November 1, 2014 | 831 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great all around lip pie. Goes with every situation, and pretty much every look. I wore this on my wedding day, I had a MAC Mua get me all pimped out for my special day and I fell in love right away. I have been wearing this go-to shhade every since. Very versatile. Most worn lipstick out of my entire collection. Not quite a match for my lips, that's honey love by Mac, but this takes it up a notch with the perfect amount of sheen. Agree that the texture is strange when you apply it from the tube, but it feels great on.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is about the only pale lipstick that does not wash me out. I won't comment on the colour because hundreds of other posts have done that. What I like about it is the texture. It somehow manages to feel good on my lips while having a slight dryness to it that, I think, gives it good staying power. This does not look or feel glossy, nor is it matte. It's just a great texture and consistency.
If I ever got through the maybe 75 lipsticks I have, I'd repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my go to MLBB (my lips but better) lipstick. For reference, i'm a NC 20 (winter) and NC 25 (summer).
Some people wonder what's so special about this lipstick. Well, IMO it adds the perfect amount of pigmentation to your lips, it's moisturizing, goes on smoothly without lip balm, and just gives that healthy sheen to your lips. it's like bronzer on pale skin. Oh, and btw, i love how i can apply this without a mirror haha!
I've seen posts talking about how it has a weird texture when applying. Yes, it does go on a bit...sandy? wait that's not the word. it goes on a bit rough, as if the surface of the lipstick is not flat. but i promise it does not irritate the lips. you can feel it but it's very creamy and soothing. you see sparkles on the lipstick but no chunkies on your lips after application.

I am always so proud to purchase the viva glam v as im knowing that when i'm looking good, mac is also donating my money :)

Definitely a rec!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Besides midimauve, this is one of my favorite lippies!!! I love this lipstick as an everyday lippie, as well as an "I'm everything you need and more!" lipstick. It looks great with any liner, cork, hodgepodge, plum, etc., or even alone. It's a pinky brown that anyone can wear. It's def worth the splurge, because 100% of the proceeds go to H.IV./AIDS Research. Finally, a lippie anyone can feel proud about.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by sreyes21

I've had this color for a while and I really enjoy it. It is a great everyday medium pink with a goldish-brown undertone. It goes on sheer on the first application but you can definitely build it up. It makes my lips feel moisturized. I like to pair it with Big Baby Plushglass for some added shine and lustre. =]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like this lipstick as an everyday color. Its a good handbag lipstick! I found it when I was looking for a dupe for my HG lipstick Cruising by NARS. Not very similar but it is slightly more affordable and still a lovely shade (plus chairty is a great!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As far as I'm concerned, this is the best everyday pink lipstick out there. It's a lovely medium pink with slight brown undertones. It works with virtually any look and is perfect for any occasion. You really can't go wrong this! The versatility of Viva Glam V is the reason why I keep repurchasing. I am currently on my third tube. If I'm going for a job interview or I'm unsure what lipstick to wear with an outfit, I just reach for this. For me, it's a safe bet lipstick - not too nude and not too bright. I highly recommend this. It's such a beautiful, versatile color that looks flattering on many different skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

This is such a pretty, my-lips-but-better-and-more-berry color. It's a beautiful color for everyday wear, and I think it complements a variety of skin tones, although it really pops on fair-medium skin.

Like all MAC lipsticks, it has a lovely vanilla smell, but no taste. The odor disappears right after you apply it.

I was testing out at a bunch of lippies at my MAC counter, when the MUA recommended this. I was a little wary, because I thought it might be a little too dark for me for everyday, but once I tried it on, I was hooked.

I think this is great for girls who want to take their "nude lip" up a notch or two. It's a beautiful product, and my favorite MAC lipstick of all time.

Test it first, because coloring's key with this. If you like it at the store, I don't think you'll be disappointed when you get it home!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by MadHattress

YUK.... what a waste of money. I was recommended Viva Glam V by an online MA, as I was looking for a good mlbb shade for everyday.

Let me say, I hate pale lipstick, I'm so pale and if I apply a lipstick that's actually lighter than my natural lip shade, my lips look totally washed out which is HORRID.

I hated the Patisserie, and had the same disappointing experience with the Viva Glam V.

Had I seen it at a MAC counter, I'd never have bought it. I was misled by the website's swatches and a couple of pics on google.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best lipstick ever!!!!!! It's just amazing, please do yourself a favor and try it. This is the only lipstick I will ever use :)