July 31, 2014 | 1860 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was using this for awhile, but I wouldn't really recommend it. Once I went back to my natural brunette shade, I thought I would give this a try to "enhance" it. It had a nice scent and did give me some shine, but didn't do much else for me. Not especially moisturizing, and didn't leave my hair feeling super clean. Average.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Smells great, cheap, and that's about it. Made my hair fall out in huge clumps like nothing I have ever seen before with any other shampoo. Didn't really maintain my color any better than anything similar on the market, regardless of price. I give it three stars for smelling great, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by emilythompson9

I had been eyeing this shampoo for I have no idea how long! I finally broke down and got it about 2 weeks ago. Normally I use the Biolage by Matrix hydratherapie line but that was starting to take a toll on my bank account!

My hair is dark brown, short, straight but relatively thick and healthy. After the first wash with this shampoo my hair got very light and limp. I figured it might be just the first wash so I continued for my usual 2 week test period. The end result-- EW. My hair ended up looking greasy less than an hour after washing and drying. I've never had this happen to my hair before! The only redeeming quality about this shampoo is it's smell, but even that isn't going to make up for the look.

Needless to say I saved a bit and just went back to the Biolage!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by logant1

I'm pretty hooked on the shampoo and matching conditioner in this range. It keeps my colored hair rich with super shine and smoothness. I have naturally wavy hair and it keeps my curls defined and healthy looking. Every now and then I get tempted by other products but usually regret it and come straight back to this one. Love it. Smells great too. Worth a try ladies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

I think its good. My hair has all over brown on top of blonde highlights and this has totally helped ease me through that adjustment period. Smells weird though.. Reminds me of the hot cocoa in italy. Not bad, but hard to get used to.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by VOGUEx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay i got this when i ran outta my other shampoo and it made me breakout on my head!! and a lil on my face!! the root awakening one did the same thing!! they have Sodium lauryl sulfate as 2nd ingredient and i read that this clogs pores and is very bad. and if i leave this in the shower...when i open it to use water will come outta the cap because water can get thru the cap when someone takes a shower. bad bad bad

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by thecity01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Altought I'm only halfway with the product, so far I really like it. This shampoo makes my hair very soft and shiny. It has a sweet scent, it smells like cocoa/coffee which I also like. However they cost more than any other drugstore shampoos, they still worth the price. I will repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

I love this shampoo. I always, always come back to it even though I love to try other brands.

It's really volumizing, and it does this by acting as a clarifying type of shampoo. It can dry hair out if you don't have a good conditioner to follow, but often that's how it is with most volumizing shampoos. It really does help your hair shine and never weighs it down.

The only reason it will never be 5 stars for me is that I'm not fond of the smell. Originally, I didn't like it and thought it smelt like floral bug spray. Over the years, I've gotten more used to it and I'm ok with it now, but that's one thing that could really be improved. The packaging is great- it helps you get every last bit since it stores upside down.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a generous sample of this which I got 4 uses out of. Even though I have black hair, this shampoo immediately brought out the brown tones! Initially, I loved this shampoo. I was surprised that a shampoo could do that without a lightening agent like hydrogen peroxide or lemon juice (I assume it does not contain these ingredients). After one use, I even entertained the thought that this could be my HG!

However it irritated my sensitive scalp and I developed scalp acne, which is common for me when I use most drugstore shampoos. This one dried out my hair too much. Back to my Selsun Blue!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product will definetly not help your hair if you use it for a long period of time. The bottom line is, this shampoo is damaging. It may be ok in the beginning, but will damage your hair and scalp over time.

For a drugstore shampoo, it's not dirt cheap either (in Europe at least).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No