October 21, 2014 | 800 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF15

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by vanessax10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't really say much about the SPF 15 part because I have an allergy to sunscreen (I forgot about it when I bought it - super angry at myself now >:( ). It made my face sooooooo itchy, bumpy and red. But of course, I'm allergic as mentioned earlier so that's not counted in my review.

I was super excited to use this. The packaging itself is really good, with a pump that dispenses very easily. However, when I applied it to my skin, it made my skin feel sticky. Didn't like that feeling. I put the most on my cheeks and below my eyes.

It was expensive too. I'm sad. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combo skin that is flakey and oily at the same time. This moisturizer wore fine under makeup and seemed to sink in after a few minutes. The moisturizing was minimal. After about a week and a half, I started breaking out in painful, deep cysts, ouch! To be fair, almost everything breaks me out. Add another one to the pile for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by missviridian

I bought this product quite a while ago and am reaching out for it more often, as of late. Application-wise it goes on smooth and doesn't leave a white cast on my face. The pump bottle makes for easy dispensing of the product so I don't get too much out in one go! Since it's fragrance free and non-comedogenic, it is quite gentle on my combination, acne-prone skin and does not break me out AT ALL. One downside to this moisturizer however is that it's a little to heavy for me to put on at night. This is not because it's greasy (it's delightfully light on my skin!) but because it seems to be a bit too much when combined with my acne spot treatment. But it works wonders for my daytime skincare routine, especially considering that it has SPF 15 in it. A great product overall and yes, I'd definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

I am quite in shock to see the poor rating on this product. This is my holy grail moisturizer. I've tried lots of moisturizers and none of them moisturizes my skin the way this product does. My skin in some areas is oily but some other are dry and this cream makes my whole face well balanced and it dries super fast and I just love it period. This is my second bottle and is almost gone. This can become quite expensive as it is retailed at $18 but is just so good I will keep on buying. Also has a bonus of having SPF 15 which is good that it's already added since I am not a girl who remembers to protect from the sun but this already takes care of it. I just love this cream!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ohhhleslie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible! I do not have sensitive skin but the moment I put this on I knew it was gonna be bad because it made my skin burn !! I left it on though because I thought my skin would adjust but it didn't. I didn't even apply it near my eyes and my eyes felt like they were on fire and started watering like crazy. This lotion doesn't really feel like it sinks into your skin either , it made me super shiny and oily, like I was wearing a face mask of cooking oil -- not a good feeling. There are better and cheaper alternatives out there, I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by canuck151

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First and last time to ever use this product. I don't have sensitive skin but after ONE application I developed a rash and bumps on my face. It has been five days and my skin has still not cleared up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by kaysae

Unlike most people here, I actually really like this moisturizer. My skin had gotten super dry starting a few months ago and was recommended this one, and I must say that it is fantastic and works really well. I have previously tried neutrogena, olay complete all day moisturizer, cerave am, loreal hydra-renewal, and aveeno positively radiant and the aveeno redness reducer one and none of them work on my dry skin, only cetaphil has. I use it everytime after I shower or wash my face (2-3 times a day) when my face is a bit damp and it works wonders. The texture is also not too thin/runny or thick, I'll probably rebuy after it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Peramesiumeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty disappointed with this since I am a pretty big cetaphil/cerave fan. Didn't give me good enough sun protection, didn't feel great on my face, and was unpleasant smell wise

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by neenero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I had listened to the reviews! I bought this because I am using Retin A Micro and having dryer than usual skin. It was very thick and seemed hydrating, though it sat on top of my skin a bit (probably because it was so damn thick and greasy). I used it for about 3 nights and it completely broke me out! I got at least 8 big fat red zits that are finally going down but will scar and not go away completely for months/a year. I was able to return it but I am so mad because I have existing acne and am already working really hard with my dermatologist so I can clear it up, and then this happens. I really do not recommend this moisturizer. It is too thick for acne prone faces and probably clogged my pores. I discontinued as soon as the breakout happened and I haven't had any new zits like the ones I got after starting this.

A product that doesn't break me out is Neutrogena Healthy Defense daily moisturizer (in spf 30 or 45), but it is more expensive for less product which is why I looked for an alternative (I have since gone back to it). I also started using Olay Complete daily moisturizer around my mouth (dryest area) because I don't want to try anything new on the rest of my face, and it's pretty moisturizing so far though I got one tiny whitehead (no big deal so far). Good luck to everyone looking for moisturizers! Hope this review helps.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by anotherwise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This came to my home at the beginning of my minimalist makeup phase. I was looking for skincare, and saw a new product in the Cetaphil shelf. It is both moisturiser and sunblock, so the engineer in me who loves efficiency said something rare: "perfect".

I'm near the end of the bottle now. I use it with L'Oreal pressed powder (I've yet to be enlightened to foundations). Together, both products are doing well on my face.

I feel SPF 15 is sufficient enough for my indoor life. However, I haven't inspected the ingredients and read the science yet to erase all doubts.

UPDATE:
I'm finally enlightened after reading sunscreen science literature. Unfortunately, SPF 15 and non-dedicated sunscreens are no longer enough for me. I don't even have to check the ingredients of this one. I want more protection!