Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade

4.1

Aqueous Extracts of Aloe, Kelp, Flaxseed, Oleth-10 (Plant Oils), PEG 25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin (Coconut Oil), Isopropyl Palmitate (Palm Oil), Diisopropyl Dimerate (Mineral Oil Substitute), Sorbitol (Corn), Hydroxypropyl Bisstearyldimonium Chloride (Detangler), Methyl Gluceth-20 (Corn), Aveda's Own Pure, Natural Preservative Fragrance Containing Geranium & Other Essential Oils, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Methylparaben (Food Grade), Propylparaben (Food Grade), Diazolidinyl Urea (Allantoin)

I've been using this for a few years now and it's truly one of my "can't do without" products. Love it! It does wonders for my naturally curly hair. I live in the deep South where humidity is a problem nearly year 'round and this pomade really helps with the frizzies. It gives separation to my curls and also provides nice shine and bounce. If it didn't cost so much, I'd give it a 5!

I have been using this product for over 10 years! Once in awhile I have swayed away to try other items but always come back to my lovely pomade. I have curly hair and use this all year round. I mix it with a bit of pantene curling mousse and my curls are just lovely! I always get compliments on how good my hair smells. A little goes a long way! If you use to much, it's grease city. LOVE this!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I had bought this product many months ago and used it a bit, and then put it away. I reacquainted myself with it last month, and have really become addicted to it!

I use it mostly over my gel when I bun or ponytail my hair to minimize gel crunch and to add some humectants to my hair. This product works very well to provide texture definition, and minimize flyaways. I have super curly (type 4) hair, and so using a big finger full works just fine. A jar lasts me about two or three months with daily usage, so it's worth the price in my book. The scent is pleasant, and oddly comforting. Using this on a rainy day "can" cause a little frizz because it's drawing moisture from the humidity, but that's not a real problem for me because that's what it's supposed to do.

I am so surprised that no one has mentioned that this stuff removes nail polish. I bought this after getting a pixie cut and I loved the way it made my hair look, feel, and smell. I thought I had found my HG hair product, but soon after I noticed my polish was gummy and soft, so I removed it and put on clear Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, and soon noticed it was gummy too, right after I touched my hair. I don't know what is in this that makes it do that, because otherwise I love it. It's so much better than American Crew, which is what I switched from. Probably won't repurchase tho...It's sad.

This is one of my favorite pomades, the other one being Water Wax by Redken. However, the price is somewhat high. It does last a long time since you don't need much. I have curly hair and this does a great job of making it shiny and separating out the curls so it doesn't look as frizzy. Love the scent too. I would give it five lippies if it wasn't so costly.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The Aura brand version of this was good but the scent was offensive to my husband and eventually to me so I chucked it, broke down and purchased the Aveda pomade.

First thing I did before forking over the cash was to smell it. The scent was very light and close to being undetectable when applied. Next was the price....$18 for a 2.6 ounce tub....HOLY CRAP! A bit pricey but works so well. The packaging is very pretty with the cobalt blue tub but nothing groundbreaking.

I do like the way the tub goes "boing" when you tap it!!!

The price is the only this that would stop me from buying again.

Wow! Finally something perfect from Aveda. And a great new addition to my hair styling routine.

I've been "blessed" with long, curly, coarse hair, which, as you all know, can often become a frizzy mess. I put a dollop of this through my hair after running the iron through it, and it leaves the curls silky and wavy. Perfect! And well worth the high price. I'd pay $50.00 for this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This product is a lifesaver for my dry, very coarse and thick hair. It smoothes flyaways and tames frizzy hair. I used this on a summer trip to Japan and even in the extremely humid weather, my hair didn't frizz as it usually does. It's expensive, but as others have mentioned, a little goes a long way. I can get one bottle to last about 8 months. I imagine if you have fine hair this product might be too heavy or greasy, but with my type of hair, this is definitely an HG product for me.

I have finally found it--a FABULOUS product for my dry, thick, coarse hair! My brow waxer suggested this to me and I bought it, thinking I'd be disappointed. But I LOVE it! It's rather pricey but a little goes a very long way. I use this product during the day, when my hair is dry. (I use Biosilk Silk Therapy and Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme when it's wet.) Just a little on the ends and it really helps. Plus it smells amazing!

When I had long hair, this was nice to use in dry weather to prevent static flyaway. Now I have short, straight hair, so I don't reach for this anymore.

PROS - Definitely makes my hairstyle look shinier. I like to mix a little of this in my hand with styling gel/hold product to amp the shine a bit, that works nicely.

CONS - Use sparingly! - there is a very fine line between soft shiny effect and greasy icky hair.

Overall - Distinct Aveda aroma. Actually, I'm not sure I really notice a difference between this and the Anti-Humectant version on my hair, but I do prefer the clear jelly texture of the Humectant over the the lumpy white mess of the Anti-Humectant. Looks and feels like a gel, feels cleaner and not oily on my hands like the Anti-Humectant pomade. Nice sturdy packaging, though I would like to see a travel-friendly version as well. Three lippies - nice scent, good shine, good flyaway preventative, but you have to be careful with the amount; I could live without this now that I have short hair.
continued >>