MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 3/16/2015 1:46:00 AM

MAC Strobe Cream is my HG illuminating primer. I use this as a moisturizer/primer before I apply my makeup. This gives my skin the most beautiful, natural, lit-from-within glow, and my makeup goes on so smoothly. The price is a bit ridiculous for the amount of product, but I can't live without it.

on 3/8/2015 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in love. I had no idea I was missing this product from my makeup base. Now I've found it, I'm never going back!
I use this product as a moisturizer before I apply foundation. I also mix it with my foundation. And lastly, I use it as a highlighter as the final face product to highlight cheeks, brow and cupid's bow.
It is costly, but a little goes a looooooong way. Plus it has many uses, so it can take the place of a few products.
It doesn't have a sparkle like Revlon skin lights or other cheaper highlighters, so it just creates a beautiful sheen to make your skin look dewey.
I was tossing up between this and the Becca Skin Perfecter, but ultimately went for this because of the moisturizer component.
It also lasts most of the day, but by the time 5 o clock rolls around it is staring to wear off. But if your reapply during the day, it has a great cooling sensation, which is fab in summer.
Definitely my HG highlighter.

on 3/6/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hello Gorgeous!! I recently discovered this and it has changed my life . . . well, my face. I mix this with Mac Face & Body and it gives an all over glow. I also mix this with my sunscreen before applying foundation and it give the same effect. I've also tapped it on the high points of my face after foundation and it highlights beautifully. I like the consistency of this and the subtle glow. I bought this in the travel size for $10, which is nice that you can test it out before splurging on the full size. But this small size will last forever! I just wish you could back to mac travel size.

on 3/6/2015 8:08:00 PM

Mix this in with your long wear foundation and it is gorgeous-leaves youthful glow to aging skin like mine. I mix it with colorstay in shade buff-amazing!!!!!!

on 1/30/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could only pick one product to keep with me, this would be it. The trick is to put on AFTER you have finished your makeup. I take a small dab and place on the high planes of the face - my cheekbones, just under brows and a little on my nose and cupid's bow. If done sparingly, this application gives you an instant and healthy glow that is just beautiful.

I applied my makeup in front of a friend (fellow beauty addict) and when I used the MAC Strobe Cream as my last step, she yelled, "What is that!?? I need it now!!" Enough said!

on 1/27/2015 1:51:00 PM

I use this as an illuminating primer and it does the job well. My foundation looks very glowy, and the cream also adds a barrier of moisture under my foundation. I have dry skin.

The price is very reasonable, the travel size is 30ml for $12 cad.

The only con for me is the smell, it just smells awful but the smell doesn't really linger so I'll deal with it.

This is my favorite moisturizer, and something that I put on my face every day regardless of whether or not I wearable up. Here's a tip though for saving money: It's way cheaper to buy the smaller travel size ($10 for 1 oz.) than the full sized product ($33 for 1.7 oz).

on 12/24/2014 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is one of those products that seems really nice but I don't know how wonderful it really is I guess. It goes on beautifully but I don't know if the lasting effect or even the effect when you're done with putting your foundation or powder on makes that big of a difference. I don't know, I just received it as a gift. I doubt I would ever buy it if I even wanted to.

on 12/16/2014 8:43:00 AM

Love this product, I use it as a primer and it makes my skin glow.

on 11/3/2014 6:04:00 PM

I loved this when I was 24. I mixed it with my Guerlain foundation for a beautiful, glowy effect that got me compliments as I walked down the street. I don't think I'd ever use it in place of moisturizer or primer, though, it seemed to have a drying effect even then. At that time I would have given it 4 lippies.

Five years on, I would no longer call this a good investment. For one thing MAC changed the packaging so that it's squeezed instead of pumped, and I always end up cursing a little as it glorps out onto my hand uncontrollably. Perhaps it's because I no longer use the same foundation, and it doesn't mix well with the Juice Beauty CC Cream that I use now. (I'm breastfeeding a baby so I have to be mindful of the chemicals I put on my skin, since it can easily end up in her milk!) Maybe my skin is just a little drier or more needy. But this product no longer makes my skin look dewy and bright; in fact, I always regret putting it on now. I suppose a little bit to highlight is OK, but again, the glorping. Benefit's High Beam, though just as drying for me, is the better bet in my opinion.

For a natural glow, try mixing up a little Vitamin C serum (see the DIY on MUA) and applying a little bit of coconut or sea buckthorn oil to your face before you put on your moisturizer. My skin is SP happy with me since I started doing that, and the glow lasts all day.