April 18, 2014 | 1299 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm totally in love with this cream, my sister gave this to me because it broke her out and I was excited to try it but wasn't expecting much honestly, but I was pleasantly surprised. I love using this on days I don't wear makeup especially when I go somewhere. I don't wear makeup as much as I used to (only 2-4 days a week depending) but I never felt very comfortable when I'd go out without it until I tried this. My skin is something I'm pretty self-conscious about, it's not too bad but it's just kinda dull, dark circles, enlarged pores and post acne scars. I feel this gives my skin a healthy, beautiful glow and even though it doesn't cover anything as it's just a luminizing cream I feel so much more confident without makeup. Even better, this has amazing good-for-your-skin ingredients as well. I'm surprised Mac doesn't make that as big of a selling point because I actually didn't know how awesome the ingredients were until I did a bit of research. It's quite pricey at $30 for 1.7 fl oz but I've never tried a product like this before and I will never go anywhere without this product on again. I'm now a Mac Strobe Cream user for life.
PACKAGING:
It comes in an attractive pearlescent off-white plastic tube with the standard rubberized screw off bottom that's on a lot of Mac products. I don't really have any problems getting any product out but it's kinda messy. I'm not sure if it's just the tube I have but the product just kinda spills out of the hole very easily and it can get everywhere, the cap gets goopy as a result. So that's kind of annoying but is nothing I can't live with. I do wish it was in a pump bottle instead.
TEXTURE:
It's slightly thick, but not too thick and it's nice and creamy. It feels very silky, maybe ever so slightly greasy at first but nothing too bad at all. It really just melts into your skin, it feels very nice. The product itself is a pearly white cream with a irradescent pink shimmer.
MOISTURE:
It's fairly moisturizing but not that much. I wouldn't say this is enough if you have dry skin especially in the winter, you may need another moisturizer under this. I have combination dry skin with an oily nose and this is fine for me now that it's summer. I can wear it alone and it does a decent job at providing my skin with some moisture during the day. I'd say if you have oily skin this would be a great night time moisturizer.
FINISH:
Like I said glowy, healthy and beautiful. It gives my skin the dewiness I wish it had. Have you ever seen girls like models, celebs, or youtubers that have that dewy glow with no makeup? This gives you that! It looks very natural and not fake or shimmery at all. It's as if the irradescence just comes one with your skin. It can look slightly oily at first but once it settles into your skin it looks dewy. Despite my imperfections, it doesn't emphasize them at all. If anything it makes them look less noticeable. The effect only lasts while it's on your skin but once you put it on it lasts the entire day. My skin feels soft, smooth and plump to the touch. I can see this working on all skintones from very fair to very dark, though darker skins may not want to use too much at once as you'd have to really blend it into the skin really well so it doesn't wash you out.
EFFECTS ON MY SKIN:
I've used this consistently for about 2 weeks now and it doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I don't have too many problems with acne anymore but when my skin doesn't like something it lets me know by breaking me out very badly or irritating my skin to the point of bumps and severe dryness. I'm happy to say my skin seems to love this and I feel like the texture and look of my skin is improving. There is added fragrance to this but personally I don't smell it that much, it has a slight scent but I don't find it to be too detectable and it doesn't last. My skin is usually sensitive to fragrance but this doesn't bother it at all. We all have different skin though as my sister did break out a little from this so maybe try out a sample first.
FOR MAKEUP:
I don't really use this in conjunction with my makeup underneath it or as a highlighter. I tried it under my foundation, it looked nice but my makeup came off a lot easier with it. I mainly just use this as a moisturizer for when I don't wear any makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this because of the good reviews plus it's very multi purpose so I ordered the full size and I love it! I apply it over my primer I'm sure I could do it under but I find for me this way works best. I moisturize,prime than add my strobe cream to my forehead, nose,chin, and cheekbones and right whereI would highlight my cheeks. I then apply my BB cream and wow it makes me look so healthy and alive. I'm very fair an NW15-20 in the summer. When I add the BB cream I can see where the strobe cream is and it just totally livens my skin.

I apply my makeup and off I go. The cool thing about this stuff is I keep getting compliments on my skin and how healthy it looks. Being pale for me can be annoying because my skin can look just blah, and this cream is like instant skin duller cure. Plus it has good ingredients and it makes my skin feel super soft without a harsh fake shimmer. It looks healthy and natural instead and you only need a small amount. Whether as a moisturizer or highlighter you don't need much product. Plus I love how this can work on all skin tones imo. I just don't see it looking bad on anyone when used properly.

