November 28, 2014 | 1250 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Sophiebops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne prone skin but I also tend to get dry in certain areas, so foundation can sometimes be tricky for me. I first got this foundation around christmas time because i needed something that would cover up my annoying break out but not make it worse. I tried this a few times and it made my dry patches stand out and my skin looked dead. I switched back to my bb cream that i have been using for years, but was disappointed with the low coverage over my acne.
A few days ago, I decided to mix the foundation + the bb cream together to create a mixture that wouldn't dry me out, would cover up my acne sufficiently, and stay all day!!! I love this and I think this will become my holy grail foundation from now on. If you have sensitive skin like me, try this out!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Much to my surprise, I found myself liking this foundation. The price is decent, it has a pump, the colour is spot on and I often find it difficult to find foundations pale enough for my skin. The consistency is somewhat thick, but sheers out nicely. It stays put, doesn't oxidize, or make me look oily and most importantly it does not break me out. This is a great back up foundation to my high end stuff. The reason I said I would not repurchase because I like to try out new products, not because this foundation has any shortcomings.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My quest is over! I have found it! Move over Revlon Colorstay ! I know, that seems like quite some excitement, and really it is. The last 2 or 3 years I have tried numerous foundations, high and low end, with only two real expectations; matte finish for oily skin and non-comedogenic (truly non acne causing). I had overlooked Almay for a very long time, I think I tried one crappy eye shadow pallette and then wrote off the whole brand as crap. I really should not have done that considering in the back of my mind that I always knew Almay was hypoallergenic and was good for sensitive skin. So, on a lark, I decided to go for it, and I'm not looking back. I like the packaging, it has a practical and hygienic pump that dispenses an ample amount of foundation with each squirt. The price is reasonable as many drug stores offer some sort of discount most weeks. The coverage is medium to full and is buildable. It does seem to dry or set up rather quickly after application, which is a plus to me. It may prove to be too dry for those with dry skin issues. I would always recommend a moisturizer before applying this though. It seems to stay pretty matte (albeit with a setting powder) without much shine for about 6 or 7 hours before needing any intervention, which is a huge deal for me. But the piece de resistance is the fact that my skin has never been so clear. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by lborkowski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far this has been the BEST liquid foundation I have found as far as ingredients, color, and affordability. I have NC 25 to C3 skin and it is hard to find a good foundation with golden undertones. I purchased this in 600 Sand and it is sooo perfect. I top it off with the Almay Clear Complexion Light powder (tried Medium Light but it was a tad too dark) and its the best combo for me. I used to use higher end lines of makeup like Mac, Laura Mercier, and Hourglass, which is great for special occasions, but for every day wear this foundation is great!!! I have not noticed breakouts using this, but have not noticed any type of "healing" effect on pimples I have had.
*UPDATE*
I don't know why I didn't see this in the first place but I recently realized in the ingredient list this foundation has SODIUM CHLORIDE (salt) which ranks 5/5 (highest rate) as an acnegenic ingredient on multiple comedogenic lists I have found. Whyyyyyy!!!! I love the color and coverage....so sad :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I have had problem skin since the age of 14 and I am now 24. While my breakouts are now just occasional, I have yet to find a foundation that works better for the price point. I am a product junkie and I have literally tried everything from clinique to derma blend to chanel, you get the idea. I keep coming back to this foundation because it works well and fits my grad school budget. It is medium coverage, so it will not hide everything; however, it does a decent job and I find the coverage is buildable. The color matches are limited...some are too pink and others too yellow, but I find myself (an NC 20) wearing 003 naked and its a decent (but not perfect) match. I have really oily skin and I found this controls my oil well, even without a primer. It lasts all day and really is one of the better foundations I have tried, even when compared to high end products. I love the bottle design as it is hygienic and the cap prevents it from spilling in my makeup bag. Overall, this foundation is definitely worth trying if you are looking for natural coverage and have breakout prone skin.

