October 25, 2014 | 1565 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Eyeshadow Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush but I don't use it for what it's made for. I actually use this as a concealer brush with my mac studio sculpt concealer. It is awesome to use as a concealer brush and a cheap(er) alternative to the MAC concealer brush! Definetely something I can recommend trying!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush deserves a 2 for eyeshadows, however it works great as a brush for cream shadows, paint pots, paints, etc. The bristles retain its shape and softness for years. I wash it once a month or so. My only gripe is that I wish the bristles were a bit wider. So I can cover more area.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lips_s4

This is my favourite eyeshadow brush by far! I used to use Quo and it was horrible because the bristles got on my face but this one is soft and I find that applying eyeshadow with it is very easy. The price is comparable to the prices of other decent quality eyeshadow brushes. I would definately buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by lilacattack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recieved this as a present in a four pack with three other brushes, and it is exactly the same except shorter and comes in a handy little pack for on the go use.

I agree with others that it doesn't take enough eyeshadow at once, but for me that is pretty much the only con and it isn't a big deal. It's soft so it doesn't hurt your eyes and it's tiny, so it's easy to put the eyeshadow exactly where you want it. I honestly don't mind having to apply more times, it doesn't bother me.

It's also easy to clean and the eyeshadow comes off with a few swipes on a towel.

I read about using this wet with eyeshadow, i'll have to give that a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I thought the handle was stupid and ugly because the stubby end doesn't fit in my brush rolls. Then I realised they stand up on their bases, and now I think they're cute!

Its got a small head so its best for smaller areas. OK for large areas too, it just takes more time than larger brushes. Smooth feeling and no pricking for sensitive eyelids. The bristles are stiff like people are saying, but I like it because that makes it really good for wet-foiling and cream shadows. The firmness of the bristles makes it easier to pack on damp color and make it adhere firmly to the eyelids. This wet-foiling makes cheap shadows look more expensive, and sometimes they change color to look more stunning applied wet, so I use this brush often!

Because this brush gives a definite line between the colors, after using this brush I usually go over the area The Body Shop's other "Eyeshadow Blender Brush" over the top to soften the look (the one with a larger, fluffier, tapered head). If I lost this brush I'd consider replacing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Kirro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This Brush is fine, but not great. I like the bigger Body Shop brushes better. I like the fact that this brush is quite big, it can even stand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I like this eyeshadow brush.It picks up enough color for me and I use it with cream or powder eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I own this brush for several years.
Yes, it was O.K. until I found out that there are many better brushes out there...
It is too small for eye shadow application.
And it doesn't pick up enough color.
As one of the reviewers already wrote, I would use it for applying concealer, rather than eye shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by staciab82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First I must say I've had this brush for a long time, like 4 years or so. The brush is still soft & smooth, and when I wash it I have no problems. I use this brush mainly for packing color onto my lids. Mine is slightly tapered and is the perfect shape to deposit color right onto my lids and swipe accross. It's great for me with wet formulas, and good for lining the lower lash line as well. The handle is able to stand upright too which is nice. I like this brush and am suprised to see some reviews that are not so good. Overall I love this brush, but maybe it just works with my particular eye shape. I take one lippie off just because it's not so good for blending. But--that's not what I use it for anyway!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by veuveamiot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Keep in mind this is my only basic eyeshadow brush, so I have no direct comparison material.
Pros: very soft bristles. I have no problem with it picking up colour; it delivers a bright and intense colour on me. I love the larger base to stand them upright - it also helps having a proper grip.
Cons: after washing and even when using to foil, the bristles spread. Annoying as hell. They do return to their normal shape after drying, but it's pretty useless wet/damp. Rather expensive for having such limited use.