This has become a everyday product for me and a staple before I put on anything. I have a night cream so I don't want to use it for that. I like it during the day and how I can layer it with other skin care and my makeup. This is one of those products that I really enjoy using and would recommend it to anyone. Nice sleek packaging but a little hard to get out the cream, but good so I don't over use it. Definitely give this a try even the travel or get a sample. I hope you love this product as much as I do:) Easy 5 lippie. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Lollyfox

Love love love ! If you aren't willing to spring on the full size grab a travel size. I adore this under my primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by wildcardinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product. It has slowly become one of my top 5 favourite MAC products, and I have A LOT of them! The best thing about it is that is is so multi-purpose. It can be mixed with foundation to sheer down the coverage (great for Illamasqua's rich liquid) and to add a lovely glow, it can be used as a moisturizer/primer almost - applied directly to the skin, assisting with moisture and luminosity. It can be used over foundation/powder as a highlighter or used just in general on its own as a moisturizer! (which it is generally designed for as it is actually in the MAC skin care department). The amount of amazing natural ingredients that is in this product is phenomenal. I use it as a highlighter though, and it just adds the most gorgeous pinky silver sheen, and personally, I think its the most natural highlighter I have ever found (without being "too" natural and barely show up on the skin) and what I mean by this is, the incredibly moisture and luminosity it brings to the face mimics natural shine on the fact (without looking too greasy). It isn't shimmery like some highlighters and it isn't too thick (thinner than Benefit's "High" Beam). It blends wonderfully, and comes in another tube called "Strobe Liquid" which is supposed to be lighter for the skin with less ingredients and it is also a lot more thinner in consistency. Beautiful product! Only down fall though is that it is quite pricey at $55 AUD (but understandable when you read the ingredients).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sophiemayw

I got two sample sizes when I brought two online orders and was pleasantly surprised to see free samples! They have actually lasted me months even though I re-purchased a big bottle a couple of weeks ago, but at least I'm prepared! I didn't know how to use it at first, I wasn't sure if it was a moisturiser or a primer or what but I use it on top of my foundation and powder to create a soft glow, but it also really helps my dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by SilverRocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

From using raw Manuka honey to Strivectin to LaMer, I tried probably everything there is in order to keep my skin healthy, clear and fight signs of aging. I used to LOVE the original Strivectin and recently bought 5 tubes for 29 bucks each at TJ Max. However, I was under the impression that you could still re-order the cream even though it isn't advertised on Strivectin's website. I ended up returning since I want a product I can ALWAYS use.
My last skin regimen was just extra virgin olive oil (don't get me wrong it worked great but I would still break out every once while).
Then I came across a site called Paula's choice and researched EVERY anti-aging cream and to my surprise MAC's Strobe cream got a fantastic score "best" in the anti-aging/moisturizer category. Went to Nordstroms and bought the Strobe cream the same day as well as Studio Fix (my daily powder/make up in NC 20) and the cleasing wipes (they also got the "best" rating on Paula's site).
I have been using Strobe cream for a little over a week, First I thought that my skin would be to dry and I needed additional moisture; but no Strobe worked great,
I know it sounds silly but my "test" if I like a cream or not is to get "rid" of my blackheads and any little pimples I can see and then putting my newest buy over all the red dots I end up with due to my 'popping", in this case it was the Strobe cream.
Well, the next morning my skin looked great, sure a few red marks were still visible but barely.
I do use quite a bit though. My tube is half empty (went a bit overboard thinking that more is better, but not always). Use about 3 pea sized squirts and massage it into my face and neck when it is still moist from the cleasing cloths.
I found my new favorite. The subtle glow is perfect, my fine lines are almost gone and my face feels nourished.
I got Radiesse injected for the first time on Friday (my nasolabial folds were just to deep, no over the counter product could have fixed it) and put Strobe cream over my swollen and sore face; felt great.
Sorry for such a long review but once I find something that works I get pretty excited !!!
PS: After about 3 days I had some white hard and tiny "pimples" around my eye lids as well as a bit of peeling but this time I stuck with using Strobe instead of switchig and now my face is crystal clear, glowing and my pores seem to have shrunk as well.
I don't use Strobe cream as a highliter but soley as an anti-aging/moisturizer and as I said it works wonders. Going to get 2 more of each, the cleasing cloths and the Strobe ceram (but this time I will be a bit more conservative while applying). STROBE ROCKS !!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok,well I'd just thought I'd add my two cents on here and say this is amazing it Definitely brings dreary skin to life I'm a dry skin Sufferer and this adds a nice subtle glow without been to over the top shiny it just leaves my skin looking really clear more even toned and overall healthy and more youthful I layer this on top of my regular cream and it Definitely makes a difference its a steal at the price you get a lot in and you only need a little amount dry skin ladies need to get this:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by chasiny

I use this item every time I do makeup. After skincare, I put MAC strobe cream on my face, and it's moisturizing and pearling. I started to use this item 4 years ago, that was my first time to use foundation. Before I had used BB from Korea, but the color liked gray so I decided to change my face makeup items. I went MAC store and the artist applied on my face and it was good. The pearl was soft, and it made my skin to moisturize.
I buy this 2 times a year, and it always perfect to my face. Sometime, I use after foundation, for highlight, but using as highlight, you have to attention of the moisture. The moisturized texture can remove your foundation so be careful during use on foundation.

This item is always on my makeup box and will do forever. Thank you :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Strobe cream is my secret weapon when my face is dull and dry, especially so during the colder months of winter and autumn. It perks up my complexion by adding hydration, luminosity, and providing a beautiful glow without glitter. I mix a pea size amount into my regular SPF face lotion to add illumination followed by my regular face make-up. Strobe cream never interferes with any of my SPF creams or make-up and also contains antioxidants too. It's a little pricy, but very little product is needed and a travel size tube (30 ml/1.0 fl oz) will last me easily two to three years.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I only bought the travel-sized version of Strobe Cream, because I broke out like crazy the first time I used it. I see why people like it, but unfortunately this product is not for me.