Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

3.8

on 4/11/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this plus their body gel, and it smells great. I am always sniffing my skin after applying it on. My mom thinks I am a lunatic doing that, but I can't resist!!!! This lotion gives me smooth skin, like a baby's butt, and I often inhale it, (I know not right thing to do) but vanilla scents are so irresistible!!! Totally buying again!!!

on 4/11/2012 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The old formula of this lotion is great! It smells very close to the shower gel and spray. The new formula stinks! Literally! It smells like plastic mixed with a very unnatural vanilla. I thought it was just my small travel sized lotion, until my friend had the large lotion and I smelled hers and it was exactly like mine. I hate the new formula! BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

To be honest , there are better lotions out there. For the price, this isn't really worth it. The scent is amazing -- a sugary vanilla glaze, with hints of brown sugar; It's long lasting. But really, the scent is what makes the product. The lotion aspect is average at best. It's light, like most of Bath & Body Works' lotions, and absorbs quickly. However, it doesn't moisturize well; You'll soon feel the lotion wear off. Dry skin won't get a treat from this. Perhaps those with normal skin will like this best, but I don't see it doing much besides being a pretty smelling product. Overall, the quality is cheaper than the price.

on 2/13/2012 6:27:00 AM

First of all, I think all BBW lotions are mediocre for moisturising purposes, and when I purchase them, it is for the scent above all else. Despite being unimpressed with the glue-like scent in the store, I bought it because I thought maybe once its on it would change with your bodies natural scent, and, I'd read many positive things about it. I hate it. It doesn't smell like vanilla at all, especially when in comparison with the seasonal Vanilla Bean Noel (which is fantastic). The only reason I gave it a score of 1 is because though its mediocre for lotion purposes, I used it as a foot lotion, and it is rather cheap to buy.

on 2/9/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I m sorry, but this lotion reminded me of Elmer’s Glue and vanilla extract—not a good mix. It smelled nice after a few minutes went by, but the initial application just assaulted my nose. I will give it points for good moisturizing capabilities, though.

on 12/17/2011 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my favorite scent of all the products! I have a big one at my house and a little one at my purse. I always have one on hand, it's my fav!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath and Body Work's Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion has a pretty descriptive name. I purchased my 3 fl oz bottle for $3.33 on a 3 for $10 deal. This scent received the most votes in my poll for which lotion I would review first.
Packaging is the usual, curvy Bath and Body Works bottle, brown, with a brown plastic cap. The label is fairly appealing, featuring a neutral toned, wavy design.
The formula is also Bath and Body Works standard. White, smooth texture, medium thickness.
The scent is pretty much straight up vanilla with just a hint of brown sugar or cinnamon, and not much else. Simple. Warm Vanilla Sugar, as the name implies, has a soft warmth and sweetness to it. The scent shouts "I'm a teenage girl!". Nothing unique or exciting, but not particularly boring or forgettable either. After a few minutes of dry down, the smell gets a little more sugary and sweet, but not overly so.
Lasting time for both scent and moisture is about 2 hours before I feel the need to reapply. Like many heavily scented lotions and creams, Warm Vanilla Sugar can make my hands feel dry or stiff. This lotion isn't particularly moisturizing, but it does make my skin feel soft and smooth. The softness doesn't last all that long, so I assume this lotion doesn't really condition or nourish my skin. This lotion contains vitamin E, jojoba oil, and shea butter, but not enough to make a real difference in my skin. They're about half way down the list of ingredients, so there probably isn't that much in the lotion anyway.
To sum up, this is an ok scented lotion. The scent isn't unique in anyway, but it's certainly one of the better vanilla scents I've used. It's much better than Avon's Vanilla scent. Some may consider the scent a little bit juvenile though, due to its sugary sweetness. It's affordable if you get it at a sale price. I find a 3 fl oz travel size bottle is enough to last me a couple weeks. I probably won't repurchase this product, but its not a buy I regret.

on 9/27/2011 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this scent line. I have the shower gel, body lotion and body spray. It's such a warm vanilla as the name suggests. It's not overly sweet, or fake smelling.

on 9/27/2011 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

My friend has this fragrance & I'm obsessed with it! This is really good for all ages!

on 9/8/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I actually really enjoy these body lotions
They are so lightweight and easily absorb into the skin
No greasy feeling, residue, and provides a subtle sheen to the skin that goes away later on
It smells very sweet and a classic vanilla scent with a twist.
Not for deep moisture into the skin, but a good everyday body lotion
I would repurchase these body lotions again, but I would try out some of the other scents!