**Updated: I find naked oxidizes on my skin and makes me look orange. I instead now blend 002 buff and a pump of 003 naked and it makes a better match for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by sistermlo

I just started wearing liquid foundation and I was struggling to find a formula that would work with my combination, acne prone skin. I went back to the Neutrogena Matte formula, but found it, oddly enough, to be too oily. I then read reviews on Almay and decided to give it a try. I purchased the Buff color, which when compared to other brand's "Buff" color, was much lighter and more neutral in tone. I usually have to get the Ivory color in most brands, but not with Almay. For me, this was the first sign that I would like this foundation. I have never found my true foundation color in any brand I have ever tried. I have a yellow-neutral undertone with a light-medium complexion. Ivory is way too light and the next shade up (usually buff, beige, whatever) is way too orangey. I am usually forced to go with Ivory, since I would rather look like a ghost then a pumpkin.
Almays Clear complexion foundation in Buff is almost my color, but the difference is really not noticeable. The coverage is moderate, not at all full. It does not completely cover my scarring, hyper pigmentation or acne, but it does just a good a job as any other. Besides, I personally do not like to completely cover my imperfections. My reason being, is that I feel I would look way to fake and made up if I tried to cover everything. I know people see my bad skin, and I guess in a way I am owning up to my imperfections (though not completely-I do tone down redness and discoloration).
I apply this foundation with a latex-free sponge (though I have never used a latex sponge...do they even exist?). I usually do one light coat, and then I sponge a bit more foundation around my imperfections to give them slightly more coverage. I also wear Loreal's BB cream underneath, which gives my foundation something better to adhere to. With this combination, I typically do not feel I need to then apply concealer, unless I have a cyst.
The foundation doesn't seem to be helping with my acne, but it is not causing any acne. I have been wearing this foundation for about 2 weeks. I have combination skin (very oily in summer though) and since it is winter my skin is drier. The foundation does not seem to be making my dry skin even drier.
So far, in my 15 year career of wearing foundation, I like this foundation the best, hands down. Even better then Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Anne80

This has been my daily foundation for almost a decade (or whenever it was introduced to the line). I keep trying other similar foundations, but Almay still beats them all. Buildable coverage. It comes in a pump form. "Buff" matches my skin tone perfectly, too - I need more of a yellow undertone instead of the usual pink. It doesn't seem to oxidize, stays on skin in all weather conditions. Hasn't irritated my sensitive skin. The only two possibly negative things are that it has no SPF coverage and doesn't seem to heal acne (but it definitely doesn't trigger breakouts). Overall, I love this foundation and can get it at any drugstore or grocery store in the USA for under $15. I started using SPF lotion underneath it or SPF finishing powder. I wish it would help reduce discoloration and scars, but can't ask for everything. I've found it's best applied with a sponge.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by perfectionseeking

I'm usually too lazy to pick a shade of foundation that fits me so I buy BB cream.. but after reading many articles saying you shouldn't keep your makeup too long I decided I should buy something new. I have a great skin regiment but haven't been able to get perfect skin - I wanted to be able to put makeup on with out feeling like I'm making it worse.

I'm not sure if this will clear my skin.... but I don't feel guilty about putting it on. I think it has great coverage (but I'm used to BB cream coverage at the moment), and I find that it lasts all day (with powder on top).

This makeup is great at covering the red tone in my face which Is great. Its non irritating. Can't remember a smell from it. Love the pump that gives me just the right amount - and it has a very light texture which is surprising considering the great coverage I get from it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Ztaylor92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation more than I can say! I have struggled with moderate to bad acne my whole entire life and I have very oily skin. This foundation took away the extra oil, and cleared up my skin in just about two weeks! I could not be more grateful! The coverage is about medium, and if you put it on with a beauty blender, the coverage is great. It stays on pretty well throughout the day, I usually touch it up if I am going out, but besides that I am pleased. Truly an AMAZING foundation. However, if you use other acne products (not including perscription acne medications) you should be careful because that might dry out your skin too much since this product has salycylic acid, albeit in a small amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation so so so much! I have oily skin so finding a foundation I found to be a challenge. I found it to have medium coverage, doesn't feel heavy on my skin, doesn't irritate my skin, and works well with my oily skin. I like especially is that is has natural extracts in it (which you don't come across all the time in liquid foundations) and has a pump (which helps prevent from any contamination). This foundation will will NOT make your pimples worse, but don't expect it to be some sort of magic potion that gets rid of them (that's what your skin regime is for)

I use this with my Clinique Blended Face Powder, and in combination, the two leave my skin looking oil-free, matte and almost flawless (which isn't something you commonly hear from someone with oily skin) without being too "cakey"