Avene Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.9

Water (Aqua), Triethanolamine, Sodium Chloride, Poloxamer 188, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sorbitol.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have super sensitive skin- even brands like Liz Earle make my skin skin and swell and go red so I have been raving about Avene since I discovered the line- as I love the products and they are so kind to my skin.
I have been using L'Oreal Cashmere Milk eye makeup remover until now but I have found it very greasy and makes my eye area sting.
I invested in this (a little expensive at £8 but I believe you get what you pay for where skincare is concerned.)
A little bit of this clear gel on a cotton wool pad removed all my eye makeup (I wear mascara, eyeshadow and eyeliner) in about 4-5 gentle strokes, it really dissolves the mascara well (usually I have to pinch and tug at my eyelashes with tissue to remove last traces, but not with this.
No stinging, no redness. I think the little bottle will last a couple months too- you only need a lil blob for each eye.

on 12/2/2009 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this only once, but it stung my eyes very badly so I'm not going to use it again. :( On the plus side, it did remove my eye makeup (including non waterproof mascara) quite well, although my regular eye makeup remover does a better job. I don't seem to have much luck with gel type eye makeup removers. :(

on 10/25/2009 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a gentle liquid, indeed, but not quite an eye makeup remover. Not even for non waterproof mascara.( though on the bottle is written that it also removes waterproof…)I had to go over and over again over the eyes to remove most of the makeup , so...I think I rather use a regular remover , which will remove mascara in 1-2 motions, rather than 5 times with this and pull my skin like crazy.The packing isn t great either, is t quite difficult to use a proper amount of product.It is a gel, and the bottle isn t very resilient, so It s hard to get it out, because u can t squeeze it.U have to use a lot every time. In conclusion, I think it s a waste of money. Drugstore brands, like L oreal, is 100 % better than this, and much cheaper.

on 6/8/2009 8:59:00 AM

This is an ok eye make-up remover if, like me, you do not use waterproof mascara.
It still only does an average job of removing all of my mascara but because I use a gentle cleanser to wash my face, I can put it on my eyes to get all the make-up off.
Don't waste you money on this.

on 1/5/2009 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This didn't work for me at all, even on non-waterproof mascara and minimal eyeliner. I guess on the plus side it didn't sting my eyes or irritate my eyelids, despite the huge amounts I had to use. I tried it for a couple of nights, but every time I woke up the next morning with huge black circles round my eyes so now it's in the bin. A complete and utter waste of money and time...

on 12/4/2008 11:32:00 AM

The worst- meant to be suitable for sensitive skin but made my eyes sting like mad. Not for me.

on 10/27/2008 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

It's my first eye make-up remover, so I cannot compare it to the others.This make-up remover doesn't irritate my eyes, but it also doesn't remove make-up very well. I do not use waterproof mascaras, but I need to use huge amount of this and scrub a lot to remove ordinary mascaras. It is not expensive, but I won't buy it again. And it comes in the horrible packaging - I can barely squeeze it out of the bottle.

on 4/27/2008 9:07:00 PM

The best way to describe the product is awkward, on all accounts. It's not the cheapest thing on the market, but not going to break your bank either. The product is non-oily, gel-based medium-consistency cloudy liquid that is contained in a virtually impossible to squeeze bottle. Not a good idea considering you generally need to squeeze gel products. Strike one! The remover is not terribly gentle because I believe it stung my eyes a little, which may or may not be attributed to alcohol content. (Um, hello?!) I can't tell because it wasn't terribly irritating, but it was somewhat uncomfortable. Strike two! But the worst thing is that it doesn't remove makeup as effectively as oil-based removers. I have to repeatedly scrub my already abused dark-circled eye area. Soothing it's not, let me tell you. Strike three! For everyday "safe" eye looks, it's not too bad. But try removing mega-60's liquid liner and waterproof tightlining with this thing. Trust me, you'll see it in the morning. I went through a quarter of the bottle, 7 tries, and still ended up looking like a rabied racoon each and every time after rinsing. If you fancy wearing sunglasses indoors (or at least line your eyes everyday), I guess it wouldn't be a problem. I, however, do not.

on 1/30/2008 11:01:00 AM

I love Avene products but I will not buy this again. It doesn't irritate my eyes and is a nice consistency (not too oily), but it doesn't touch waterproof mascara and at 8 quid a bottle, I expected more. Also the hard bottle is a pain in the neck as you can't sqeeze it, very dissapointing.

on 12/28/2007 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this because it's thicker, so it doesn't get into my eye. It's very gentle, and very effective at removing eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, shadows).

Makes it a lot easier for me to wash off the rest of my make up too. It's not oily either. Awesome stuff.