December 18, 2014 | 1827 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by foxforce45

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Nice consistency and applies nicely to the lashes. The wand/bristles reach those little lashes in the corners. It does smudge under my eyes by the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first ever mascara. All I can remember from using this was hating it. It was clumpy and didn't do anything to my lashes... Now thinking back I recall the packaging breaking on me and it made a mess over everything. Aaah messy memories :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mommyof4girls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful mascara! I've been using black/brown for over a year now and keep repurchasing. Have no desire to look for any other mascara...just go straight to this one every time!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I went out on a limb purchasing this since we've been on a budget to save for the baby. I honestly didn't have great expectations for this mascara, but I was blown away! My HG used to be VS beauty rush mascara, but I can't find it anywhere so I think it's been discontinued. This is my new HG! You can't beat it for $4. I'm a sucker for a curved mascara wand, and this mascara has the option of either the regular wand, or the curved. I will continue to purchase this mascara until they either change the formula, or it winds up discontinued like every other product I love ):

UPDATE: So I took one lippie off because I tried the Professional Super Thick Lash, and that one is so much better than this one! I couldn't believe the amount of length and clumpless volume. I just wish that one came with a curved brush.

EDIT: I purchased another tube and am not really impressed. I thought this was great before, I don't know if there was a formula change? It just kind of left my lashes looking super limp. I've been using this for my lower lashes because the curved brush is the perfect shape and really grabs all the little lashes. I've also noticed that it is a little flaky, which it never was before. I'll use this tube up, but I won't repurchase. I'll keep repurchasing the Super Thick Lash instead - that stuff is A M A Z I N G! It's HG for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ZenArcade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be a surprisingly good "cheap" mascara: goes on nicely with no clumping, leaves lashes soft and not brittle, and the brush size is good if you, like me, dislike the hugely oversized brushes that are so popular now. This mascara doesn't give me huge, dramatic lashes, but it's perfect for everyday wear and comes off easily. This and Almay's mascara are my fave drugstore choices.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by znikolina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing! Very natural looking. Not dry, not liquidy, it's just right. There can be some little bubbles of a very super tiny clump like so small but just press it out with your fingers and it'll be fine and out and you'll look amazing. It applies evenly and smooth, it's just so nice. Best drug-store mascara I think, Falsies has a lot of clumps for me and its makes the lashes look long- some longer than other so it looks silly and over exaggerated.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Good effective old fashioned wanded mascara for a budget price if you are not looking for too much drama however unfortunately this makes my eyes burn and water and then it gets sticky. Generally I love Covergirl mascaras but this one just didn't do it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by oedipamass

Awesome mascara! I am amazed that this is so cheap, effective, and doesn't smudge. Every other mascara I've ever used (except for Blinc) smudges, and I must have tried every mascara in Sephora. It's a fraction of the cost of Blinc and gives me thicker lashes. Love it and will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tori1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is great for anyone wanting to enhance their lashes while still looking natural. I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara because other Covergirl mascaras I've tried I didn't like, including Lashblast.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Pros:
- defines and enhances lashes while still looking natural
- brush is smaller and easy to work with; great for those small inner corner lashes and lower lashes
- VERY affordable; this is fantastic quality for the price
- doesn't smudge and withstands sweating and humidity, but washes off very easily
- separates lashes really well
- if it does smudge from something (rain, crying, swimming, etc.), it wipes off the skin very easily and cleanly using just your fingers
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The only con for me is that it can have a little bit of a dusty sort of flakiness sometimes. Some people may not like that this will not make your lashes dramatic. However, I prefer my lashes to be noticeable, but natural, and this mascara does a fantastic job of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by dreamsandreverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've now gone through several tubes and what a wonderful surprise this was! CG and I generally don't get along for the most part so I'd often bypass it. However, I picked up my first tube from my college's convenience store because it was the end of the year and I had money on my account that couldn't be refunded. I didn't expect to like it, especially as I hated the CG eyeshadows I also bought. (I am not a lashblast fan, either)

As it turns out, this is my favorite everyday mascara. I have it in very black and it's great. This mascara stays all day and doesn't flake or smudge. It won't create va-voom lashes, but it's a step above the natural look. No tarantula leg lashes and no clumps. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.

The price was low - under $5 US in my area. I buy a non-waterproof version with the straight, not curved brush. I have not used the one with a curved brush so cannot comment on it.