October 31, 2014 | 1625 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well I gave this foundation a fair chance and honestly tried to make it work, there are some good points but a few major flaws that ruins this for me, I'll jump right in.

Pros
Super blendable: the consistency, not overly watery not thick dream to apply. Don't have to buff face to death.

Decent coverage: you'll get a decent med coverage with some layering.
Layers well

Satin matte finish.

Shade selection: broken down into categories to simplify. Warm, neutral, cool.
I picked up n3.

Cons
Satin matte finish aka small glitter.
Looks great first applied, 2 hrs later I'm super shiny( and I'm not a shiny, oily person)

Transfer; touch your face it's gonna slide right off. Probably could whip it all off with a tissue.

Feels nice and light in beginning, but never really sets on the face, feels slick all day long. Even with powder.

Oxidized, I never have that problem. N3 initially looked fairly close to my natural coloring but as the day went on it got darker and more peachy.

I bought this twice to give it a go and now I know why I strayed from it, I knew better.
I applied this every way possible, brush, sponge, fingers you name it I did it. It does look really pretty in the beginning but it just goes downhill from there.
I tried it with and without powder/ setting spray, with/without primer,and by mid day I wanted to wash my face, so much so I went to ulta the last time I wore it and grabbed up whatever new fndtn to curb my dissatisfaction.
I do like a glowy dewy finish, but I don't like a shiny slippery face. By the end of the day I looked awful. My makeup was patchy you could clearly see where it had come off. It looked very obvious I was wearing a foundation that couldn't hold up and/or not of good quality.
Would not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by CamiLira

It's difficult to me to find a fundation that fits my skin color without turn me orange! but this one is just perfect. I love the texture, the color (I'm using the color "honey"), the packaging, the super little gold sparkles in the fundation, the way this match perfectly my skin tone, EVERYTHING! I just love this fundation <3

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Ritzaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am currently wearing W6, which is a little too light for me right now since I've gotten much tanner, and I would say I like it. I have combination skin where throughout the day my nose gets extremely oily and with this foundation it definitely does not help. It's the only con I have for this foundation besides the packaging. I wish it would have a pump because of how runny it is. I really do love how easy it is to blend and how lightweight it feels. Also it lasts me a good 6-8 hrs but i have to touch up my nose as I mentioned it gets super oily. For an everyday, natural, lightweight foundation, i would repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by hannahlovesmakeup1

Okay, this is gonna sound a bit silly because I don't even wear foundation because my skin is clear. The foundation belongs to my sister. I was just bored at home and wanted to see what it was like to wear foundation for the first time. I'm not very likely to continue wearing it. I poured 3/4 of a dime size on the back of my hand which was good enough for my whole face. The finish was decent! Not too dewy, not too matte. I have this in the shade N5.5 called perfect beige. It was surprisingly a perfect match for me! This foundation can build up to full coverage and it's easy to blend too! I wore it for about 6 hours to see what would happen. It still looked great! It's long lasting, and it's not cakey. It was so blendable, that no one could even notice that I was wearing foundation. First foundation experience was a success! xx

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To be honest-this makeup DID have my hard to match shade..BUT it covers next to nothing..the coverage sucks. I don't have great skin..but my skin could also be a lot worse..so I need around..medium coverage. It doesn't last more then an hour on my oily skin..AND MORE THEN A FEW PEOPLE--4 TO BE PRECISE..ONE OF THEM, SHE USES THIS MAKEUP EVERY SINGLE DAY--SAYS THIS MAKES THEIR EYES BURN...IT TURNS MY EYES RED AND MAKES THEM BURN FOR A LONG WHILE. now I don't know what it is in this makeup that causes this..but my friend who LOVES this line says she's also met 2 other ppl who have said the same thing. Anyway.. not worth the price or my time.. I don't care for the powder either :-/ I wish it worked for me bcuz I would have something that somewhat matches my skin..but it doesn't. I still suggest that you try it out and see..but for my..BIG fail L'oreal :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lisalorles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in multiple shades considering I'm lighter in the winter (W2) and darker in the summer (W4). It's an amazing foundation. I went through almost every type of MAC foundation and nothing compares. I use True Match on the days where I want more coverage and the Face & Body from Mac when I want sheer coverage, but I would pick this over the F&B any day. Gorgeous finish and makes me look flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

I purchased this product in shade C6 after reading all the great reviews. The packing is a little messy but I pour out a dime size amount on the back of my hand, works fine that way. The color matches perfect for summer. There is alot of color selection so it's not to hard to find a shade to match your skin tone. It goes on nice and smooth. It's very thin I find, so it doesn't offer too much coverage, but it can be build able. It lasts some days for me but not always. My skin is oily no foundation lasts that long. I like this one for going to work it looks natural and makes me look almost glowy. No way would it work past 5pm.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by jndv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the le tient (shade G3, i am NC40) version (contains hyaluronic acid) which fills in my huge pores for a smooth and even finish. being a retina-a user, i am super patchy but this one evens everything out! covers redness immediately and best thing is it doesn't feel cake-y or heavy. it dries up like you just put on a layer of tint! spreads a lot so a bottle can last for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first drugstore foundation that I've used that I have actually liked.

I've always had problems finding foundation at the drugstore that is either my color or doesn't oxidize on me. This matches me perfectly and doesn't oxidize. Perfect! I am a little darker than NW10 but lighter than NW15. W1 matches me well.

The consistency is very thick. The best way that I've found to apply this is with a sponge. I like the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. It doesn't make the foundation look as cakey as it would when I applied it with a buffing brush. I have to be careful when applying this, though. If I apply too much, it will look very cakey. This also makes the peach fuzz on my face stand out like no other foundation has done!

My only problem with this foundation is that is doesn't have a pump. It can get very messy very quickly. I also don't like how unsanitary it is having to spill out foundation and then scoop it back into the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation hoping it would be able to control my oily skin.
Let me start by saying: It's not.
The texture is quite nice, I don't find it hard to blend and the colour range is also good.
It doesn't have that much of a smell, that's quite nice.
If you have normal to dry skin you might wanna give this a go, however if you're like me and have combo/oily skin you'll not be happy with this foundation.
It stayed on pretty long in my normal-skin-areas but wore off my nose and forehead - where i tend to get oily - in less than an hour, so avoid this if you're oily.