October 31, 2014 | 1376 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - Corrective Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2006 11:55:00 PM More reviews by diva2themax

I have the #0 (clear basically) one & love it. I like how it smooths out your skin & evens it out just a bit without feeling heavy at all. That's my gripe w/ all the other primers (Smashbox etc). It smooths on easy doesn't feel greasy at all & my base looks perfect all day. Highly recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

In varied shades, you're guaranteed to find the perfect one for your purposes. Having said that, I'm not a huge fan of this product's performance. If you're planning on using, say, the green one for redness correction, you're probably best to buy a small jar with a waxier texture as opposed to this, which is goopier and harder to manage. The consistency is quite thin, which I thought would have been great for controlling the amount, but it's too thin and really just doesn't work all that well. While it does feel slightly easier to apply foundation after (using Neutral), it's not worth the cost. For a great primer, Smashbox is it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2006 9:03:00 AM More reviews by andreat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing shade #0 (neutral)
It seems a little thick when we pour it out of the tube, but it goes on really smooth. The spf18 is a fantastic plus. I applied it before my EL Double Wear foundation and it worked perfectly. I am not giving 5 lippies because I used it only once (I would like to test it with other foundations) and thought I could compare with #5 shade (blue), which is supposed to brighten fair skins. Anyway, it is a very high quality product and keeps its promises.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by EHdez7

I was a little hesitant about this product at first, seems really emollient and I have an oily t-zone. I used this under my mineral makeup (powder) and loved it! The weather has been changing and I started noticing that my nose was starting to get flaky and using powder makeup accentuated it but when I used this primer in conjunction with it, my mineral makeup buffed on so much smoother and it just looked like gorgeous, smooth skin. People didn't even believe I was wearing powder! I apply it with my fingers, I think you'd waste a lot with a brush because a little goes a long way, not sure how this would do when I'm more oily in the summer or under liquid but its amazing under mineral makeup, a must for combo/drier skins who are experiencing some dryness with their mineral powder makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by trieste

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this in #0 (makeup primer). After trying several high end primers, this one I must say is the best. I have dry skin and use this after moisturizing and end up with a clear, flawless complextion after I apply MUFE face and body foundation. It certainly makes my skin glow. It also helps control the shine in the T zone area. Highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Mauve (lavender). I was a little skepitcal at first and was afraid it would make me pale and grayish. I have combination Acne prone skin. I apply it with my fingers and smooth it out quickly because it dries rather fast. It defintely brightens up my complexion! I really like this base. Better than the Smashbox Primer. The Smashbox primer left my skin feeling greasy and this base doesnt. My Mineral Makeup lasts longer, which is what I was looking for in a primer/base. This works perfect for me. I might try the other colors that are suited for my skin tone. Will Definitely Re purchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by halfieBC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is OKAY but i wouldnt say great. It smells quite bad and makes my skin feel very oily and shiny. I will not be repurchasing this product again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 9:50:00 PM More reviews by AngieJolie

I bought #0 and as it does prep my skin for foundation, i don't believe that it does even out my complexion. I use moisturizer than the corrector on top. I use Mat Velvet and a bit of Super Mat Loose Powder on top. The end result i get is a somewhat flawless complexion -but not perfect. My makeup lasts all day and i agree with the other reviewer, it helps to mattify the t-zone. This product definitely lasts long because you only need a tiny pea size to cover your entire face. The FPS 18 is a great bonus too (Make Up For Ever is very conscious about protection; lipsticks, foundations, powders, and correctors, and other products contain FPS). Overall, it's a great product to use occasionally when you need to be completely polished up.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by floatinglili

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff sat in the drawer for AGES, I bought the blue one on recommendation for my wedding and didn't know how to use it. But eventually, I dragged it out, and I have to say, I'm impressed!
It is difficult to use these kinds of products. I use a foundation brush to get a very thin layer where I need it (mostly on the T-zone), then kind of 'rub' it into my skin with my fingers - just like I do with my foundation in fact, although I'm pretty happy going without foundation when I've got this stuff on.
It evens out skin tone, and actually cuts down the shinies.
I held back on using this product for ages becos I was worried about too much product on the fact, after moisturiser etc etc, but actually, it's quite handy for providing a 'no-makeup makeup' look. But a little goes a long way, and you do have to blend well.
A professional product, that might be beyond the scope or interest of the more casual makeup user.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 5:25:00 AM More reviews by rosie6682

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin. It's hard for me to buy make up (foundation, powder). This product works perfect for me. It's light and it does a wonderful job. I use purple and natural.
It is a bit pricy but it's worth it in my opinion.
This is the only makeup base that doesn't break me out, doesn't cause allergic reaction, and doesn't make my face oily.
When I only want a light coverage, I just apply the makeup base on with powder on top, no foundation and it works just WONDERFUL!!
I will keep buying it for sure!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!