July 29, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by angelia68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a creamy lipstick with a wide ranges of colors. It is long lasting; still there even after a meal. Choose a lighter color because it is quite opaque and can be appear darker after applying it on your lip, unlike other lipsticks such as Revlon Lip butter and Bourjois Rouge Edition, which has a sheer finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by rere111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. I have 3 shades of the creme finish. I plan to buy more. This lipstick doesn't make my lips dry and it has great staying power for a drug-store product. One reviewer below mentioned that she paid 10.49 CAD for these. That is the price of them at shoppers drug mart. Go to wal-mart; they are always 6.97 CAD there! Shoppers' markup is ridiculous! Overall, a wonderful product with lots of shades and finishes to choose from.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the texture of creme finish but I find pearl finish to be drying & tacky looking on me. These last longer than some other high end lippies. Can't go wrong when they are only $7 ♡

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by danaylchan

I love these! I am not going to write on the individual shade review as I currently own 3, Rose wine, Soft Suede and Pink Velvet. They were super cheap where I am, $59 HKD, which is $7 USD, and in my opinion, worth every penny.

I love the texture! It doesn't dry or add moisture and it fades quite gradually, (I don't check every often and only after I eat so, don't trust me on the long lasting-ness). All three of my lipsticks have the 'creme' finish (I think), which is my favourite, but there are other finishes such as the 'pearl' and something else, don't remember. But I adore the creme finish as it gives my face a very polished and put-together look!

However, when I say it doesn't dry me out, I mean it doesn't dry me out with the combination I use on my lips. I have a aloe vera lip balm as base, then the lipstick, and on top of that I have a Max Factor top coat, which gives it a slight gloss, keeps everything in place, and moistures my lips because they dry out super quickly.

They have a great selection of colours and because they were cheap, I bought my 'experimental colour', Rose Wine and Pink Velvet. They look great! And I do not regret at all!

Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Cherries in the Snow and I've gotten many compliments on it! It's super creamy and pigmented and is the perfect shade. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Ashbrown411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unlike the revlon lipbutters which get the product all over the place-it's such a mess, the revlon super lustrous lipsticks provide a great fresh of color and have every shade of color possible any skin one is bound to find a great color specifically for them. A bit pricy at $8-9 at Walgreens but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I love the Revlon SL formula. I think it glides on really smooth. No tugging or anything. So opaque and true to color. I own quite a few but my favorite hands down is Really Red. I have 3 backups of this color because they DCd it to put in newer colors. But its just a great line or lipsticks with soooo many options. Including different colors and finishes. I will be trying some of the newer ones in the near future.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every now and then I branch out to different high end and drugstore brands of lipsticks and glosses but in the end I always go back to Revlon. Even though their Super Lustrous lipsticks are pricey compared to many other drugstore brands (they're ~10.49CAD where I live), they're still cheaper than those in the high end, and yet there is a vast array of hues from every colour family to choose from. It's safe to say that there are reds, pinks, and work-friendly shades for everyone. And of course, as they're from a drugstore brand they're easily accessible.

Most of these lipsticks are well-formulated and apply smoothly to a somewhat glossy finish. One shade I adore is Demure, a light peach-pink with pearl. I'm mostly over my light pink lippy phase, but this one's an exception. I was worried that it would accentuate my dry patches, but it didn't! And I feel that the warm undertone lights up my face. Cherry Blossom is another great pearl shade (though it looks more like a creme)--I picked this up quite recently after hearing about how similar it was to the US-exclusive Cherries in the Snow. The colour can be built up to a full coverage cherry red, though I prefer wearing it sheer as the pink is more evident that way.

One colour that didn't turn out so great, however, was Coralberry. Although very pretty, it clings to every bit of dryness on your lips! Thankfully my lips aren't always chapped but this one I won't be buying it again.

There's also a weak point in the packaging. The design is attractive and classic, and the top of the lid is clear so as to show the colour, which is a plus. Nonetheless, I cannot escape how cheap and flimsy the tube feels--more than once I've had a lid crack, even though I've never been unduly rough with it, and that made me afraid to carry these lipsticks on the go. Recently, though, the packaging has gone through a few changes, and my tube of Cherry Blossom feels a little sturdier at the bottom. I'm wondering if it's just me, but I'll have to see how it fares during its life cycle.

As expected, the bolder shades last longer than the lighter ones, with the former leaving a stained effect on the lips...something I really love!

Flaws aside, there are many reasons to love Super Lustrous. Even after all the exploring, and even though I know I'll stray again, it's sure to remain as one of my favourite lines of lipsticks for their price, shade range, and accessibility, and probably my favourite drugstore brand for lip products of all time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Persila

I got two lipsticks one in nude and one in pink. It was okay but wasn't long lasting so I had to buy Revlon colorstay to wear underneath. They were the first pair of lipsticks I bought and not quite satisfied. They also cracked my lips. Somebody recently gave me a gift of lipstick from Givenchy. Uncomparable. I am sticking to Givenchy !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by msdixiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always had kind of a love/ hate relationship with these. Love the choices-- seriously, if you can't find a shade that suits you, then better stay with Chapstick. And at less than $5 a pop, you can go a little crazy trying new looks. I always thought the coverage and staying power was decent, but HATED the waxy texture and weird taste. But I just purchased a tube of Goldpearl Plum and happily, it seems Revlon has reformulated it. It has absolutely no smell or taste, and seems to go on more smoothly than it used to. I think I'm falling in love again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No