July 23, 2014 | 2059 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far so good. I wasn't sure that I really needed a shimmer brick but I wanted one so after much hemming/hawing I finally gave in and bought the beige.

Okay, this is NOT going to make a lot of difference and is certainly to be considered discretionary in terms of make-up. It's not a must have but what it does do is give me some of the glow that one gets when you're in candlelight. I use it on the tops of my cheekbones and also on my temples (it helps actually detract from my pigmentation by making it more "blurry"). Does extra duty as an eyeshadow/highlighter shadow. All in all, I'm not regretting it and putting it into my daily routine, especially when I know I'll be putting in a lot of hours and will likely be looking a bit worse for wear later in the day and need a pick me up.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Pebblez27

PROS:
- This product is great for what it's supposed to do. It's a wonderful highlighter and, with a light hand, it can give that glow-y, "Hi meet me. I'm actually an angel" look.
- You get a lot of product for your money
- It does dual duty as eyeshadow

That said, here are some CONS:
- It's far too expensive ($50 CAN). I tend not to use highlighters on a daily basis so it didn't make sense for me to keep this.
- It has a tendency to go all over the place and without the right brush it can look garish (I use the MAC 116 instead of BB's Face Blender).

I bought this but returned it. MAC'S Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish ($ 30) give the same finish as this. The two look the same on my face (Chanel 20-Clair, MAC NC20-25) so I decided to stick with the MAC.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by KarinKassab

breaks all to pieces and gets EVERYWHERE within weeks. Cool color combination and texture overall but packaging SUCKS!! Too expensive to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Faithersk

Okay, girls! If you are going to use this as a highlighter, don't dip in and apply strait to cheeks or you will be a disco ball! =) Swirl it in the pan, then swirl the brush either in the palm of your hand or into the mirror (to get the shimmer into the bristles and not sitting on the outside of the brush). Tap the brush well, then very lightly buff into the skin. You will like this product sooooo much better if you use this method. I didn't like it at first either b/c it was WAY too glittery, but now I use it almost every day and love it to pieces. I even use it as an eye shadow on mellow days and it is gorgeous like this too Try it! (P.S. This is very low pigment...so don't buy it if you are looking for cheek color, only if you are looking for cheek highlight!)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by australianoveranalyzer

Beautiful, fine powder that's not at all glittery or tacky. Imparts a very sheer, pale gold sheen - use over a blush. Natural and stunning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I use it as highlighter, and in a pinch, as eyeshadow. I kept it in my makeup bag and used it every day and was happy as a clam with the texture, the fact that it is noticeable but not *too* shimmery, and the fact that it lasts a long time. Then one day, the closure/snap mechanism broke, which makes me :< . I guess I will be an old lady and use a rubber band to keep it closed in my makeup bag, but I'm disgruntled about it. As much as it cost, the clasp thing should NOT just randomly break.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first highlighter. I think I got the best one in first place. I like it is not pigment. I can use it really like highlighter. I put on my forehead, my cheek, or light handed all over my face to give a fresh polish looking for night out. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MsBlake

I will buy it again but I doubt I'll need to any time soon. This stuff lasts forever! I really like the shimmer brick b/c it can really be used as anything. Blush, eye shadow, highlighter, you name it. I like the beige b/c it isn't pigmented. I tend to prefer a more natural look to my make up which is why I think this one is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter yesterday and wanted to try the shimmerbrick after reading all the reviews on here. :) I'm not a big fan of shimmer so I was a hesitant at first. I got the beige shimmerbrick. I actually like it-I'm only planning on wearing it at night or for special occasions though. I asked the MA about which brush-either the bronzer or the face blender. She used the bronzer brush and lightly tapped it over the shimmerbrick. She explained to me this gives a natural glow and controlls the coverage at the same time. The MA then lightly tapped it over my face. The results were amazing! I bought the bronzer brush too however I ended up afterwards going to my local drugstore and buying a new line of brushes called Posh. They are great quality and would recommend them. I bought a travel size brush like the one I just bought from Bobbi Brown. I plan on using that for my regular Bobbi Brown bronzer (light) and using the regular one for the shimmerbrick only because I don't want shimmer every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I apply it over my blush and on my temples to highlight. I love that it's not pigmented - my sister has the rose one and that has a bit more colour, but for me the beige is perfect. I've given it four lippies because I find that if I have any milia on my cheekbones it does tend to draw attention to them, but otherwise it is the perfect way to add some light without looking glittery.

P.S. It always looks better on me when I apply it with my BB face blender brush - I started out using a cheap d/s one and I really noticed the difference when I made the change!