April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF15

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by neenero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I had listened to the reviews! I bought this because I am using Retin A Micro and having dryer than usual skin. It was very thick and seemed hydrating, though it sat on top of my skin a bit (probably because it was so damn thick and greasy). I used it for about 3 nights and it completely broke me out! I got at least 8 big fat red zits that are finally going down but will scar and not go away completely for months/a year. I was able to return it but I am so mad because I have existing acne and am already working really hard with my dermatologist so I can clear it up, and then this happens. I really do not recommend this moisturizer. It is too thick for acne prone faces and probably clogged my pores. I discontinued as soon as the breakout happened and I haven't had any new zits like the ones I got after starting this.

A product that doesn't break me out is Neutrogena Healthy Defense daily moisturizer (in spf 30 or 45), but it is more expensive for less product which is why I looked for an alternative (I have since gone back to it). I also started using Olay Complete daily moisturizer around my mouth (dryest area) because I don't want to try anything new on the rest of my face, and it's pretty moisturizing so far though I got one tiny whitehead (no big deal so far). Good luck to everyone looking for moisturizers! Hope this review helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by anotherwise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This came to my home at the beginning of my minimalist makeup phase. I was looking for skin care, and saw a new product in the Cetaphil shelf. It is both moisturiser and sunblock, so the engineer in me who loves efficiency said something rare: "perfect".

I'm near the end of the bottle now. I use it with L'Oreal pressed powder (I've yet to be enlightened to foundations). Together, both products are doing well on my face.

I feel SPF15 is sufficient enough for my indoor life. However, I haven't inspected the ingredients and read the science yet to erase all doubts.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this stuff a lot! When i first got it when i rubbed it in, it almost felt like a burning sensation. Also, it left my face looking a little sticky, but maybe I was jsut using it too much. Anyways after using it for a while, I loved it! It makes my skin so smooth and its great it protects against the sun :) Now i really like it, i might try out some other ones but this ones definitely good for dry, normal or oily skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jennimalpas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

READ UPDATE BELOW!
I had run out of my usual day moisturizer (i've been using dove essential nutrients daily face lotion +spf) and i wanted to try something new. I came across this one and thought it would be perfect for me because i love all cetaphil's other products as they are gentle on my skin. The first few times i used this moisturizer it seemed pretty normal, however i wasn't keen on the slightly sunscreen like smell. After a few days of using this, seconds after i applied it my skin felt like it was on fire! it felt so inflamed, hot and had a burning sensation. It also made my skin feel dryer than it was before i put the moisturizer on. I'm very disappointed with this product as i expect so much more from cetaphil, i dont know what they put in it, but it certainly wasn't friendly to my skin!

UPDATE
I decided to use this product for a little longer as i really hoped i would see a miracle (i love cetaphil's other products). I've been using it now for maybe a month, and i would now classify it as just average. Its not burning my skin anymore, but i dont feel it works a miracle either. Its alright (as in it does the job, but nothing amazing), but for the price of it, it isnt worh it. I wont be purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

I really really like this product!
Packaging: Excellent, with a easy to control pump. Turns to open or close so its great for traveling.
Price: On the expensive side for moisturizers for me. I believe it was around $13.
Consistency: Very creamy, right inbetween thick and thin.
Application: One pump covers my entire face. Blends well and soaks into my skin quickly.
Scent: Not highly scented. Smells a little of sunscreen, which I like. No flowers or weird scents.
My skin: Combination/Acne Prone. Mainly my nose is the only oily part and my cheeks and jaw get dry and sometimes flakey. Mainly flake due to acne treatments such as bp.
Overall Opinion: An awesome moisturizer that hydrates the skin quickly. It feels great and doesnt leave any filmy residue behind or just sits there. My skin feels smooth, moisturized, and not dry or flakey. I will be using this instead of my Aveeno.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SlantySlanty

Ouch. If you have sensitive skin, don't purchase this product. On the first application, my skin felt hot and became red and irritated within seconds. It also felt super greasy on the skin and I can still feel the product on my face in the morning after applying it at night. The only benefit this product has is that it does a decent job at moisturizing and hasn't broken me out. However, I'm disappointed. I bought this because it said it was suitable "for all skin types" and since Cetaphil is a brand that has a great rep, I decided to give it a shot and I guess now I'm returning it. Back to you it is, Aveeno.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been doing at home peels and was told to use a neutral moisturizer with a sunscreen to protect and sooth. Cetaphil is supposed to be dermatologist recommended and very gentle by repute, so here we are. My skin is not particularly sensitive, but tends to be dry. This stuff seems to fail on many levels. It feels heavy and slightly greasy on, stings slightly until it's semi-absorbed, and after a few hrs, my skin is dry feeling again! I do hope it at least gives some sun protection as it claims to! I will use this up and be back looking for something better. Maybe Physoderm?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by lalyastarpop

well, i generally love cetaphil because its so gentle on my skin. im in love with the cleanser and the moisturizing cream. however, this facial moisturizer stings!! when i apply it on my face, it burns! ouch. Not so gentle at all. So, i stopped using it on my face and just used it as a body lotion neck down :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by xoxoRachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I discovered this last summer when I started having white spots on my face from swimming. I like this moisturizer better than Olay's daily moisturizier. Cetaphil makes my face feel more protected. It does the basic needs for me, a 15 year old. There's not really a smell, itss basically unscented. The only thing is that it irritates my eyes occasionally.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Heyycasablanca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this moisturizer for about a year when suddenly it began to irritate my skin tremendously. My face would turn red, itch, and burn until I had to wash it off. I do not know what caused my skin to react this way, it was the same bottle I had been using for over a year. I switched to Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer and my skin thanks me! Another issue I had with this lotion was that the ingredients in the moisturizer for "all skin types" and the ingredients in the "sensitive skin" formula were EXACTLY the same. However, one is much more expensive and less amount than the other. I double checked because I own them both. Even though this did not work with my skin, I think it is a good moisturizer nonetheless. If you do not have a sensitive skin issue, I recommend it.