MAC Frost - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

on 8/2/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

For reference: Neutral to warm skin tone (NC25/NW25ish... a shade or two darker in the summer), Green eyes with gold flecks, medium to dark brown hair, sensitive, combination skin.

Naked Lunch is a champagne with flecks of pink. I normally cannot wear eye shadows that have pink, red or purple undertones because they make my eyes look tired. However the pink in this shadow is subtle and doesn't cause the above. The color brightens my eyes and neutral enough to pair with many eye shadow shades. However, I am taking one lippy off. No matter what eye shadow primer I wear, this shadow fades throughout the day. I've applied it by lightly tapping or packing the shadow on, used different brushes. I follow the same steps with other eye shadows I own ,and don't experience this problem. Unless I got a dud eye shadow? I won't repurchase and plan on finding something similar in color.

on 7/25/2013 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This color is super pretty on my skin it just adds a soft shimmer, don't expect much color just a shimmer for highlight and super natural makeup looks.

on 7/1/2013 3:53:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this eyeshadow, i have dark eyes and i find it great to use in my inner corners and under my eyebrows as a highlighter. It has great pigmentation, you only need a tiny bit as it goes such a long way. I wouldnt recommend this if you have deep pores as it will highlight them no doubt. Otherwise, i would recommend this eyeshadow to everyone... it really can be worn on all skintones. I am so impressed!!!

on 6/30/2013 6:18:00 PM

This eyeshadow was SOOOOO hyped up, so I decided to purchase it when I ran out of Brule in my MAC quad. Youtubers constantly rave about this eyeshadow, and me being easy to persuade, bought it after months of ignoring the urge. Well, I have never been so disappointed! I've never been a huge fan of pink eyeshadows, but i'll admit that this has the perfect amount of pink in it; however it's so so so so so sheer. The pigmentation is awful. I have dark brown eyes and yellow/neutral/warmer tones in my skin, and I really do not feel this is worth the money I paid. I hate the way it looks on my eyes, just so boring.. and nothing special really! Definitely really disappointed with this eyeshadow, and it'll remind me to not be so guillable in the near future when buying beauty products!

*note: even when using primer underneath, i don't like this shadow on!

on 6/29/2013 6:24:00 AM

I think that this eyeshadow really suits dark eyes! My eyes are black and this is one of my favorite colors! It's a nude pink shimmering color and I find it very easy to apply! Naked Lunch it's my everyday eyeshadow!

This is my all time favorite eyeshadow! I love to use this on those days when I wear minimal makeup. This color gives a beautiful sheen especially with a winged liner. Every time I wear it, I get compliments on it! This is another one I would recommend to all.. Absolutely love this item!

on 6/18/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I like this eyeshadow alot! It's a shimmery nude pink. I originally bought this just to use as a highlighter. But yesterday it dawned on me that I can put it on my lid as well! So today I wore this on my lid with maybelline color tattoo in tough as taupe in the crease. It looked pretty and neutral for work. The one I got is soft in texture and never any trouble to apply. I use a standard eyeshadow brush to apply or one of those disposable eyeshadow applicators you can get at the drugstore. I used Mac 217 to apply tough as taupe in the crease. Also you should know that I used NYX HD Primer before I applied (which is really good by the way). I am NC 45/50

on 6/17/2013 2:43:00 AM

I first wanted to buy this product because I saw Selena Gomez talk about it in a magazine! The mac eyeshadows are a little pricey, but this one is worth it! It gives little color but it is very neutral. I love putting this over the mac paint pot Barestudy because the paint pot is shimmery so when I put this over it it becomes more shimmery but not in an overwhelming way. I usually also use the mac eyeshadow Wedge in my crease to make a natural looking eye.

on 6/10/2013 10:38:00 PM

My pot got gummed up, so this wasn't going on right. When I loosened the pot up I was very happy with this shadow. It is a nude/pink shimmer shadow that I use over my lid as a base color. It looks good on my fair skin (N4). I'm thinking it may not show up on medium toned skin though. Not sure? I will not purchase again because I plan on buying an Urban Decay Naked palette, which contains a similar color.

on 4/29/2013 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After searching high & low for a shade I had in my head, I finally found Naked Lunch! It is the perfect shade - natural yet interesting & pretty. Excellent staying power and does not crease. The only issue I have is that I suspect it is irritating my contact lenses towards the end of the day.