Revlon Vixen

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a lover of vampy nail polish, the second I saw this polish, I had to have it. It took me a little while to find it, but the second I got it, I was absolutely smitten. Revlon nail polishes are one of the few truly fantastic drugstore nail polishes out there--and this one lived up to that reputation.

A deep red wine, burgundy, berry colour, Vixen has become a true staple for me. I don't want to take it off my nails. It applies well and is opaque in 2-3 coats. It dries quickly, and it lasts for quite a few days without chipping, even sans topcoat. It has a great deal of shine on its own as well.

I'm very, very pale, and this pulls off that great goth/vampy look without looking ridiculous, like a black would. It's the perfect nail polish colour for colder months. Great formula, great colour, great effect. Highly recommended.

(Also: Vixen looks great on the ring finger with Revlon's Creme Brulee on the rest of your fingers!)

on 9/24/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great fall color. I got it as part of a 2/$1 deal at big lots.

Brush is a little thin and I needed 3 coats for completely opaqueness but other than that I really like it and would repurchase if I can find it again.

on 9/15/2011 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

vixen is a nice dark burgundy.i bought this color for fall/winter.always love my dark colors in autumn and winter! It is sophisticated,classy and original at the same time! Last long with a top coat! Love it!

on 8/26/2011 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Such a seductive, deep red shade, PERFECT for the whole evening mysterious red-nailed woman look. I get compliments on this whenever I wear it.

It looks too harsh / vampire-y with pale skin tones, but it looks amazing on medium skintones to dark skintones, so I recommend this for anyone NC20/ NC25 and more.

on 7/17/2011 8:53:00 PM

This polish was given to me by my grandma, and I didn't think about using it until I tested it out on my plastic nail wheel. In the bottle, it looks likes dried blood, but when applied, it is so much nicer, and more purple! It's a very deep berry color. Great fall color! However, I prefer something lighter, and pinker. However, this is a very mature look, and it warms up the skin :) It gives off a very classy feeel. It isnt the typically fun and summery polish that i usually use. You can get away with 1 coat. 2 is enough. Best with a top coat!

I THOUGHT it would be darker than OPI Int'l Date Line but it was actually way different. OPI was browner and Revlon was more of a berry. When looking at the bottles, i would prefer OPI Itn'l Date Line, but after applying it, Revlon's was better. (dont judge a book by its cover.. remember I said this one started out looking like dried blood. lol)

on 1/2/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Pretty color. Warms up my skin during those pale winter months. I like wearing a variety of colors, but sometimes the darker colors feel harsh on my skin. However, this one works great on me. I wish the brush was a little sturdier, I'm in love with the new Sally Hansen brushes. I got this for 2.99 @ Bi-Mart.

on 1/2/2011 7:46:00 PM

Delicious deep colour. Revlon has good value for money with their nail colours. Added bonus, they don't test on animals!

on 12/23/2010 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Revlon polish is usually the best quality in the drugstore, and in recent years their shade selection has been amped up to more unique and modern shades. I haven't bought a Revlon polish in some years, and the last one was one of my signatures (Cherry Crush). Cherry Crush is a dupe for OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress, btw. This one is a dupe for Chanel Vixen, and the two are spot on for each other. This shade is pretty, but it chips in no time and the formula is so thin that parts of your nail show under the polish... and that's with two coats. Maybe when it thickens up it will be better.

on 12/15/2010 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

this is one of my favorite nail polishes when I just want something both understated and dramatic. it's the perfect Fall-Holiday color. It's pretty much the color of the bottle, a deep burgundy cream. It's a 3 coater to opacity and I find with a quick dry top coat (SH or SV) lasts me 5 days or so. I have no issues with the consistency or streakiness. I've had my bottle for years and it's recently tipped over and leaked so I am looking into replacing it. If you don't have a deep red vamp color I highly recommend this one. It's very flattering on my yellow toned skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been on a nail polish kick lately and while wandering around Walmart I was drawn to this bad boy sitting on the bottom shelf. The color is very similar to Chanel Vamp. It was on sale for $3 so I really had nothing to lose. I love the color but the application isn't the greatest. The formula is very runny and I had to do 4 coats to get rid of the streaks and it still isn't completely opaque, although you can only tell if you get really close up. I will repurchase this just because the color is so edgy and glam but I am disappointed with the formula.

Popular Polishes