October 24, 2014 | 1715 users online

Moisturizers - Neostrata - Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by teago

Would I buy this product again? over and over!
I use this of a night, have been for about 6 weeks and its the best. My skin just keeps getting better and better.
I havent broken out...my pores are looking more refined...

I began using this cream slowly, every 2nd night, and then after a week I started using it every night and Ive never become irritated or flaky because of it. I believe if you keep the rest of your routine simple, your skin wont become irritated, it will thank you! not over night, but you will realise after a month or two!

ETA: My skin needed a break from this after going through 2 tubes. its faded my acne scars which was the whole point of using it. Im still young so dont want to overload my skin. If I start breaking out horribly again, I would turn towards this product immediately!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by nicola1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the first time in my life I developed acne prone skin at the age of 29! I spent a fortune on different cleansers and moisturisers, started with drugstore brands and then moved onto brands like dermological and karin herzog, they did help keep it under control but didn't actually help to clear it, then I stumbled across MUA alley and then across this NeoStrata product, and it has saved my life!!!!
After using it for a week just before i went to bed my skin felt the smoothest it has ever felt, after 2 weeks I started using it morning and night and after about 3-4 weeks my skin is almost clear, i do still get the occasional breakout but they clear within days.
I can't really say enough about this product, I never thought my skin would look so good again, all I can say is that if you suffer from acne you MUST try this product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by mqasimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

have been using this product for about 2 weeks but i have small bumps on my face i do not know if this is the purging phase? has anyone else experienced this? I dont know if this has been common with the other users

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by cwojciech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally don't write reviews but I have to let you know that this has been my HG for the past TEN years!!! I am 38 years old and often get mistaken for someone in my 20's all the time. My face is as smooth as a baby's bum. I wear very minimal foundation. The one time I strayed from this product (had a baby and didn't have time to take care of myself) my face broke out and looked terrible. Never again will I stray. Fantastic product!!!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by maudelynn

This product is my HG for break outs. It keeps my skin smooth, clear and helps immensely with dark spots. I stopped using it (silly me) when I was lured away by fancier products with flowery smells and regretted it. I went back to using this in conjunction with the Anti-bacterial wash & the eye cream. My skin looks so much better, again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by chyyanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This HG for me... I've used it for almost a year now and I've only good results. No breakouts anymore. Pores are more refined and fine lines are not so obvious anymore. I usually use it only at night but if I'm staying indoors the whole day I'll use it day time too. Iit does gives the face an oily sheen but it's nothing a blotting sheet can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the Smoothing Cream Level 3 along with the Peeling Solution to help combat my acne. It is doing wonders to help clear up my face, however my forehead does not seem to be affected by these products. I love the consistency of this cream - it is not too heavy for summer, will probably be fine for winter (I like my face creams/lotions to be good year round, as my skin is fickle and hates having to adjust, and readjust as the seasons go by). A little of this product goes a long way because it is just so smooth and spreads so easily. My face feels properly moisturized and is so smooth. My face doesn't seem to be getting oily by 10 AM, so I believe that this cream has contributed to help keep oiliness at bay. Overall a very good product, and I will continue to use it nightly (I used it day and night for 10 days straight). I will be repurchasing this once I am done this jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sweetbeautiful

This product is amazing! It has worked miracles. My skin is now so soft it has cleared up all the bumps on my cheeks and I hardly ever break out anymore. I have had this product for like 4 months now and there is still lots of product left in the bottle, it lasts for ages! The only annoying thing about this product is that the packaging is really bad.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by junerose000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because I am pretty sensitive to glycolic acid, but love the smoothness and exfoliation that it gives, I use this as a mask once a week. I smooth it on my skin and let it sit for about 20 minutes, after which I rinse, pat dry, and then follow up with Fresh's Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask to soothe my irritated skin. The end result is nice, smooth, hydrated skin. This might not work for everyone, so try with caution if you are sensitive to glycolic acid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

This is a great 10% AHA cream (note NOT a moisturizer its a treatment cream) This will dry your skin out after a couple of days. This gives me blackheads after awhile (my skin develops blackheads if my skin gets too dry). So I have to wear a moisturizer over the top of this. This makes my skin so clear and smooth. BUT it's not great for me and my routine. At night I like to use cleanser- toner- serum- then this product, then a moisturizer over the top, it's too much!!!! I then looked around and found the Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic acid moisturizer. It is perfect, gives me the same results and is moisturizing enough to wear over my toner and serum. So I won't buy this again. But it works wonderfully.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No