April 20, 2014 | 1753 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Raisin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by anywayreally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the color and the shine, and that it's minty and plumps my lips, and that it's convenient to carry and use. It's great alone or over a red or violet lip liner. I like that it's made of beeswax and other good natural stuff. I'm always worried that they are going to discontinue it, because it's hard to find sometimes; if they don't, I'll keep buying it again and again. It's a standby for me.
Edit: I also love this over Max Factor Lipfinity number 88. The colors complement each other perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by capablecoupon

It has a strong minty scent that I can't stand, and it made my chapped lips even worse. I did like the color, though, because it was richly pigmented and lasted a long time. I could also put it on without looking, and it wouldn't be a mess, because the tube is so thin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In light of my recent realization that most nudes look plain ugly on me, I've shifted my attention to richer colors. This caught my eye at the d/s today, and having tried BB's regular lip balm before, I figured I'd give it a shot. I was hoping for something with an earthy, plummy wash of sheer color but WOOOO this puppy is pigmented! It's really not raisin at all, it's cool-toned berry. But that's fine with me, because I need a color like this in my collection. Definitely use a l/l and dab the color on, then blend with your finger. Rubbing it on straight from the tube will yield scary results. As for the texture and the staying power... It's the consistency of chapstick and stings like a plumper, but the color really does last. I would buy again if there was a more more "neutral" shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I love the Burts Bees lipshimmers and they've become my day to day go to lip product. This color is a pretty intense red. I either use it very sparingly or mix with one of the other lipshimmers, to get a lighter shade. I love red lipstick, but only if it's matte, the chapstick texture and an intense color don't mix well, as it has the potential to smear and migrate.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by jenjuliet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Loved the color initially, like seriously I thought I'd found the best lip thing ever, but that was when I had a tan and I didn't even think about what would happen after my skin went back to its normal pale state. Like a lot of reviewers, I found it to be much too dark. However, in my initial lust I had gone out and bought 5 more tubes and smushed them all into a little pot so I'd have plenty and wouldn't have to deal with the tempermental tube - you know, the not twisting down thing these get sometimes. After getting the idea from a previous reviewer, I took that little pot and scooped out a nice dollop of Raisin, then mixed it with a softened stick of Natural Ice SPF 15 Lip Balm in a bowl (since my other main gripe about Lip Shimmers and all of Burt's products is that none of them have sun protection), and transferred the lot to an empty tin. It took me a few tries to get the right amount of Raisin so I actually had some color payoff, but it was well worth it. Now I have the perfect MLBB shade - with SPF, and I have to say that the whole mixing thing made me feel so organic. I'll continue to do this until either Natural Ice or Raisin is discontinued. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ThePrincessOfPink

I agree with the previous reviews, the color is a bit intense, but if you just dab this on you'll end up with a very pretty berry stained lip that's really hot for fall. I love it! And it's dirt cheap too! For reference, I'm a warm toned LLL/MMM with yellow, light olive undertones.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2006 12:54:00 AM More reviews by sparrowXX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Can you say FUSCHIA LIPS!!
Enough said.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by wilmyk8s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WAY too much color. I thought it would have a slight hint of color, but it was really dark on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I was buying a lipstick, this would be perfect. I found it was WAY too pigmented for what I wanted. I wanted just a tiny hint of color. These are more pigmented than Clinique Almost Lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2006 4:56:00 PM More reviews by eam531

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been buying this for a couple of years now. I like the minty tingle, it softens my lips, and the color looks really good on me. It has an amazing depth of color for such an inexpensive product. I do use a neutral lipliner with it; as others have said, it has a tendency to 'migrate'. One thing about the product that I don't like is that if you twist up too much, you can't twist it back down again.