July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Avene - Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an ok eye make-up remover if, like me, you do not use waterproof mascara.
It still only does an average job of removing all of my mascara but because I use a gentle cleanser to wash my face, I can put it on my eyes to get all the make-up off.
Don't waste you money on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ribbons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This didn't work for me at all, even on non-waterproof mascara and minimal eyeliner. I guess on the plus side it didn't sting my eyes or irritate my eyelids, despite the huge amounts I had to use. I tried it for a couple of nights, but every time I woke up the next morning with huge black circles round my eyes so now it's in the bin. A complete and utter waste of money and time...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2008 11:32:00 AM More reviews by lammtron

The worst- meant to be suitable for sensitive skin but made my eyes sting like mad. Not for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 4:44:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's my first eye make-up remover, so I cannot compare it to the others.This make-up remover doesn't irritate my eyes, but it also doesn't remove make-up very well. I do not use waterproof mascaras, but I need to use huge amount of this and scrub a lot to remove ordinary mascaras. It is not expensive, but I won't buy it again. And it comes in the horrible packaging - I can barely squeeze it out of the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by cherryglass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best way to describe the product is awkward, on all accounts. It's not the cheapest thing on the market, but not going to break your bank either. The product is non-oily, gel-based medium-consistency cloudy liquid that is contained in a virtually impossible to squeeze bottle. Not a good idea considering you generally need to squeeze gel products. Strike one! The remover is not terribly gentle because I believe it stung my eyes a little, which may or may not be attributed to alcohol content. (Um, hello?!) I can't tell because it wasn't terribly irritating, but it was somewhat uncomfortable. Strike two! But the worst thing is that it doesn't remove makeup as effectively as oil-based removers. I have to repeatedly scrub my already abused dark-circled eye area. Soothing it's not, let me tell you. Strike three! For everyday "safe" eye looks, it's not too bad. But try removing mega-60's liquid liner and waterproof tightlining with this thing. Trust me, you'll see it in the morning. I went through a quarter of the bottle, 7 tries, and still ended up looking like a rabied racoon each and every time after rinsing. If you fancy wearing sunglasses indoors (or at least line your eyes everyday), I guess it wouldn't be a problem. I, however, do not.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by farmermax

I love Avene products but I will not buy this again. It doesn't irritate my eyes and is a nice consistency (not too oily), but it doesn't touch waterproof mascara and at 8 quid a bottle, I expected more. Also the hard bottle is a pain in the neck as you can't sqeeze it, very dissapointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kaori7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this because it's thicker, so it doesn't get into my eye. It's very gentle, and very effective at removing eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, shadows).

Makes it a lot easier for me to wash off the rest of my make up too. It's not oily either. Awesome stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ClaireLily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It's been a struggle to find an effective yet gentle eye makeup remover. I bought this one when I had some irritation on my eyelid as I figured my other remover would be too harsh. I have been completely satisfied with this gel remover and I think it will become my HG from now on. It is very, very gentle on the eyes and eye area. I wear contacts, I frequently have irritation on my lids and my eye area burns and turns red at the drop of a hat but this hasn't caused any trouble at all. At the same time, it is very effective at removing my eye makeup (non waterproof, although I do use Shiseido Mascara Base which is notoriously difficult to remove). The price is also quite reasonable for the quantity of product you get and the overall quality. I'll stick with this one from now on. UPDATE: I ran out of this product very quickly because I had to use a large amount every time in order to effectively remove eye makeup. Because of that, this product is not a good value and I will not repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this a lot. At first I was concerned because it has a slight floral fragrance, but it was not only non-irritating, it was downright soothing. Regular eye makeup comes off very fast with no rubbing. For my waterproof Christian Dior mascara, it takes a little longer and a little more rubbing, but it does take it off -- but to be fair I've had that experience w/ all the brands of eye-makeup remover I've tried. I'm going to stop wearing waterproof because it's too much trouble to get off, but I'm definitely going to buy this again. The price is pretty good too for such a high-quality product. You get a lot and I like the gel formula. I got it in my eyes, but no burning.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2006 4:35:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*PIC* Ehmmmm, this is an ok eye cleanser. I really don't like the bottle as it's stiff and product doesn't come out easily and you can't really squeeze it, so you have to sort of shake it for it to dollop out. It's a clear runny gel, which does stay put when you apply on a cotton pad, so I have to smear it around with my finger tips. It does seem to hydrate the eye area, but i would have to disagree with how gentle it is. It irritates my eyes somewhat, seeing I use a q-tip to get rid of my eye-liner and mascara traces, which means alot of up close and personal contact with my eye, and i can't say it's that gentle, not tragic or anything, but i would prefer it to be more mild. It does get rid of eye-make up rather well, you don't have to tug and pull around the eye area so that's a plus. It's an ok product, i will use it up, but will definitely not re-purchase.

continued >>