October 20, 2014 | 1019 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Charade Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 3:07:00 AM More reviews by sunmaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you want more options for neutrals, this is a good choice because the colors are rose and dusky lavender but they are muted and matte so they can be applied subtlely. It's a good choice for green-eyes, too, because there is enough pink and purple pigment to pick up the eye color, but not so much you get pink bunny eye or bruised eye and you can wear it to the office or other conservative environments. It doesn't scream eye make-up, just pretty eyes. I really like to wear the rose side as a wash, and the lavender smoked out from the lashline and into the outer corner, for more drama just add black liner, the duo is neutral enough for that. A champagne highlighter with some pinkiness like MAC Jest or Stila Starlight looks great with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I've never written a review for this duo before now. I've owned Charade for probably 3 years and these colors continue to be staples in my collection. I rarely travel without them because I find they work so well with other e/s and palettes I own. These are year-round colors for me, too. Looking at the mauvey-taupe and dusky purple in the compact, you'd think they would be difficult to use. But I find they work well together or separately with other shades. My favorite combo is to do a wash of Stila Kitten or Wheat, then blend the mauvey-taupe in the crease up on the brow bone. This plays up my blue eyes and is a fantastic day look with some dark brown liner. For night, I add in the purple under my eyes and in the crease. I find the purple in this to be very similar, although not as shimmery, as MAC Shale. And, surprisingly, the mauve-taupe is almost spot-on to the more taupe side of my Pop Cheeky Cake Beach Babe blush, although the e/s is less shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jenn1ferthompson

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my FAVORITE duos from Nars. If you have green or hazel eyes it just makes them pop! I use Mac Vanilla pigment or BE Sun Goddess to highlight the browbone. It is a no-fail look for me. ( NC40 green eyes)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2005 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Racheybeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great duo in purples. A light pinky lavender and a beautiful plum. Great pigmentation and blendability. Another winner from NARS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The colors are very subtle and very pretty. The pink is a dusky medium rose with a hint of shimmer. The purple is a dusky violet, also with a hint of shimmer. They're not all that special, though. I don't think I'd pay $30 for this again, given the option. But I did, and I am using and enjoying them, so I suppose I'm ambivalent, overall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2004 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I was disappointed with this duo. Nars shadows are very hit or miss. Some are pigmented and some arent. Unfortunately this duo isnt pigmented. Which does make a almost a nuetral duo for daytime. Has a soft rosy pink shade and a soft plummy brown shade. Dont get too much color at all. The look is definately daytime and subtle. I prefer more color with my shadows so i would not repurchase. Retails for $28 and comes in the black nars rubber case. The lack of pigment makes this a dud!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2004 12:04:00 PM More reviews by tabithaw

I was looking for a neutral, everyday colour to wear.MA suggested this, a matte brown and a matte puple duo.

While the purple looked good on me, the brown looked muddy on me.This es is heavily pigmented, a little goes a long way. The packaging is black rubber which looks cool until loads of colour collects on it.

Will not repurchase this colour in particular but will check other colours.

Brown eyes and dark hair with FFF (Stila 30 watts/MAC NW 30) skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2003 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sphondyloid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this duo! This is a perfect everyday combo on me-- subtle and matte, but enough pigment to give dimension and bring out my blue-green eyes. For those with aqua eyes, this is a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2003 9:31:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favortie duo's. The colors look 'blah' in the compact (matte pinked beige and grey based lavendar). However, they look lovely on the skin. They are nice colors alone, and look surprisingly pretty together.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2002 12:57:00 AM More reviews by chusuyuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One color is in warm rose; whereas the other is in lavender grey. Both are matte and is not as pigmented as my other eye shadows so I use them mostly as a wash. I like to use the warm rose for the wash and the lavender grey as liner. Works great for a daytime look!