NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss

4.3

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

on 10/25/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ok, so here is my mixed review on this lipgloss. I love the color (I have French Kiss and Beige (which is pink by the way) ) and the ONLY issue I have with the lipgloss is that when you shut it, it smudges all out of the tube all over EVERYTHING!!!! It has ruined the inside of my purses because it just get's everywhere. I am sure I have lost 1/2 the product to napkins when wiping it off the tube...so not sure what part of the applicator needs tweeked, but something definitely does. I can find better quality tubes for less money.

on 9/14/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE these. They smell great. They taste great. They're creamy. They're shiny. They aren't sticky. They're inexpensive. There's a decent colour range. They stay on well.

Seriously just try them out. The consistency varies a little between them and the smell varies as well. I've tried a few and I love them all.

The only issue I have is sometimes if gloss gets on the edges, a little will come out when you screw it closed. But no biggie.

PS: Target in Toronto and the GTA have started to get NYX products! YES!!!! (I'm so excited!)

on 7/17/2013 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

These lip glosses are pretty nice. It is really shinny however the consistency of each one is different. I bought 6. Sugar pie, beige, natural, chandelier, tea rose, and copper penny. Sugar pie was kinda sticky and was really light but pigmented. It made me look washed out though, but that's just me. As for natural and beige, they are both sticky as well. However copper penny, chandelier, and tea rose aren't sticky. Weird. Also they all sneer kinda weird in my opinion. Sorta like cherry coughs medicine. But it's not terrible, doesn't bother me. Overall it stays on pretty long maybe a few hours, looks nice, and are super pigmented . I do like nyxs butter lip glosses much more though :)

on 7/17/2013 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

*smells bad and chemically
* poor lasting power
* gives me pimples around the lips

on 7/12/2013 10:44:00 AM

These glosses are awesome but smell terrible! It's a strong cherry medicine scent and it seriously made me gag. I had to return it.

on 6/11/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

PROS:
*LOTS of gorgeous colors to chose from (my personal favorite is french kiss)
*thin, sleek packaging. not a a big chunky thing.
*smells AMAZING. Like Hawaiian punch. Yummm
*NOT STICKY! Very smooth and creamy.
*Color has great staying power. Lasted a good 4 hours on me without any touch ups.
*Price was about 3 dollars at my Ulta store. Amazing! Way better than a 15 dollar Mac gloss or something.

CONS:
NONE

on 5/28/2013 10:50:00 AM

I have beige(which is actually pink) and perfect. Beautiful colors. Great color pay off. Last a long time. Love.

on 5/16/2013 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip gloss. I bought the sugar pie one. Smells wonderful. Love the color and makes my lips feel soft. I will be buying more colors :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was actually shocked when I was looking at all of my previous reviews and could not find this one in the mix! I bought this lipgloss in 'Sponge Cake' around a year and a half ago and I haven't repurchased it yet since my tube isn't done. First off, the formulation of this lip gloss is amazing. I'm just going to come out and say it- I HATE LIPGLOSS. Its sticky and thick and your hair get stuck in it and it transfers awkwardly during a kiss....but this one doesn't and I think thats why I love it so much. It has all the great properties of lipstick but is in lipgloss form and most importantly....it isn't sticky! The smell of this lipgloss reminds me of grape fluoride from the dentist which now that I have made that connection, I am not a huge fan of but its really no big deal. This lipgloss isn't incredibly long lasting but I always find it funny when people say they are since I've tried just about every formulation under the sun and....none of them last that long- its the nature of the product. Sponge Cake is a really pretty color that is a reddy-orange, mostly leaning towards the red side of the spectrum and it has really pretty shimmer. It annoys me that NYX always names their products totally opposite to what they are when it comes to colour names but that doesn't truly matter- these are fantastic!

on 4/23/2013 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Looks really nice in the packaging even looks expensive, but the consistency is too thin, I really prefer more sticky glosses because I feel they stay on longer and makes the colors show better. Really I would compare this to a wet n wild lip gloss which I've used before and is a under $2. Definitely not impressed and would not repurchase, would go back to wet n wild for a little over a buck over this.

Popular Lip Glosses