November 26, 2014 | 944 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kristinyang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been religiously using this product every night since I was 20 without fail with Estee Lauder's ANR Eye Serum (wow thats more than a decade now!)
Started using this when I got it as a sample & never stopped repurchasing because I loved how it felt on my skin; not sticky & absorbs quickly.
I only use half of the recommended 'full' dropper after toner & recently just added SK-II's FTE into my regime so EL's ANR goes right after that; before the toner & essence dries up so the serum mixed with the liquids absorb faster.
I have tried going off this product a few times but find that I always come back because my complexion looks kinda dull without it. Even my husband seems to realise this without me telling him!
How do I know this works? Easy. I compare my complexion with people up to 5 years my junior; and I am still wrinkle free ;)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by beecky

This product is a huge waste of money. For $80 including tax this is just not worth it. It feels like I'm just putting water on my face and the results are very much the same. The texture is very thin and watery and leaves a slight tacky feeling to the skin, and you then apply your moisturizer. My skin looked no different at all using this product and it's been a month now. It could possibly be breaking me out as well, because I feel like whenever I use it a couple days later I seem to wake up with at least 2 cystic acne spots ... I have no problem shelling out some extra cash if it's for something that really works and does wonders for my skin. This product, however, just does not cut it ! Save your money on this one and get a clarins face oil or some (much cheaper !) cetaphil face cream, which I use at nighttime. Those are what I use in part of my nighttime routine and they're great. Very pissed I spent that much money on this as well ... almost 100 bucks for glorified water that you pat on your face. Such garbage. You're strictly paying for the hype and the brand name. Reviews of women who swear they've used this for years and that it is their secret to youthful looking skin really sucked me in. They must have amazing skin to begin with because this literally does nothing, no positive attributes. Do not buy this, it's a huge waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by quickbrownfox

I'm 24, soon to be 25 and I've been using this for 6 months now to get a better texture and a more even skin tone. I have pale skin with a few acne scars (not the kind of scars that are skin toned indents but the ones that are shallow and pinkish, which are ghosts of acne that healed and just don't want to go away for weeks). It works both to get a better texture and to fight with the uneven skin tone. I definitely get a smoother skin in the mornings and a better color.

It's super expensive, I changed my mind about it occasionally if it was worth it or not but after months I can say that it is worth it. Probably because it has no alternative to it. I have looked at many things and haven't quite found something similar to it that was cheaper. I don't know if it's a consolation but I have been using it for 6 months and I still haven't ran out of it, that's a plus on the price part I guess.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product but it dried my combination skin too much. My skin is prone to dehydration because it doesn't really agree with the weather I live in and this only made it worse. I actually got more dehydration lines and overall dehydrated look when using this. My skin looked parched.

I only used this product for a few weeks (almost three weeks) but had to stop using it because of the issue above. During this time I didn't see any improvement. My chin has been suffering from a horrible breakout (the worse in years) but I am not sure if this aggravated it or caused it because I started using several new products at the same time (I have learned my lesson, believe me!) I am sure it didn't help though.

Not for me I guess... I want to do everything I can to keep my skin hydration levels up and this works against me but drying my skin out.

I don't really know how many lippies to give this because it did nothing for me apart from drying me out, however I am aware that I cannot comment on skin enhancing abilities (and all that jazz) because I haven't used it for long enough... Good job I was given a deluxe sample and didn't buy the full size product.

EDIT: I thought of giving this product a second chance since it's so adored by so many people. However, I found out that it contains two ingredients that are considered highly comedogenic: hydrolysed algin and oleth-3. Because of this I decided not to try it again. I wonder how Estee Lauder can market this serum as 'recommended for every woman of every ethnicity' and 'non-comedogenic' when the mixture contains two ingredients that are established as being highly comedogenic. What a let down, EL!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by heather40

I do use it morning and night. I do find it calms my skin down but can't say it's a miracle serum. it absorbs quickly. I have only been using a week. pleased so far. updating later.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had purchased a bottle of this a couple of years ago and liked it, but had not felt the need to repurchase it as I didn't notice a huge difference. I used it occasionally after that, as Estee Lauder is pretty good about putting samples of this in its GWP.

Then, this winter, my skin was the driest it had ever been. I felt like all the heavy creams I was putting on were only temporarily hydrating, and nothing was actually fixing the problem. I also didn't like the consistency of other serums I was using/ had tried.

I decided to repurchase this as I had a feeling it would solve the problem. And it did! It truly adds moisture, particularly if you seal it in with an actual cream following application of the serum. I also love the consistency, as it absorbs quickly and I don't feel like I'm piling tons of layers of various product on my skin (I use a fair number of products). Even a few months ago when it was still the dead of winter, while using this I no longer saw the flaking and parched skin, and even the lines I sometimes got from dry skin.

I think it has also aided skin texture a bit, although my tone/ texture is quite good already from AHAs and BHAs. I like that this serum not only adds moisture and improves texture, but also is full of good anti-oxidant ingredients for skin. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Jr88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product!, being a 49 yr young women, not old, this product made my skin look the way I felt, I notice my pores were getting larger, more breakouts, I tried this in a free gift ! I used the sample and have already purchased a new larger bottle. It made a real difference , I will be purchasing this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by catherineanastasia

Abso must for everyone! I have tried Lancomes Genefique.. And its not a patch on ANR, I cannot go to sleep without it! My face would feel weird if It didn't get its dose of ANR each night!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by CarlaCatalina

I have this for a year until I finished it.. I use it sparringly since this is soooo expensive 😭💔 I bought this because I've heard so many good things about this serum. Some beauty bloggers even told us it's their Holy Grail product. And it turns out it makes my skin looks radiant and it evens out my complexion. Sure it doesn't happen overnight, but sometimes I feel like it does 😂 When i got pimple, i just dabbed it on, and voila tomorrow it's already gone. The only downside is the price tag. I'm still saving up for my next bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite still having the occasional breakout, I'm getting to the age where I'm starting to notice fine lines. I tried this product hoping to improve the overall appearance of my skin, but it didn't work for me. This felt like a gel mask on my face, one I couldn't peel off. It was uncomfortable and the sensation would wake me up. Each morning after I used it, I would have little clogged pores and inflamed whiteheads.

I returned this product after using it for 2 weeks. It's too expensive to hang onto it if it doesn't work!

Just a bunch of hype.