September 19, 2014 | 1861 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by erasgem

This is the only brand and line of facial wash product I use nowadays. I wasn't a facial wash person while growing up. So when I was introduced into it, I played with various brands: Shiseido, Lancome, Usana, Body Shop, Benefit, Biore, Biotherm, Vichy, etc. Shiseido has been the best for my skin. It's moisturizing, and the reason why I really like this brightening line is it actually does work for me. However, I didn't get the "brightening" effect in the beginning. So when I decided to cleanse my face with the wash for 30 seconds, morning and night, I saw results! In less than 2 weeks, my face was actually whiter.

I have tried other brightening facial washes, but this one is the best. It never makes my face feel tight. I have no allergic reaction to it (I have sensitive skin). I am the type of person who will get pimples if I wash my face day and night. However, this has not given me pimples at all. A little goes a long way too.

The downside is the cost. That's why I like to wait for warehouse or special sales.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by KirRoyal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used Shiseido cleansers for years and years and years, and every time I tried to switch it to something different, I always came back. Usually I'd buy The Skincare extra gentle cleansing foam but I decied to go with White Lucent one.
The first thing I should say: I wasn't expecting it to be that good. Second of all: I'd rather never go back to anything else that I've used.
About my skin: sensitive, very dry, very fair, prone to redness and now I am somewhere in the middle of trying to get rid of blocked pores I got from a cleansing milk.
Since I am very very fair, I don't get any whitening effect on my skin, but I definitely get the illuminating, brightening one. And this is a good thing. My natural skintone is a bit ashy, and if I am under a lot of stress, or don't get enough beauty sleep my skin just looks very tired and dull. With this Cleansing Foam, I almost forgot about tired skin look.
Also, it cleanses extremely thorough, so I've noticed that my pores stay clean longer in between masks, etc. It completely removes all my foundation/base/hightlier/blush, leaving the skin soft and very smooth. I don't know how it will remove eye makeup just because I don't remove mascara with it.
Also, a great thing is that a little goes a long way, lasts me about 7-9 months a tube. Since the product isn't excatly cheap, it is a good thing.
Overall, love-love-love.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by kikulicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Switched to this because I was in NYC, and they didn't have Witch, which I used to use. This is good, and despite the nett price, a little blob goes a long way and is sufficient for cleansing.

I used to go through a bottle of Witch (SGD13/USD10 each) every 2.5-3 months.
1 year = SGD13 x 5 = SGD65
With Shiseido, SGD52-60 can last me an entire year. Somehow it works out to less than a drugstore brand :) I'm sold!

Also, I've become fairer :) From NC20- NC15.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by surleslevres14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the entire White Lucent line and my skin had never looked more even! I have darker areas on my skin due to waxing and that sort of thing, but this definitely helped lighten the areas and give my skin an overall brighter look! If scars are an issue, this is also fabulous with lightening those as well. It's also quite gentle so it's perfect for those with sensitive skin. It leaves your skin feeling so clean and fresh.

If the price is what's holding you back, definitely look into the Shiseudo warehouse sale! But even so, I would definitely definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is gentle enough for my normal/dry skin. I only need very little to create a rich lather for the face. I wear liquid foundation during the day, and this gets rid of all the makeup perfectly. The smell is pretty too. My skin now gets complemented for looking healthier and brighter, and this never used to happen because I'd have dry skin by the middle of the day (dry skin AND breakouts!). This surprisingly also lightened my face overall. For the girls who want to completely get rid of dark spots or acne discolorations, this may not be the right product. I've used this cleanser along with the toner and the moisturizer a bit more than 3 weeks, and it only slightly lightened my discolorations. Since I get active acne, I can tell that my current scars aren't as dark.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you like your skin "squeaky clean" this is the cleanser for you. A pea-sized dab is all you need, so the tube lasts forever. It's not cheap at $35 USD, but my tube has lasted about 6 months of mostly regular use. This stuff foams up really well and takes off most makeup in one go. It will struggle with some mascaras or heavy eye makeups if you don't use something else first. It's never broken my combo skin out, caused redness or irritation. The soft plastic tube works well in the shower.

One caveat and the reason I gave it 4 instead of 5: since it does give that squeaky clean feeling, it can be drying. I don't have the most sensitive skin, but every now and then I'd give myself a break from this for a couple days as I just felt things were a little dry. Not irritated or itchy or anything. Just in need of a bit more moisture. If you've got oily skin, this would probably work really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by duncansmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! My skin is fair and sensitive. This does not make my skin red and unhappy, but fresh and clean. You only need a MINISCULE amountt, I mean like the size of a pea or less to have a nice foamy face that feels great afterwards. I partner this with the white lucent night cream and my skin looks younger, healthier, and clearer in just a couple months. I will definitely purchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Nika55555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Best of the Best of the Best....... Love it. Brightens, Cleans, Smells Amazing. Soft but powerful to clean. I will buy it again and again. The tube lasts forever - only pea size amount is enough. Half of it gone only in 7 month - can you believe it?!!! 7 more month to go. 35$ will pay you off for sure. I wash twice a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by dylla88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before i use this cleanser:
1. Occasionally breakouts...
2. Uneven skin tone

After 1 week using:
1. Skin getting better and feel soften
2. Skin looks brighter.

I have been non stop using this for two years. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by CodyP5279

I LOVE this cleanser. Using it just feels like such a treat for my skin. It's actually kind of a small bottle for the price, but I literally only need like a teeny tiny dot to wash my entire face in a huge lather, so I could see this lasting a very long time. The best thing about this cleanser is the texture, it just feels like silk on my skin. Its very thick, but really effortless to spread, and it lathers up the more water you add. Afterwards my skin feels ridiculously soft (as though I had just exfoliated) and this product is not abrasive, so that's impressive. I use it with the shiseido face brush (which is also amazing and I could go on for days about) but I have also just used my hands in a pinch. I would DEFINATELY reccomend this product to anyone. It just leaves my face feeling so clean and fresh and soft. This is the first face wash that made me feel pampered. I Love this whole line, and I think it's getting a bad reputation from all the people who are using it incorrectly. It seems a lot of people bought it to cure their acne, or scars, of oily skin. That is not what this line is for, and therefore they are disappointed. This line is to brighten skin from dark and age spots and to moisturizer dryer skin. If you have redness from acne and oily skin, this line is the opposite of what you need. I think they have unrealistic expectations for a product to do something that it doesn't even claim to do. For those problems I wouldn't recommend any shiseido products, I would reccomend proactive or Clinique.