October 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have heard so much about this that I expected it to be amazing. I never figured out the hype. The cream itself smells horrible and icky. The cream felt nice going on, but it didn't last. I applied it to my hands and whether I washed my hands within an hour or waking up in the morning letting it soak in all night - it still felt like it did not do anything to moisturize. I tried it on my lips and the smell was so icky I wiped it right off. The sample tube was a pain to squeeze the cream out. Would not use again or recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a hand treatment more than anything, and usually only in a two-step process- the glycerin has a lot of slide.

The camphor is too much for my face, and it is too thin to stay on my lips (I heard Drew Barrymore uses this cream as a lip balm which is why i tried). What I like it for is maintenance if I don't have any other issues. For example, we just had our first cold weekend here and I got my tube out to spot treat the places on my hands where I get winter ezcema before I get it.

What I like to do with this cream the most is make it part of a process- i put it on, let it sink in, then put some kind of sealant over it- normally vaseline. I find putting an occlusive product over the top helps make this work even better. Otherwise, I like how this sinks in, which makes it a good hand cream while i am at work, and then at night I throw vaseline on top.

One standard tube has lasted me eight months and counting, I must have a bit over half a tube left. I like the fact that I use only a half a pea amount each time thanks to the slide of the glycerin, and the standard tube is small enough for a purse. Camphor isn't for everyone but I am a Carmex addict so hey, plus the scent fades.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Skilver

i got a sample of this from sephora so when i ran out of my night cream i tried it & i LOVE it! i have very sensitive skin & break out really easy, this did not give me any problems at all & it actually seems to have "healed" a pimple i had :)
this cream smells so bad though! it smells a lot like carmex (that lip treatment in the yellow jar). when i first put it on my face it tingled a little so i was worried but the tingle went away real quick.
At first I thought I liked it but after a few more uses It has caused my face to break out (just like pretty much everything I've tried). It's a nice cream, just not for my face

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by s55565

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a big fan of multitaskers and initially purchased this for my super dry lips. While I didn't love the fact that it just sat on the skin and them formed a white line on my mouth, I rediscovered it when I ran out of another facial moisturizer. I have normal skin that breaks out and gets a little oily. This makes muslin moisturized and feel protected from the elements of outdoors and makeup. It prevents pimples from drying up too much. I use it after applying lemon juice and leave both on all night. So far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Smungmung

I was having rashes and redness on my forehead and cheeks and wanted them to heal quick for an important business meeting. I had tried hydricortisone and betamethasone and pure Vitamin E, and none of them worked. I was also using jojoba and argan oil combos but still no results. I saw my Yu-Be sample and thought why not give it a try. The next day, all the redness disappeared! This is now my HG emergency breakout/allergy product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by applecore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Yu-be is yucky! It looks, smells, and feels like melted Carmex, which I find really gross. I tried a sample on my face and washed it off in minutes and threw the rest out. Aside from the smell and unpleasant consistency, it made my face tingle and burn which is never good sign.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by lcase423

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this skin cream! The only thing I don't like so much is the medicinal scent, but it goes away quickly and isn't really a problem for me. I use this mostly on my hands while I am watching TV, but have also used it on my feet and elbows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! I received a sample from Sephora awhile back and never tried it, until today. I noticed on the packaging that it can be used for split cuticles and on the lips! I tried it on my cuticles first, which mine are horrible bc i bite my nails. It has a strong scent but I don't mind, it sinks in and the smell goes away. It just smells like ointment. Then I did what I was scared to, I used it on my sensitive lips and I loved it! I have been looking for something moisturizing for my lips and nothing seems to work well enough, not vaseline, not the sara happ lip slip. After spending so much money and time, this is the best thing for my lips. It helps smooth them so quickly, makes them soooo soft instantaneously. I'm so glad I didn't have an allergic reaction, bc my lips seem to be allergic to most lip glosses/carmex/etc. It's pricey but I don't care, a decent sized tube from sephora $16 will last me a really long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of this moisturizer. First of all it smells like a combination of vick's vapor rub and vasaline...and pretty much feels like it too when you put it on your skin minus the cooling sensation. I have very dry skin on my body and this didn't moisturize any better than any other regular mediocre moisturizer I have used before....which in turn leads me to say that this stuff is way over priced! And by the way....if you are prone to breakouts like I am do not use this on your face. I tried it on my face after it didn't moisturize my body skin enough and that was a big mistake.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by ashley1227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Sephora when I saw it by the register and I'm a sucker for stuff that's readily available, so I got it. I'm not sure what compelled me because I have about 40 unused tubes of lotion at home from various sales. I tried it on my hands and it was a bit heavy, it's summer though, so maybe in the winter it will be more appropriate. I did use it on my lips though and I loved it! Usually no matter how much I exfoliate my lips and use lip balm they are still so dry and lip products always look like crap, but not if I use this. Before I was unable to use certain lighter shades of lipstick because they would show so many flakes on my lips, but this prevents that. Plus, if I use it for a few days straight the effects last a lot longer. Would definitely recommend to anyone with hopelessly dry lips!