LUSH Karma Bubble Bar

4.4

Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Lavendin Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Pine Oil (Pinus), Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogan flexuosus), Elemi Oil (Canarium commune), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Citral, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, FD&C Red No. 4

on 6/13/2010 9:47:00 PM

I do love the smell of Karma, but my bubble bar makes VERY little bubbles. I can use almost half (way more than I use with any other bb) and get less bubbles then when I use less product from a different bb. I think mine might have been old though. I might try another one just to see

on 4/12/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love the fragrance of this bubble bar, and it does produce quite a lot of bubbles. The only reason i took a lippy off is because the scent does not linger on your body once you get out, but nonetheless it smells great while your in there and is relaxing, I usually use this whole bar at once or use half depending on my mood.

on 4/7/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I gave Karma a high rating because it's a Lush bubble bar after all and I adore bubble bars but I will not be repurchasing because the fragrance does not work for me. If you cannot wear what's generally categorized as oriental fragrances (sandalwood, patchouli, etc.) then Karma will not work for you. I can wear fragrances with a hint of sandalwood but not too much and patchouli reacts with my body chemistry to produce the foulest smelling odor imaginable. Just a little FYI if you're like me and cannot wear these types of fragrances. I can't think of any oriental fragrances off the top of my head that I can't wear other than Tom Ford Black Orchid, but if you're familiar with Black Orchid then you know what I'm talking about.

If you're lucky enough to be able to wear oriental fragrances then you will love Karma bubble bar because one-third of a bar will be enough to give you a luxurious bubble bath and perfume your skin well into the next day and even the day after...which is pure torture if you're like me. As long as Karma doesn't come in contact with my skin, it smells fabulous so I put my remaining half bar in a decorative dish and it has been keeping my bathroom smelling fantastic for well over a month and still going strong. This is definitely better than any air freshener I've ever used.

on 3/22/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never tried this but if you want to get more use out of this bubble bar, use a small amount, crumble it in your tub then add The Body Shop's mandarin foaming bath and it compliments Karma excellently! Plus you get much more bubbles without ruining the smell or moisture! I'm going to buy this tomorrow so I will let you know how it works!

on 3/8/2010 10:21:00 AM

This is my most favorite of all LUSH products. I love their bath bombs but $6 (on average) per bath is spendier than I want to get at this point. The Bubble Bars are remarkable because they are highly fragranced (Karma in particular is my fave scent) and you can crumble the bar up to use it for about 3-4 baths vs. just one with the bombs.

I love LUSH in general and the Karma Bubble Bar is my HG of LUSH products.

on 1/18/2010 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

another great product from lush!!! my daughter has extremely sensitive skin. i had to stop giving her bubble baths because of it and that made her feel awful because she loves her bubble baths. figured i give this a try because it's vegan and all natural. so glad i did! smells wonderful and my daughter is able to take her bubble baths again. the bars are pretty big so i'm able to cut chunks off and use the bars more than once. the bubble don't vanish so my daugher is able to enjoy a bubble bath with bubbles!!!

on 1/3/2010 12:25:00 AM

mmmm smells so good! this bubble bar has the best bubble pay off from all of the ones i've tried. i can get 3 baths out of one bar. the bubbles are huge and fluffy and the bath smells great. it was also really easy to crumble under the water, it didn't leave chunks all over the bath like the other ones i've tried. love it!

on 1/2/2010 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my first things i bought from the LUSH store. Its simply awesome pick for someone who wants to pick up something small but powerful bubble bath.
Just a minute ago i ran to try out this first bar. I read the reviews before hand on how it reacted to the water and the scent. A definite yes to the scent! I am in love with it! Some say its overwhelming but once you slip a bit of this into your bath it will mellow and fill the room with amazing smells. Some people put in half of their bar which i think is ridiculous since you really dont need that much to get sky high bubbles. I suggest 1/4th of the bar at the most to put in each time. Also when you come out your skin should feel smooth and lovely.
The price on this product was a bit of a downer for me. I really dont like the idea of paying 8 dollars (after adding tax) for a bar of soap that probably last me 5 good baths. Again, i do love LUSH but their prices are a bit overpriced for my taste.
Packaging was a paper bag :P
Overall i like the results of this bar. It left my skin smelling nice, and my bath bubbly. The price although is definitely over priced for a small bar of soap. I can purchase a whole liquid bottle from The Body Shop that can last me maybe 20 bubble baths for the same price! Saying so, i really do like the smell and would definitely buy it again.

on 12/7/2009 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Karma is one of the scents that you either love or hate. When I first sniffed this at the store, I was instantly reminded of my mom... she's kind of a hippie and this spicy citrus/patchouli(?) scent was like BAM! Totally my mom, so I steered clear for myself but went ahead and purchased one for mommy dearest. Of course, she insisted that we half it, and I'm soooo glad she did.

This smells so good in the tub, makes a ton of bubbles (I used about 1/4 of the bar but could have used way less and still had plenty of bubbles), and leaves my skin silky smooth. I cannot get over how good this smells. It made the whole bathroom smell yummy. I think it could be overwhelming to those super sensitive to smells, so do beware... this is strong.

I have to admit that Karma would not have been my first choice for a scent. Snowcake is my all time favorite soap, but I have to say... Karma is now a close 2nd. What I like about Karma is that the scent lasts a lot longer than the others on my skin.

This is a keeper that I repurchase all the time.

on 11/3/2009 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The Karma scent is the perfect blend of fresh and spicy. I love it. That being said, it's also a very overwhelming scent. If you're sensitive to those, avoid this. If you're not, and if you're into a complete spicy experience- this is for you.

Popular Bath Treatments