Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

3.9

Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, PEG-60 Gyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Limonene, Serine, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Tocopherol

on 1/27/2013 11:40:00 PM

I am totally happy with this cleanser, I have normal to dry skin, yellow tone, and I use some tinted product in the day time. It's product is able to clean light makeup with rich foam and not causing dryness. And I used it twice a day and it last for more than half a year. I couldn't feel the brightening effect like it claims, but it's just a cleanser for 30 something bucks, don't expect too much.

on 1/4/2013 8:56:00 PM

i HATED this cleanser. for some reason it smells nice in the package but quite horrible when I actually used it on my face. Furthermore, it gives that "squeaky clean" texture on your face that I really don't like and it feels extremely drying. Also my face itched really bad after using the brightening products. I know it's not supposed to help with acne, but it made my acne a lot worse for me and it was just not worth it.
It was expensive and ineffective for me.
DON'T BUY IT.

on 12/30/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a travel size version of this cleanser and I only use it when I travel. I travel about 3-4 weeks out of a year and this travel size tube has lasted me for at least 2 years, which really tells you a little goes a long way with this cleanser. It foams up very well and definitely leaves your face feeling clean. It can be drying for people with dry skin so be sure to use moisturizer. Overall, love this cleanser and wishes I had the funds to purchase this repeatedly!

on 12/26/2012 3:37:00 AM

Cleanses my skin well without irritating it or stripping it of its oils. Can be a little more drying in the winter, but I just apply a little more moisturizer. Does make my face brighter and has a pleasant smell that isn't too overbearing.

on 11/2/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth. Can feel drying if you have dry skin. Just need half a pea sized amount to clean off the face of any excess makeup your makeup remover may leave behind. Brightening effect is temporary.

on 10/22/2012 10:53:00 PM

This is the only brand and line of facial wash product I use nowadays. I wasn't a facial wash person while growing up. So when I was introduced into it, I played with various brands: Shiseido, Lancome, Usana, Body Shop, Benefit, Biore, Biotherm, Vichy, etc. Shiseido has been the best for my skin. It's moisturizing, and the reason why I really like this brightening line is it actually does work for me. However, I didn't get the "brightening" effect in the beginning. So when I decided to cleanse my face with the wash for 30 seconds, morning and night, I saw results! In less than 2 weeks, my face was actually whiter.

I have tried other brightening facial washes, but this one is the best. It never makes my face feel tight. I have no allergic reaction to it (I have sensitive skin). I am the type of person who will get pimples if I wash my face day and night. However, this has not given me pimples at all. A little goes a long way too.

The downside is the cost. That's why I like to wait for warehouse or special sales.

on 9/14/2012 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've used Shiseido cleansers for years and years and years, and every time I tried to switch it to something different, I always came back. Usually I'd buy The Skincare extra gentle cleansing foam but I decied to go with White Lucent one.
The first thing I should say: I wasn't expecting it to be that good. Second of all: I'd rather never go back to anything else that I've used.
About my skin: sensitive, very dry, very fair, prone to redness and now I am somewhere in the middle of trying to get rid of blocked pores I got from a cleansing milk.
Since I am very very fair, I don't get any whitening effect on my skin, but I definitely get the illuminating, brightening one. And this is a good thing. My natural skintone is a bit ashy, and if I am under a lot of stress, or don't get enough beauty sleep my skin just looks very tired and dull. With this Cleansing Foam, I almost forgot about tired skin look.
Also, it cleanses extremely thorough, so I've noticed that my pores stay clean longer in between masks, etc. It completely removes all my foundation/base/hightlier/blush, leaving the skin soft and very smooth. I don't know how it will remove eye makeup just because I don't remove mascara with it.
Also, a great thing is that a little goes a long way, lasts me about 7-9 months a tube. Since the product isn't excatly cheap, it is a good thing.
Overall, love-love-love.

on 8/21/2012 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Switched to this because I was in NYC, and they didn't have Witch, which I used to use. This is good, and despite the nett price, a little blob goes a long way and is sufficient for cleansing.

I used to go through a bottle of Witch (SGD13/USD10 each) every 2.5-3 months.
1 year = SGD13 x 5 = SGD65
With Shiseido, SGD52-60 can last me an entire year. Somehow it works out to less than a drugstore brand :) I'm sold!

Also, I've become fairer :) From NC20- NC15.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the entire White Lucent line and my skin had never looked more even! I have darker areas on my skin due to waxing and that sort of thing, but this definitely helped lighten the areas and give my skin an overall brighter look! If scars are an issue, this is also fabulous with lightening those as well. It's also quite gentle so it's perfect for those with sensitive skin. It leaves your skin feeling so clean and fresh.

If the price is what's holding you back, definitely look into the Shiseudo warehouse sale! But even so, I would definitely definitely recommend!

on 5/22/2012 2:15:00 PM

This cleanser is gentle enough for my normal/dry skin. I only need very little to create a rich lather for the face. I wear liquid foundation during the day, and this gets rid of all the makeup perfectly. The smell is pretty too. My skin now gets complemented for looking healthier and brighter, and this never used to happen because I'd have dry skin by the middle of the day (dry skin AND breakouts!). This surprisingly also lightened my face overall. For the girls who want to completely get rid of dark spots or acne discolorations, this may not be the right product. I've used this cleanser along with the toner and the moisturizer a bit more than 3 weeks, and it only slightly lightened my discolorations. Since I get active acne, I can tell that my current scars aren't as dark.