July 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by GlamVamp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmm I don't know about this cleanser...currently I am on Accutane and my oil production has slowed down, but this cleanser can be way TOO drying, I don't think this is the best cleanser to use while on it, I've tried and tried and tried to give it 2nd and 3rd and 4th (and even 7th) tries, but I feel like it irritates my face and leaves it red. I don't know...maybe it will work somewhere down the track but for now I'm not using it.

It's a green liquid that comes out and smells VERY nice, only a little bit takes to lather up in your hand, which is good. That's the only good thing I can say at this point. I'll give this one a miss.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product acted evil to me, sorry :( as far as I am concerned, it dried my skin out soooo much it looked like it was wrapped in saran wrap and it looks like dish soap as well. I can never like high end skin care products!. this products was simply terrible. I thought it would be an easy replacement to my clean & clear essentials cleanser for sensitive skin, which is an absolutely amazing cleanser, but it wasn't even in the same ballpark

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by timesuck

I really really really wanted to like this cleanser. I had heard excellent things about it, but boy was I disappointed. My skin is pretty tough and not easily irritated, but it does get a little tight if I wash it with traditional soap. I was looking for something soapless that would leave it with a little bit more moisture and help control the overproduction of oil I get with regular cleansers.

This product left my skin feeling tighter and dryer than ever before and turned my face into an oil factory. Seriously it was so oily after using this product, I thought I would get a call asking if they could run a pipeline from my face to a refinery. Even after several rinses, it left behind a sticky, irritating film that would counteract my moisturizer and leave my skin dull and lifeless.

As another reviewer mentioned, this product was reformulated in late 2012, and I think whatever they did to it completely ruined it. You do get a lot of product for the price, and the smell is pleasant, but beyond that, this product is a dud.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by ih8acneomg

My skin is overall very uneven and i have bumps all over my face. This product did not help get rid of those or control them, and for the price i expected much better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

I used this for a few months. It did the job well- worked for my combination skin- kept shine at bay but didnt exactly prevent spots. This, along with Clinique foaming face wash and others, is a decent, no thrills but does the job face wash that ill probably repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by haha341778

I went to drug store and the lady work there recommend this for me. I have acne but I do not break out badly as I did this summer. This product helps me clear out some blemish and does not dry out my face like some other " deep clean" product would do. I do not feel the tightness afterward like some other product would do. It's a little bit pricey but you only use a little bit each time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

I have combination skin (not acne-prone skin) however this soapless gel cleanser is amazing! I have tried a lot of drugstore as well as high end products however this gel cleanser must be the best product I have tried to date. So far I am on my 3rd bottle and let me add, a little really goes a long way! Not only does it remove all traces of my my foundation, but it also removes my eye makeup! This means I no longer need to use a separate eye makeup remover (bonus!). If I do happen to apply very heavy eye makeup/ use waterproof mascara then I will cleanse twice focusing on the eye area and all traces of my eye makeup will be gone. I absolutely love that it is gentle enough that I can use it over my eyelids without it stinging and that it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry/tight after I pat it dry. I have been using this every morning and night for over a year now and love the light fresh feeling that I get after every use. It's my HG and I definitely recommend this product, even for combination skin as it is very gentle!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by JoshuaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my Holy Grail cleanser. However Avene reformulated it late in 2012. I now find it to be very drying and somewhat irritating. It also seems to leave a slight residue. I won't be repurchasing.

The ingredients for the new formula:
The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.

The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by glamourclaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I brought this to cleanse my skin after developing a face full of acne after using MAC Blot Powder. I wanted something different to my normal crème cleanser that would leave my skin feeling nice without a residue. I have been using this for 2 weeks and its working well, my spots are clearing and my face feels wonderfully clean after using this product. I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by cattyh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My friend had used up 8 bottles and recommended this to me. I was very excited to try; however, I am not impressed AT ALL. It doesn't clean very well as there are always residue left on my skin. I've used it for half a week and I've gotten allergic reaction. Red patches on my cheeks and a bunch of tiny bumps along my jawline. I feel like my skin has gotten worse!!!