April 19, 2014 | 1862 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by NeufChatel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does what it says! This was the first scrub I had ever used that was specifically for clearing blackheads. I thought I'd give it a try since I did not want to go buying a whole new skincare routine from a department store. I've been using the glycerin soap by Pears, and Seabreeze as my toner/astringent. Those are working fine but my skin felt clogged... To exfoliate I was using Target brand (Up&Up) version of St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I worked ok but I was using a moisturizer that broke me out a little and caused blackheads. This scrub from Neutrogena really did the trick. My skin has cleared up alot from one use. I scrubbed last night and this morning my makeup went on much better. My skin feels like it really got a deep cleaning from the scrub. Its supposed to be a daily scrub, but my skin would do better with just a few times a week. Using a face product with acne treatment daily is a bit much and can dry out the skin if you're not careful. At least its true in my case. But anyway, I like this scrub and will keep using it to keep my skin clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by cocomotion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

1- Gentle on skin & can be used on a daily basis

2- Does eliminate blackheads & prevent new ones IF used daily

3- Removes makeup

4- Doesn't smell bad

Have & will buy again & again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

This scrub was so-so. It definately didnt eliminate any of my blackheads, so I ended up binning it. Cheap, but so are the effects. Also noticed that it has some really harsh chemical ingredients. No thanks! I prefer now to use natural products, and find these do a better job anyway. This is a scrub for people who dont need something heavy duty

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only used this once so far but it worked quite well. My skin felt a little warm and tingly when I put it on and then cool and fresh once I washed it off. It made my skin look clear and calm, which is good because my sensitive skin is prone to redness and blotchiness. I like it so far.

EDIT: I won't be buying this again. After a while my skin didn't feel as smooth or look as fresh as when I first used it and my skin started to feel a bit irritated.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Suikerklontje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent scrub! This product does what it promises: it eliminates blackheads. I've been using this scrub for about a month now and I couldn't be more happy. I only had some blackheads around my nose and on my chin, and this has taken care of it. Already 90% is gone, as well as much of the redness around my nose. I use it every evening as part of my daily routine and my skin seems to tolerate it perfectly.

Usage: Wet your face with lukewarm water. Squeeze out an amount of product the size of a large peanut, apply all over your face in gentle, circular motion. Pay extra attention to the areas with blackheads. Gently scrub your face for a few minutes. Rinse again with lukewarm water. Pat dry and apply your favourite moisturizer.

A few remarks though:

- this product has quite a strong smell to it. It may not appeal to everyone! I'm not really bothered by it and my boyfriend even loves the smell, but I can imagine other people being not so happy about it.

- I don't think you should use this product as often as I do if your skin is sensitive. The scrub is quite coarse.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by SableMelody

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a little while ago and have used it intermittently and I've only recently started to use it properly. And I wish I hadn't. I have noticed that my blackheads have gotten fainter but with that my skin's gotten so rough looking and I get acne now even though I never used to! This stuff is really terrible for sensitive skin, it's going in the trash and I'm definitely not repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by CreamyGardenia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't realize we had Neutrogena prods here.. I've been wanting to try some things for years but never saw any. I am 51 and really don't have blackheads, but I was looking for something to handle some clogged pores, some of which I've been battling for years. Nothing has worked! I am not kidding, I bought this on a Friday, today is a Tuesday, used it perhaps 4x (alternating with the gentler MicroSomething scrub, which also has Salacylic acid in it) and use Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion (yep, Salacylic acid there, too, though in low amounts) and I swear there is already a 50% improvement in clogged pores! Scrub gently.. be easy on your skin, ladies.. I wish I'd known this earlier in life.. learned it from an aesthetician about 1.5 yrs ago.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by pigletisgay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh gosh.
I wanted this to work so badly!
However, it does nothing to improve my mild acne of clogged pores (blackheads, rough skin tone).Its too light a cleanser I guess. Sounded so promising though.
So bummed. Anyone who has better recs for my skin problems, PM me please :)
I'll update when I'm halfway done with the tube.
Peace!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by annikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG! I am so disappointed in this product. I really wanted it to work as I have had terrible blackheads all over my nose for years. But instead of eliminating my blackheads it gave me big, sore cystic acne bumps on my chin, and right before Christmas! :( Thank goodness for concealer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

don't know why, but my skin reacted so badly like never before... normally neurogane products work well but this one was like hell.. will have to be more careful in the future..