October 30, 2014 | 1667 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Root Beer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this shadow. I thought my favorite Nyx shadow was Hawaiian Coffee but when I bought Root Beer, I just fell in love with it. I mainly pair it with Creamy or Taupe, also Nyx shadows. These are my favorites when I need to throw some basics in a bag for an overnight trip or if I'm just not feeling very creative with my eye makeup. They are very blendable and I am a sucker for earth tones. I read about it being a "taupe" color and while I consider it more of just a pretty brown, it is still a beautiful color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not really sure why everyone is referring to this as taupe. The proper definition of taupe is brownish grey, and there's nothing grey about this. Nor is it anything like MAC Satin Taupe. It may share the plummy undertone of MAC Moth Brown but only slightly. It's a shade darker than Moth Brown and Root Beer doesn't have the dimension of undertones that MB has. In my opinion, it's a nice, deep plummy brown. Is it worth rushing out to get? It's not a bad shadow..Don't get me wrong. It just doesn't deserve all the hype in my opinion. So, unless it's readily available to you, or you get it in a swap..don't bother I'm sure you already have something similar.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oooooo I like this eyeshadow, I barely tried it the other day, Ive had it for months, and I am loving it, I just used over my lid by itself and puut some liner and mascara and it looked gooood! Next time I want to smoke it out and see how it looks. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After having missed out on the beloved and coveted MAC Moth Brown, I began having serious cravings for a plummy-taupe-brown-gray with a slight shimmer. This is it. I can't say for sure that this is an exact match for Moth Brown, but it is definately REALLY close. The texture is smooth and blendable and the pigmentation is good too, especially when one factors in that this shadow is a mere $5 USD. Much cheaper than MAC (especially when forced to buy a discontinued limited edition shade on Ebay as one would have to for Moth Brown). So far I really like it and would buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by spookycat

Wonderful shade for my eyes. It's not wonderful at staying on, but it's not terrible. These eyeshadows by NYX are very cheap too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by SugaryMimi

i love this color! it goes so well with my No.2 favorite eye shadow named Peach Bronze(also NYX's) love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ndoodles

Really like the color but staying power (not for just this but most of the NYX shadows I own) is terrible. I take off a few lippies for this fact but I do love the color. Too dark for me to use for lid for everyday use but make a great crease shade :D!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by UnityDivides

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful color and great staying power, especially with a base. Root Beer is a medium cool-toned taupe shadow. It makes a great smokey eye with a little black liner and lots of mascara. I don't usually look good in earth tones, but this color must be universally flattering, because it looks gorgeous even on me. NYX shadows are so soft and pigmented, you just can't go wrong. And you sure can't beat the price. I'd definitely purchase Root Beer again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by taylor1522o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome taupe eyeshadow. I think it has a bit of a golden undertone rather than a silvery-taupe so it's pretty for the summer with nice bronze skin. It looks nice by itself but is also perfect for a smokey eye. Cheap and good pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by valdezc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the packaging for all NYX single eyeshadow. It gives the round shapes a run for their money. It's always fun to have something different! As for the famous Root Beer. I love it! It is the perfect taupe color to have in your collection. Blends beautifully and is perfect for the outer corner and crease. It's not TOO outstanding so you can wear it for a day in the office and darken it by night! Would recommend wearing over a good base like UDPP or Too Faced eyeshadow insurance so it doesn't crease or fade. It shows up very pigmented on my NC44 skintone. This color would work wonders for any skin tone. Would recommend if your looking for a frosty neutral color to add depth to your eyes! LOVE LOVE LOVE!