September 1, 2014 | 1971 users online

Lip Liners - NYX - Slim Lip Pencil - Mauve 831

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I picked up this and "natural" during one of Cherry Culture's 2 for 1 specials, which means I paid a buck for each. I am reviewing the long version of this product. Anyway, I found that this shade is actually more "natural" on my lips than the natural shade! While both are nude-ey type shades, the natural shade is more brown, and this, of course, has some pink in it. Since my natural lip shade has pink, I prefer this over natural as my standard lipliner. I find these pencils very creamy and easy to apply, and the price is naturally outstanding. Will definitely be buying again and again. The only complaint I have about NYX is the weird shade names they give to their products that don't actually reflect the true color and the lack of accurate online swatches. That won't keep me from buying this and all their other products, though. For the price, these are very much worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Chios2000

I was in Harmon Discount a few weeks ago, and was drawn to the NYX makeup display. What initially caught my attention is the fact that NYX lip liner pencils could pass for MAC. They really look alike.
I purchased the mauve and I must tell you that I'm very impressed.
I've always worn MAC, Chanel, YSL etc. and this liner is right up there. The color is just beautiful with pinks and mauves, the colors that I wear most.
I lined my lips at about 10 am, and 9 hours later it was still there! I'm going back for more!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 11:12:00 AM More reviews by nikki415

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first NYX liner that I bought and Iím impressed. First of all it's so cheap I got it at Ulta for like $3. It goes on so smoothly and the texture is creamy. This color is fantastic! It works with my pinky and lavender lipsticks and even colors that are have more of a brown tone. I will definitely try their other colors

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had huge expectations for this after reading the reviews and upon seeing this at ULTA yesterday, just could not help myself and picked this up as well as an eyeshadow (which I review as well). I am PPP, 52 years young, making big changes in the amount and quality of makeup I use, now that I am ...u humm hmmmm..aging. I am shocked at the comparisons between this and MAC lip liners. I found NYX in mauve to be very hard and not much pigment. I am returning it. The color really barely showed up on me, so I grabbed my Senna in Purr and MAC half red and used them over this. Senna and MAC have the best lip liners as far as I am concerned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really nice neutral color! Goes well with pink-nude lipsticks. I found these to be better quality than Jordana, they are a lot more creamier. I am considering buying other colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I could find NYX near me or somewhere online. I got ths l/l from a friend that didn't like it. She couldn't remember where she got it at. :(
This is the smoothest l/l I've ever used. The ease of application is amazing. It has a long wear time. The color is a perfect mauve.

***If anyone knows where I can find these procuts in CA or online, please MUA mail me!!! TIA

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2004 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Honeysuckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice color. It is very natural long & feels great going on. One of the few l/l that don't dry out my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 3:32:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everytime I went shopping for lip pencils I tried to think of a shade I liked that I saw on SJP on a Sex and the City episode. I had never found the exact shade until now. This particular line has guzillion different shades to chose from and creatively I think that since they are so inexpensive you can get as many as you want and sort of play with them to come up with a great look. I'm happy to report that this mauve color is good on it's own and that with some Perfumeria Gal spearmint lipbalm over it, it's fabulous. It's not brown and it's not purple. It's just a very nice mauve color that goes great for the morning or if you want to play your eyes up but still want something beautiful on your lips.