October 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by mushroomjr

I have been using it for more than 3 years, one of the best cleanser for my combo and acne skin. It's gentle and cleans well, leaving my skin soft and moisturized. I just hope the way the bottle opens can be changed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Kimboxx

I use this product in my daily skincare routine and i really like it. You only need one drop to make your skin feel SO clean! I can recommend this to everyone with oily/acneprone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by luludi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I kind like this cleanser. It always reminds me of my youth when I first started using it!
It lefts my skin a little bit dry, but after all I at least know my face is clean as it should be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, acne prone oily skin.

On/off relationship w/ this bottle over 2 yrs, and now finally trying to finish it the past few months as part of double cleanse (starting w/ Fancl or Boscia oil cleanse) in the shower. Works just fine, but I prefer their competitor La Roche Posay Efflaclar since it's a tad less drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by hula31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for months and I like this a lot. It has a very pleasant smell, you don't need much for your whole face and then you feel really clean!! The only disadvantage is that I was feeling my face was tightened after that, but it's ok as it makes a really good job with my oily skin! Now I'm using mousse nettoyante (Avene product as well) and personally I prefer foams for my face, but I think Cleanance gel is a holy grail product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by GlamVamp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmm I don't know about this cleanser...currently I am on Accutane and my oil production has slowed down, but this cleanser can be way TOO drying, I don't think this is the best cleanser to use while on it, I've tried and tried and tried to give it 2nd and 3rd and 4th (and even 7th) tries, but I feel like it irritates my face and leaves it red. I don't know...maybe it will work somewhere down the track but for now I'm not using it.

It's a green liquid that comes out and smells VERY nice, only a little bit takes to lather up in your hand, which is good. That's the only good thing I can say at this point. I'll give this one a miss.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product acted evil to me, sorry :( as far as I am concerned, it dried my skin out soooo much it looked like it was wrapped in saran wrap and it looks like dish soap as well. I can never like high end skin care products!. this products was simply terrible. I thought it would be an easy replacement to my clean & clear essentials cleanser for sensitive skin, which is an absolutely amazing cleanser, but it wasn't even in the same ballpark

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by timesuck

I really really really wanted to like this cleanser. I had heard excellent things about it, but boy was I disappointed. My skin is pretty tough and not easily irritated, but it does get a little tight if I wash it with traditional soap. I was looking for something soapless that would leave it with a little bit more moisture and help control the overproduction of oil I get with regular cleansers.

This product left my skin feeling tighter and dryer than ever before and turned my face into an oil factory. Seriously it was so oily after using this product, I thought I would get a call asking if they could run a pipeline from my face to a refinery. Even after several rinses, it left behind a sticky, irritating film that would counteract my moisturizer and leave my skin dull and lifeless.

As another reviewer mentioned, this product was reformulated in late 2012, and I think whatever they did to it completely ruined it. You do get a lot of product for the price, and the smell is pleasant, but beyond that, this product is a dud.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by ih8acneomg

My skin is overall very uneven and i have bumps all over my face. This product did not help get rid of those or control them, and for the price i expected much better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

I used this for a few months. It did the job well- worked for my combination skin- kept shine at bay but didnt exactly prevent spots. This, along with Clinique foaming face wash and others, is a decent, no thrills but does the job face wash that ill probably repurchase.