and they're a staple in my skincare routine. They're soft, durable, thick, and like others have mentioned, they really help reduce product waste. I use about half the amount of makeup remover with these cottons than I did with regular cotton. Also I was going through four or five of the regular cottons because they just don't hold up well with rubbing etc., so they were getting wasted as well. I only need one of these cottons for both eyes and the occasional lipstick/lipgloss removal.

These have made a remarkable difference for me. I no longer have redness or stinging around my eyes, and I don't have to repurchase my expensive makeup removers as often. They're expensive considering it's a disposable facial cotton but for me they're worth every penny just so I don't have to dread removing my makeup every night. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Twinkz2Winkz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's well worth the $11 (price at Shoppers Drug Mart) for a bag. It doesn't leave any lint behind and does not waste product at all. It also holds the toner well within it's cotton square, so that when you apply it to your face, you pretty much get amount of toner you originally applied onto the cotton.

It's a little pricey for cotton squares but in the long run you save money on a (possibly more) expensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do your face a favour and try these cotton pads. The price makes one a bit wary, but since purchasing a pack, I'm pretty much a convert. In addition to being more effective than the average drugstore variety, it has a luxurious feel to its softness that I've not encountered with another brand. Not to be crass, but it's like the difference between single and multi-ply toilet paper! Your skin is sensitive and as it's constantly exposed to an arsenal of beauty products, it makes sense to treat it GENTLY when you're taking off the day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Simple product but these cotton squares are awesome. If you use cotton balls or pads in your skincare routine at all, you should try these at least once. Almost no product gets wasted- it all ends up on the skin instead of soaked up into the cotton. So even though these cotton squares are expensive ($9.50 at Sephora) they end up saving you a fortune in the long run because you're using so much less of your liquid products. One package of 165 lasts forever too, you get a lot for your $9.50- and they're softer than soft, absolutely luxurious.
My only complaint about this product is the packaging, it's a soft plastic bag without any type of ziploc closure. It's incredibly basic, I wish they'd come up with a more elegant solution. But all in all, I LOVE this product- would repurchase again and again!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by DinaC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These cotton squares cost way more than the ones you can buy in the drugstore, but they are worth it. The cotton is extremely fine and incredibly soft. If your skin is sore or sensitive, you'll feel the difference immediately. I use a retin-A product that sometimes makes my skin feel tender, so the extra softness of these cotton squares is great. Also, the cotton squares absorb liquid products like toner easily and transfer it to your skin without any rubbing or tugging. The cotton squares come in a plastic wrap that keeps them clean and dry. Extra tip: The Container Store sells a lucite box that is the perfect size to hold a stack of these squares on your bathroom counter or in your cabinet.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best cotton ever. It doesn't soak up all my expensive product, leaving plenty for my face: what used to require two to three pumps of Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water to saturate a cheaper pad now only takes a single pump, saving me more than the difference in price between drugstore and department store pads. Shiseido cotton is incredibly soft, too, it doesn't at all lint or fuzz. You can also separate the pad into as many layers as you'd like, and each package contains more than 150 pads. My sole gripe is the packaging. I wish that there was a better way to open the bag and remove pads; this will not keep me from repurchasing, however.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I realize that spending $9 on cotton pads seems insane, but I find that in the end the cheap ones cost me just as much. I often use three cheap pads to take off nail polish, but I only use one of these. I can put a small amount of toner on one pad and clean my whole face without it becoming dry or falling apart.

What really sold me on these was that I can take off eye makeup without leaving my eyelids red and swollen. I use to go to bed with panda eyes because rubbing my eyelids with rougher cotton pads would cause them to swell badly. I have yet to irritate my eyelids using these.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Mariezy

I imagined the cotton squares to be a bit bigger than they were (about 1 inch by 1 inch), and was disappointed to find that they were so small. Other than that, they were soft like people said they were, and didn't break apart like the $2 packs that I buy at Wal-Mart.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

After all the reviews and people telling me I should try these I finally bought some while in Sephora a couple months ago. I will say that this facial cotton is the softest makeup removing pad to ever go near my eye area. I think my eye area will thank me later. Other brands and cotton balls/pads are rough and tough on my sensitive skin. I will buy these over and over again. I usually use one side for one eye, the other side for the other eye. These will last you forever. I know some people say they cut them in half. Do your eyes/face a favor and get these if you have sensitive skin or have been on the fence. Def. worth the $10.00 (:

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are my favourite cotton pads to remove makeup and wash my face. They are a little pricier than other brands at $9 a pack, but they are so much softer. It doesn't aggravate my sensitive, redness-prone skin. The pack lasts a long time too.