October 22, 2014 | 960 users online

Nails - Zoya - Remove + Nail Polish Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by subtleclues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product on accident. I was grocery shopping, probably at Whole Foods, and needed remover so I just grabbed whatever I could I find. I did think it was expensive at the time. However, after using this consistently I find it so much better than regular store polish. I love the packaging and how it isn't harsh on my nails or fingers. I also use it to clean my nails before painting. I just ran out and bought a 32oz refill bottle for less than $30 on Amazon. I won't be going back to generic remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

I recently started going on a manicure kick this year, and I would use pure acetone to quickly remove polish.. probably after about 5x of this, my nails started peeling! I had never experienced that in my life.. the tips were seperating and peeling in layers (though I've always had thin, bendy weak nails.. but not peeling!).

After perusing the nail boards, sounds like pure acetone could do this.. so after chopping off all my tips.. and using the Zoya Remove now for the past few mani's, I don't see this happening anymore. Definitely the Remove isn't as quick as pure acetone, but anything is better than peeling nails!!!

I've been cutting in some acetone and glycerine, and when my mini Remove bottle is empty, I'm going to do the DIY version you see on the net and try that next.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

Sorry, I don't understand the fuss - it doesn't take off my polish any more easily than any other remover. Actually, SH Maximum Strength works much more quickly (although I just use pure acetone anyway). Zoya keeps sending me sample bottles of this with my orders (thanks anyway, Zoya), so I use it as prep; in this capacity, it's again in no way superior to pure acetone or SHMS. The lavender scent gets annoying in a hurry. It's less drying than acetone, certainly, but in no way superior to the SH in that respect. There's no way I'd pay US$25 for the 32 oz. bottle of this when I can get acetone for half as much and use much less. If you really want something gentler than pure acetone, I find this to be very similar to the SH Maximum Strength - the SH has a bit less of a slip and moisturizing feel, and a less "true" and lighter lavender scent, but there's that huge price gulf to consider.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Stationary

Some background: I have used a lot of nail polish removers and I change my nail polish at least once a week, I also use all types of nail polish including hard to remove glitters and darker colours and multiple layers of nail polish designs. I also don't have particularly strong nails, not weak either, quite normal.

I have had a bottle of the Zoya Remove+ for awhile now, maybe half a year, and it's about half way gone. This is my go to nail polish remover at the moment because of it's packaging and how well it takes off the polish, I do use this with pieces of white felt so I'm not sure how well it goes with cotton. This is pretty good, I think it's decently priced for what it does, definitely much better than the really cheap drug store ones that seem to destroy my nails all the time and not too expensive considering how long it's lasted me without needing a refill. It takes of glitter polish with a little bit of effort, and normal polish without any effort.

Some cons about this and why I only gave it 4 lippies is that for darker colours I find that there is some residual colour left on my nails especially for deep reds and deep blues and this is not due to the nail polish or base coat I'm using as it does this with every single dark colour I have. Also, if I do my nails a lot one week and use it more than once a week, I do notice my nails peeling a little bit from the tip and that bothers me a lot considering how it's supposed to be a gentle mild-acetone formula, I did not find this happening with other nail polish removers and I'm not sure if it's due to the usage or just my nails.

