April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried this product twice and both times found it greasy. I have combination skin; oily on the forehead, nose and chin. This product just made my skin oilier. I felt unclean and greasy using it. Probably works ok if you have dry skin although I didn't find that it helped with fine lines or wrinkles. An over-rated and expensive product if my final comment. Luckily the store refunded my money the second time I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. You only need a tiny amount and the dropper is perfect for that! This is definitely a product you need to use for about a month to notice a difference because remember this REPAIRS the skin from past damage and preventing new ones so it will not work over night. After using for about a year your skin will feel brand new. The scent is neutral, soft, almost not existent. The texture is light and easy to blend and doesn't feel heavy or silliconey. It leaves my skin super soft and refreshed in the morning. After due time I noticed my skin more even and less scars. No breakouts what's so ever. It's my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Missmelisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product! Use during the daytime also is what I've been told for great skin ...and to repair if you go tanning (sometimes !) like me. Also.. If you are 36 why do u have to be in an age bracket to 43? Everyone else's age bracket is a 4 year span for 35 and younger ! Not fair Makeup Alley.... Lol.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by kureitin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With all the reviews, ads, recommendations, I went all in and bought this product. I did not notice any difference, but it did not cause me any problems either. With this price, I definitely will not buy it again..

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by genesis22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not sure about this product it is expencive and doesn't work well

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kiki94x

I bought this product after I used a sample size and I was really satisfied with it: it faded my acne a bit and felt really good on the skin. I bought the big bottle after my birthday and at first, I wasn't happy with this product anymore: it seemed to do nothing for my skin. But now, in the cold winter months, I began using it again (2-3 times a week, using it more gives me spots) and I'm really satisfied. It's really odd: you don't see any actual difference, but when you put it on in the night, you look really good in the morning. Your skin has more color in it, you look more radiant and your make-up applies better. I recommend using it during the winter months (I work as a beauty advisor for Yves Rocher and you shouldn't use serums all year long, since it makes your skin lazy and over-moisturized), not more than 2-3 times a week and I find that applying a thin layer works better than a thick layer: I once made a face mask out of it, and it did absolutely nothing for my, plus I lost like 1/4 of my bottle. I felt really stupid.

I really like the bottle and the packaging: it has a old-school apothecary feel to it and I also really like the smell, but you have to like spicy, medicinal-like scents.

I would definitely recommend it, but it's very pricey, and you don't have to use it all year long.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by HeidiDriesen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this product, bought it because I needed to do something for my skin after neglecting it for way too long.
So I put all my money out and went to get this.
My skin feels and looks so much better in the morning and it doesn't give me blemishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by GraceLin80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product broke me out within a few hours. I wouldn't try it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As a guy on MuA, skincare is more important than makeup. That's what I have more knowledge in, and where I can be of greater help.

I got a deluxe sample size of this serum (Synchronized Recovery Complex II) as a gift with purchase and decided to try it during a recent trip. The ingredients looked nice enough to replace my usual products, which ironically costs much less. Actually, I should mention that Estee Lauder is one of the few high end brands whose skincare items I do not immediately toss away. Yes Shiseido, I'm talking about u Babe.

I liked it. I applied it in the morning despite the name, before my sunscreen, right after my BHA. It has a slightly sticky fluid gel texture that doesn't leave any shine and has a faint sweet cherry scent. I attributed it to the different natural ingredients. Thankfully, It absorbed quickly and did not affect the application of my sunscreen in any negative way, even when I applied it right away.

So.. I did finish the sample... Did I notice a difference?.. Not that much. It's been a while that I take care of my skin and honestly did not expect this serum to be a miracle product. But I'm aware that some very good ingredients are in there and they do help, I have no doubt. The packaging is nice as well.. hygienic, sturdy, and efficient.

My main criticism is the price. I know of several other products that are just as good - if not better - and cost much less. In fact, if I shop smartly I can put together a complete skincare regimen with the cost of just this one product. So, I couldn't possibly justify a purchase. With so many options available nowadays I would never have to spend more than $25 on a single item especially after considering sales.

But I do recommend this serum if you are having difficulties finding a serum with a suitable texture, or simply enjoy spending some extra money on yourself. We do live in a material world.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by aliceayres

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this to work for me; however, my skin just didn't like it but I am pretty certain that most people that tried this would fall in love with it. GET A SAMPLE and try it, please. I had tried the older version, and it was amazing. Dark spots disappeared, my skin felt soft and supple, and I just RADIATED. I stopped using it because I was really just too poor to purchase it (thank you, college!). I had the same thing happen with this formula... for a week. Then, I began breaking out. I was wondering if it was an external factor (stress, hormones?) so I tried it again. I broke out, YET AGAIN. I am terrified because I'm not quite sure I will find something that was so amazing as the original formula.

THAT being said, I have had success using this as a spot treatment. I am guessing that the clarifying element that was added is the culprit of my breakouts. It's probably just too strong for my acne-prone and very reactive skin. So, it's basically a very expensive spot treatment. Since I use so little of it now, I am betting that I will get a lot of use out of it.