L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 7/26/2015 6:17:00 PM

Con: Not good with my oily skin. After about 2-3 hours, the oil on my face starts to eat through this foundation and then it forms into unsightly clumps. Even primer and mattifying powder didn't help my makeup last longer. Maybe dry skin would have better luck with this foundation.

Pros:
--I love the color options, love how natural this stuff looks, and love how light it feels .
--I'm headache prone due to strong scents, and this foundation didn't give me any issues.
--Coverage is somewhere between light and medium, and you can build it up to a real medium.

I used up the entire bottle, but I would not buy this again simply because I need something that lasts longer.
Color used: W5 Sand Beige, which was a little too dark for me.

on 7/19/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

W2.

First of all, yellow can be cool, and pink can be warm. Nevertheless, L'Oreal was obviously thinking when they were making the shades that only pink can be cool and yellow has to be warm. So, the shade names are very misleading and inaccurate. For example, W1 and W2 are very COOL yellows, and some 'neutral' and 'cool' shades are in fact WARM. (I am NC 20, and I like my foundation a bit brighter than my real skin cause I do a lot of contouring. W2 is perfect for me color-wise.)

Second, not much coverage, very dry, emphasizing pores and wrinkles.

Third, this foundation is very runny, so the packaging is no good for this consistency.

on 7/17/2015 8:21:00 PM

Pros: covers redness, doesn't feel thick on skin, affordable, with different variety of shades to choose from, has a dewy effect without a powder on.

Cons: makes me an oil slick in 2 hours, easily melts from face in just 4 hours, BREAKs me out BIG time, makes me skin redder after cleansing at night.

So I'd rather use the expensive double wear than this.

on 7/16/2015 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definitely a love hate relationship. The only reason why I purchased this foundation was because I needed one that could really match my skin tone spot on, because I always have trouble with foundation products not having a wide color selection. I love how blendable this is, it looks very nice and even on my skin and looks very flawless, but then there comes a problem. I have EXTREMELY oily skin, and this is very greasy already, and I don't like having foundation that isn't going to help keep down the shine. It really isn't much of a problem since my primer and setting powder are what I use to really control the oil problem, but this foundation definitely doesn't help and can get really shiny during the day and bring out the creases around my mouth. I find I have to use more powder with it which I don't like doing. Also, it oxidizes. I've read a lot of reviews on L'Oreal foundations and this seems to be an overall problem with their makeup. I do suggest buying this though if your skin isn't extremely oily or extremely dry, because it is a very good foundation. I hope to find a less greasy one that is the same color as this, maybe a different brand because I don't like the oxidizing.

on 7/16/2015 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

It's a good foundation, Good coverage, didn't break me out.
I wouldn't recommend it to people with very dry skin though. I have areas on my face that are dryer then other areas,-For examples it worked amazing around my t zone. kept me from getting oily, but I had to make sure I moisturized my cheeks before applying, cause the foundation made them a bit dryer. I also like that the foundation comes in my color. Most department foundations are too orange or pink for my skin tone.

on 7/7/2015 10:41:00 PM

I don't wear makeup every day, but I love this foundation enough to want to wear it everyday. It has SPF in it and spreads very well. I like for my foundations to have good coverage without having the caked up feeling and look. This foundation does the exact opposite. It's light and blends beautifully. It gives a flawless look to my skin. Definitely one of my top foundations.

on 7/5/2015 7:48:00 PM

Great selection of shades. I think it's an okay foundation for starters.
It feels greasy and has some coverage, although not a whole lot. Runny formula in a glass bottle without a pump caused quite a bit of a mess. The main problem I had with this foundation was that it made my wrinkles much more visible. With this foundation the wrinkles around my mouth lingers after I stop smiling, making me look a lot older.

on 7/5/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I purchased it back in November 2014 because I had been having a hard time trying to find a foundation that matched my very yellow/caramel skin complexion & I FINALLY found the perfect foundation for my skin with L'oreal. I purchased the color "C8/Soft Sable" and it was a light to medium coverage. I have oily skin, it isn't extremely oily but I do find myself having to blot my face from time to time to keep from looking shiny in my T zone with most foundations I use. With the L'oreal true match, it enhanced my oily skin to the max. I could touch my face and and leave finger prints, and by the end of the day, half of my make-up would be gone. It also felt sort of heavy and greasy and since it doesn't have a pump, you find yourself pouring out way more than you need with almost every application. Regardless of the negatives I experienced, I still continued to use it up until about a week ago. I do love this foundation, but would not recommend to individuals who have even just slightly oily skin because in my experience of using it almost 9months, it makes it worse even with a setting powder and spray. Would probably work better for dry or combination skin with a setting power.

on 7/5/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is cheap & it's great for redheads and those of us who have very pale neutral skin tones. Unfortunately, that's the best thing about it because the texture isn't great and it's not even slightly moisturising. However, it's relatively concentrated and works great as a tint mixed w/ an spf moisturiser. I mix the lightest neutral shade with my mother's discarded LM tinted moisturiser (which I love, but is at least two shades too dark) to reach near-perfection in both colour and texture.

on 7/5/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I obviously heard about this foundation all over YouTube and beauty communities/reviews just like everyone else. I was very surprised at how bad it ended up being on my skin. I chalk it up to people having a variety of skin types that react differently with different products, because there is no way somebody would recommend this foundation if it reacted on their skin like it did mine. The color selection is nice but the coverage was just weird. I have combination/oily skin. Not very acne prone. I wore Maybelline baby skin primer under the true match for my large pores. The coverage was sheer and never fully dried. It made me look super greasy just 30 minutes after setting it with powder (it was already shiny upon application, I just thought maybe it would settle). I had to powder my face every hour to try and dispel the oiliness and the foundation stayed sticky all day (I wore it about 8 hours). It lasted about 6 hours but I don't consider it to have lasted much of anything because it looked like crap and was wet. So what lasted, butter face? If it works for you, thats great because they have a wonderful color selection. I returned it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials