September 18, 2014 | 1813 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Donovan

First of all, I think all BBW lotions are mediocre for moisturising purposes, and when I purchase them, it is for the scent above all else. Despite being unimpressed with the glue-like scent in the store, I bought it because I thought maybe once its on it would change with your bodies natural scent, and, I'd read many positive things about it. I hate it. It doesn't smell like vanilla at all, especially when in comparison with the seasonal Vanilla Bean Noel (which is fantastic). The only reason I gave it a score of 1 is because though its mediocre for lotion purposes, I used it as a foot lotion, and it is rather cheap to buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I m sorry, but this lotion reminded me of Elmer’s Glue and vanilla extract—not a good mix. It smelled nice after a few minutes went by, but the initial application just assaulted my nose. I will give it points for good moisturizing capabilities, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite scent of all the products! I have a big one at my house and a little one at my purse. I always have one on hand, it's my fav!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath and Body Work's Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion has a pretty descriptive name. I purchased my 3 fl oz bottle for $3.33 on a 3 for $10 deal. This scent received the most votes in my poll for which lotion I would review first.
Packaging is the usual, curvy Bath and Body Works bottle, brown, with a brown plastic cap. The label is fairly appealing, featuring a neutral toned, wavy design.
The formula is also Bath and Body Works standard. White, smooth texture, medium thickness.
The scent is pretty much straight up vanilla with just a hint of brown sugar or cinnamon, and not much else. Simple. Warm Vanilla Sugar, as the name implies, has a soft warmth and sweetness to it. The scent shouts "I'm a teenage girl!". Nothing unique or exciting, but not particularly boring or forgettable either. After a few minutes of dry down, the smell gets a little more sugary and sweet, but not overly so.
Lasting time for both scent and moisture is about 2 hours before I feel the need to reapply. Like many heavily scented lotions and creams, Warm Vanilla Sugar can make my hands feel dry or stiff. This lotion isn't particularly moisturizing, but it does make my skin feel soft and smooth. The softness doesn't last all that long, so I assume this lotion doesn't really condition or nourish my skin. This lotion contains vitamin E, jojoba oil, and shea butter, but not enough to make a real difference in my skin. They're about half way down the list of ingredients, so there probably isn't that much in the lotion anyway.
To sum up, this is an ok scented lotion. The scent isn't unique in anyway, but it's certainly one of the better vanilla scents I've used. It's much better than Avon's Vanilla scent. Some may consider the scent a little bit juvenile though, due to its sugary sweetness. It's affordable if you get it at a sale price. I find a 3 fl oz travel size bottle is enough to last me a couple weeks. I probably won't repurchase this product, but its not a buy I regret.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this scent line. I have the shower gel, body lotion and body spray. It's such a warm vanilla as the name suggests. It's not overly sweet, or fake smelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by OpiJunkie101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

My friend has this fragrance & I'm obsessed with it! This is really good for all ages!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I actually really enjoy these body lotions
They are so lightweight and easily absorb into the skin
No greasy feeling, residue, and provides a subtle sheen to the skin that goes away later on
It smells very sweet and a classic vanilla scent with a twist.
Not for deep moisture into the skin, but a good everyday body lotion
I would repurchase these body lotions again, but I would try out some of the other scents!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by SmallerFries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love vanilla, it is one of my all time favorite scents and this scent does not disappoint. It is more of a fall and winter scent because in the summer it can be a bit cloying and sweet when mixed with the heat. The lotion has great staying power especially when combined with the body spray and has such a warm and inviting scent. B&BW tends to go through different vanilla scents quickly, but I am happy that this one is still around as it is classic. I always have some on hand, it really is a great vanilla scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love Warm Vanilla Sugar. They did change the scent a bit, but it still smells delicious to me.

I recommend and I use this as a base scent because of the strong sugar/vanilla notes and I find it goes great almost all scents.

The scent is more caramelized sugar than vanilla, and it lasts pretty long on my skin. It is a warm comforting gourmet scent and I think it is perfect year round.

The body lotion is always moisturising and the packaging is a squeeze type bottle.

I will re-purchase this again and I hope you will purchase it too! A bbw timeless scent. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

i don't know how to describe this other than it's such a sweet romantic smell. I am not a big fan of sweet scent but I adore this a lot, it's always been my favorite and haven't gotten tired of this. I hope that they never discontinue this.