Overall, if you're looking for a nail polish remover that is decent, this is good for it's simple and clean packaging, very little product is wasted!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg, best nail polish remover. Pricy yes but i always buy it from Ulta and i almost always have a coupon. Worth every single penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never had an issue with cracking, peeling, or splitting nails until I had kids and got into my 30's. With age, responsibilities, and more housework, my nails started peeling and splitting really bad, cutting them short didn't help because they'd start to peel further back, making my nails weaker than ever. I couldn't even maintain 1 mm of length. I bounced back from acetone to non-acetone nail polish removers, nail strengtheners, vitamins, and hand cremes. At one time I even spent 20 bucks on a nail strengthener/treatment from Butter London that didn't do anything for me. For awhile I stopped painting my nails but I never gave up the addiction to buy nail polish. As Zoya's Ornate collection came around, I really wanted to try out their holographic polishes and with that order came a free sample of their nail polish remover. My nails literally changed course in 3 days. The first time I used it, I could tell there was a massive difference in the way my nails looked and felt. It was like giving water to a dried up plant on the verge of dying. I've now been using this remover for two weeks almost everyday and on my right hand, the index and middle finger were the worst and they've grown out a mm without any peeling, cracking, or splitting. All my nails are at an even length which was so frustrating to achieve before. They are definitely stronger and healthier looking just like they were when I was a teenager. I never paid more than $3 for nail polish remover in my life because in my mind I always thought they're all the same, and while to some people Zoya's price point may seem like frivolous spending, but when you take into account all the nail treatments you may be spending your money on, you could just invest in quality polish remover and an inexpensive base nail polish treatment. I always did it the other way around, going with the cheapest nail polish remover and expensive treatments. Now I'm just using Nail Aid collagen builder which was 4 bucks from wal-mart and Zoya's +.
In conclusion, I'd highly recommend this remover before you invest in an expensive nail care regime because as I've learned the hard way, strengthening nail polishes and the like won't make a difference if your remover is crap.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great polish remover! I received a free 2 oz. sample with my last Zoya order and, to be honest, I didn't have any really high expectations for it since it is "just" polish remover. I was wrong. Zoya has found a way to make a polish remover that is fast and effective. I love that it doesn't smear my polish all over my fingers as I'm removing it, like other removers do. An added plus is that it conditions nails and preps them for the application (and longer wear) of polish. As for the smell that some reviewers complained about, I don't have an issue with the scent. I don't find it strong, nor do I find it offensive. Yes, it's a bit pricey for nail polish remover but, then again, it's not just any nail polish remover. I'm a fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by breakfasting

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great polish remover! Thorough and efficient are words I'd use to describe this product. The packaging is brilliant, it's almost impossible to spill, dispenses the perfect amount of product, and keeps acetone fumes from leaking out and giving me a headache while I'm taking off my polish. The smell is even vaguely pleasant as far as nail polish removers go. One word of advice: remember to lock the dispenser closed before snapping the lid shut or you'll squirt it all over your hand. I did say it was ALMOST impossible to spill.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by MandyLeigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not too big of a fan of Zoya polishes but I did end up paying for the little pump of the stuff becuase I heard how great it was and wanted to try it. First, the pump is very well made. I've refilled it over and over and the lid and pump work great.

For the product, I loved it so much that when the huge bottles went on a BOGO, I bought two of them. Now $50 for polish remover may seem crazy for just one person but getting two huge bottles of this product for free was worth it. I have enough to last me a lifetime and I've got people asking if they can have some too. This allows me to share.

I do think it is a great thing to use prior to applying your base coat. It does prepare your nail bed with out being abusive to your skin. You won't get a sticky feeling either but I do recommend a good rinse if you have just removed polish or you will.

The smell: For me, I felt like it was not as strong smelling as the non-acetone products I've tried before however it's still a polish remover. I wouldn't recommend using it and keeping it shut up in a room. (I've done this before! lol) unless you have a covered can. It will linger. I dump my cotton into the kitchen garbage when I am done since that one is covered.

Another thing I found valuable is if I get a polish that has been dirtied by say another polish breaking or simply becuase it sat around a salon for so long, this does not remove the paint on the bottle that was meant to stay. It does not leave a sticky residue either. It cleans up the lids beautifully and it does a pretty decent job on glitter. Careful on the bottom labels, use too much and it will remove ink.

Like I said earlier the price is a little spendy but for the amount in get in the largest bottles (25$ each) it will take you a long way and give you more benefits then most. Especially when you do catch it on a BOGO. I would gladly do that again and continue to refill my pump bottle and anyone else around me who needs some too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Shekthecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worked wonderfully as a remover, but the scent is evil. I had tossed the cotton that I used into my bedside wastebasket and I swear the scent lingered all night and woke me up more than once. May look into Loodie's recipe.