September 1, 2014 | 1938 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Luciel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have a combination, very pale skin with oily T-zone. I have finally found something that works great! It lasts hours and I only use it twice a day. My HG powder, very finely milled, good colour...I recommend this to anybody!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by linbloom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! An absolute must in your inventory. I'm an NC25/30 and I use this to control the shine on my face during those Spring/Summer seasons. I have combination skin, so when my face becomes oily or shiny looking, I just take my oil blot tissue from clean & clear and soak it up FIRST...and then I use my MAC blot pressed powder to take away the shine with a kabuki brush. If I ever go out, I always take my kabuki brush that has a cap on it, and my MAC blot pressed powder. It's really lovely. I would highly suggest this product to anyone. It just gives you a nice matte finish without the shine. I love it. I went with getting a Medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ELLEGIIRL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical of this product at first. In my mind I was thinking "how could a product just take away all your oil magically?" I assumed there would be little piles of white chalky stuff on my face after applying this. I always used MAC's MSF naturals to reapply my makeup, thinking it was good for touchups... but no no no. I was just adding more makeup to my oily face. I was at MAC the other day and I looked super oily, so I was desperate and gave this a try. I loved it! It made my skin look flawless. The SA put it on with a very light touch, and my oil was absorbed immediately. It didn't place a white cast on my face. (but maybe that is because I am a NC 15 - 20 to begin with) I don't think any of the shades put any tint on your face - its like a translucent powder. As long as you apply this with a brush with minimal product and a light hand, your makeup will stay flawless and keep oil at bay :) HG product !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product and a lifesaver in the Alabama heat/humidity. I use it to set my Studiofix powder (C3). Does not oxidize, takes away shine, and is not cakey. Love this and can't live without it. The price is reasonable for a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a perfect color for anyone with 2.5-40 skin tones.

my daughter is the perfect candidate and this is her staple which I use on her and she totes around in her mu bag to University.. it is a perfect cleaner upper and the color is the best for the mid tone beauties.. I use the "Light" and this works for me, but the mid tone skins have a hard time with powder which will pick up their makeup during the day and not leave them with a white cast or oxidize and turn orange on their faces.

love it and highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've rebought this several times over, so I'm surprised that I haven't reviewed this yet. I don't no how anyone can go without this in the summer months. This is my HG powder. This is known as make-up insurance in Texas. If you want your foundation, concealor, blush, and eyeshadow to stay in place and not slide all over your face during our record heat waves, you must top off your make-up with MAC Blot. I use this sometimes over my sunscreen to take away the shine when I going sans make-up to the gym or quick errands. I am quite pale, but I use the Medium shade as this powder runs light and I'm not into the goth/emo look. Unless you're an albino, I'd recommend Medium and up.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by sodagreen

I get oily on my T-zone very easily. This powder sets my foundation well and it absorbs oil like there is no tomorrow! I swear, if I use another loose powder from some other brand, my face will become greasy after an hour or so. But with this powder, it's just THAT amazing! I guess it works well on oily/ combination skin, but for those who have dry skin, this might be too dry for you!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on a whim b/c I wanted to have a "setting" powder for my cream foundation. The SA swore this stuff is the greatest against setting makeup and not looking oily. In the store i tried it on the bridge of my nose and on my tzone. it was super white on me- and she said Medium was my color. WHAT?! It looks like chalk! At $22, I was better off using my L'Oreal bare mineral powder. I returned it the next day. What a waste of money :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by piniee

I agree with wwidgirl on this blot powder. It's the worst powder I've ever used. I'm an NW20, and I was told by the sales person in a MAC counter that this was my shade, she tried it on my face, and it looked okay at the time until I started using it myself.
It's too white against my skin, and VERY DRYING. I've tried to lightly use it on my face with a powder brush in the middle of the day on oily skin, but it instantly dried my skin, and you can see the dry patches very easily.
I decided to use it again a few months after I gave up on it - but it was still just as bad as it was before.
I will never touch the stuff again. (Although saying that, a friend of mine uses this powder in 'dark' and she likes it. Maybe it works well with darker skin?)