February 1, 2015 | 1089 users online

Lip Liners - NYX - Slim Lip Pencil - Mauve 831

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my, this is my new favorite for summer! This liner is three weeks old and I have been wearing it everyday. I ordered four NYX lip liners from cherryculture.com at a recent BOGOF sale. I took my chances and ordered Mauve, which is not something I would ever do, because I only wear warm shades.

This lip liner is gorgeous. IMO, it's not mauve, it's a very pretty, rosy shade that looks great on me! HA!! It's super soft, glides right on my lips and is easy to blend. I have been pairing it up with my lip glosses and I am so happy with my purchase. It's an extra long pencil, about eight inches long, so it's a great value at $2.00. I will be ordering another one soon ~ since I have been wearing this everyday. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pencil, it looks so pretty on ~ I paired it up with Sponge Cake and it's a beautiful combo...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh, this is fabulous! Mauve is a softer and slightly pinker/ rosier version of MAC's Beurre cremestick (which is my HG) liner. It's also a little bit lighter. The quality is terrific: smooth, creamy and pigmented. I'm definately going to try more of these the next time I'm at Ulta :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandmind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking soooo long for this perfect lipliner. I had one by Maybelline called Rosewood long ago - when they changed the formula not only the colour was totally different but also the staying power and texture. So my searching started to find a lipliner that would be exactly like the old rosewood - and here it is! I uploaded a pic for you here so you can see the difference between the colour natural and mauve.

I am really happy with this product. The only strange thing is that this colour has not the same length as the others NYX lip liners but is much shorter. I will contact the seller and see if the liner could be replaced by one with full length.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my HG of lipliners! I generally like to experiment with different brands when it comes to makeup, but I have never found a better colour for me than this one. It's the only makeup item I will stock up on. It's inexpensive and the texture is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

Finally, THIS is the color of my lips! Whenever a nude shade of lip liner is recommended, it's always straight-up brown on me. My lips are very pale but very blue-pink, especially against my light olive skin. Mauve is darker than my lips but applied to define my lip edge and blended a bit, looks just like MLBB. I have looked for years for a shade to match my lips! Now this is my HG liner; I keep one in my bag and one at home for making up my face in the morning. What did we do before NYX???

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by bobbictx

This liner, and NYX's Natural are very similar, almost exactly the same as Estee Lauder's Fig, I would say Natural is possibly a closer match to Fig, but Mauve is actually what I wanted EL's Fig to be - slightly pinker and more pigmented.

I think I'm going to use Mauve as my everyday liner instead of my $23 or so EL lipliner, it's that good.

I've been searching relentlessly for the perfect lipliner, and I think this is it. I'm very impressed with this liner, not to mention almost all NYX products. I mean, where else can you get MAC quality makeup for $1, $2 or $3?! Seriously.

I'm definitely going to pick up tons of backups, since I'm notorious for losing my liners, and cosmetic companies are notorious for discontinuing my favorite products. I think I picked this up for $.99 or $1.99 at my local cheapy beauty supply store, so luckily tons of backups won't put me in the poorhouse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I picked up this and "natural" during one of Cherry Culture's 2 for 1 specials, which means I paid a buck for each. I am reviewing the long version of this product. Anyway, I found that this shade is actually more "natural" on my lips than the natural shade! While both are nude-ey type shades, the natural shade is more brown, and this, of course, has some pink in it. Since my natural lip shade has pink, I prefer this over natural as my standard lipliner. I find these pencils very creamy and easy to apply, and the price is naturally outstanding. Will definitely be buying again and again. The only complaint I have about NYX is the weird shade names they give to their products that don't actually reflect the true color and the lack of accurate online swatches. That won't keep me from buying this and all their other products, though. For the price, these are very much worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Chios2000

I was in Harmon Discount a few weeks ago, and was drawn to the NYX makeup display. What initially caught my attention is the fact that NYX lip liner pencils could pass for MAC. They really look alike.
I purchased the mauve and I must tell you that I'm very impressed.
I've always worn MAC, Chanel, YSL etc. and this liner is right up there. The color is just beautiful with pinks and mauves, the colors that I wear most.
I lined my lips at about 10 am, and 9 hours later it was still there! I'm going back for more!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 11:12:00 AM More reviews by nikki415

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first NYX liner that I bought and Iím impressed. First of all it's so cheap I got it at Ulta for like $3. It goes on so smoothly and the texture is creamy. This color is fantastic! It works with my pinky and lavender lipsticks and even colors that are have more of a brown tone. I will definitely try their other colors

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had huge expectations for this after reading the reviews and upon seeing this at ULTA yesterday, just could not help myself and picked this up as well as an eyeshadow (which I review as well). I am PPP, 52 years young, making big changes in the amount and quality of makeup I use, now that I am ...u humm hmmmm..aging. I am shocked at the comparisons between this and MAC lip liners. I found NYX in mauve to be very hard and not much pigment. I am returning it. The color really barely showed up on me, so I grabbed my Senna in Purr and MAC half red and used them over this. Senna and MAC have the best lip liners as far as I am concerned.