Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.3

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 6/7/2013 11:44:00 AM

Love! I use it at night, after cleansing, on alternate nights when not using Tazorac. I apply several drops to still-damp, clean skin, and it does a beautiful job of hydrating and moisturizing. I also use this in the mornings, mixing two drops with my hyaluronic acid serum after cleansing. I've quite grown to love the patchouli scent of the product (I found it a little on the strong side when I first began using the oil, but it's not offensive). I also love the fact that the bottle comes with a dropper, which is hygenic, keeps the product from getting all over the neck and lid of the bottle, and ensures that you can dispense a precise amount of product without spills. Over the last six months of use, I've found the product has contributed to improved texture and hydration of my skin, and makes my skin look dewy and glowy. I'm also not as oily since I've been using the Clarins oils (I also use the Lotus oil) and my oil production is regulating itself. All in all, the Blue Orchid oil's a keeper, and I will continue to repurchase.

on 6/6/2013 3:54:00 AM

I love this! Its not greasy once its sunk in and it fits in nicely with my other products in my evening skin care routine! I apply it after my hydraluron and before my moisturiser and i always wake up with fresh looking skin!! Its a bit pricey, but it is lasting me ages. I love the pipette bottle it look so cute on my shelf! It smells nice too! Yummyyyy

I love this Facial oil! I use a drop of it mixed with my multi-active night cream (also by Clarins) before I go to bed and my skin seems to love it. I bought the bottle back around New Year and I still have about a third of it left as you really don't need too much. I therefore think it is pretty good value really! Just avoid the eye area if you are a bit sensitive. I have oily/combination skin and this seems to help it maintain its balance. Would definitely recommend if your skin needs a bit of an extra boost.

on 5/21/2013 10:24:00 AM

First I was thinking that this product is nothing special and I dont need it. One year after my skin got even more dehydrated and Ive been desperately reading blogs and reviews. What came up? This oil again!! So I bought it.
Anyway, I used already sweet almond oil- did nothing. Other serum based on Primrose and Lavender oil. I was afraid that this one which is definitely more expensive will be too- hydrating but not enough and making my skin shiny.

I used it first time at daytime. What happened? My skin wasnt shiny- say whaaat? It always was after cream!! Impossible! So I put over my oil/silicone based foundation (Armani) what happened? My skin looked amazing. So smooth, no dryness, no shine. My skin felt comfortable. Now Its my first step after cleansing in my morning routine.

I used it at night time after my acne treatment. I woke up WITHOUT shiny and sticky skin. Just dewy. No irritation around my mouth and eyes. Oh my god! I always got dry skin around my mouth and sometimes my eyelids and under eye area felt itchy and painful. Nothing like this, it was plump, smooth, healthy looking.

Im regretting that I didnt get it before... I kind of like the smell, the oil is not too heavy (miracle or what?) and I really need a little drop on my whole face.

on 5/16/2013 3:43:00 AM

I have very dry skin through winter and this works amazing! Used this treatment as the rep told me for 8 times. Also to those people who had trouble with it absorbing i had the same until i read you need to use a patting motion then it aborbed fine. Makes my skin the softest and nicest through winter have no dryness or trouble or wind burn like i usually get. Few treatments and my skin is amazing evens out my uneven toning and smooths, makes my pores smaller aswell! really noticed an improvement!

on 5/3/2013 9:21:00 PM

I've used the Lotus Face Oil last year and absolutely loved it. Being me, I don't usually stick to one product that works for me. I like to experience new things. I moved to London last year and the weather aren't helping with my skin conditions. So, I've thought about getting the Lotus Face Oil since it works wonders to me when I used to in Malaysia. Due to the cold weather for the past few months, I decided to get Blue Orchid (for dehydrated skin) for my much needed skin.

I only use at night as I have combination skin and I sleep with my window open. Without this, I usually wake up to oily face (you know the whole "if you face is too dry, it starts to produce sebum to make up for it"?) After using this face oil, my face feel softer and much less oily. I don't have the urge to wash my face immediately.

I ordered my bottle online because its much cheaper than the counters but I missed out the fact that it has certain ingredients which I am not really a fan of. I like everything about it but the smell, Patchouli. I absolutely love the herb-y scent of Lotus Oil. So, both are absolutely great, even though I am not particularly bothered by the scent, I would go for Lotus Face Oil and probably top it off with stronger moisturizer.

For now, I am using up my current serum from Vichy for day (lighter) and replacing it with Lotus Face Oil. I am excited already. =p

I will update again after using for a month.

on 4/26/2013 8:21:00 AM

I really love this product. I suffer from dehydrated skin, and now that I am past my 20's and into my 30's, it's a nice addition to have on under my regular moisturiser as a booster, and under my night cream for extra nourishment. I found it to be not too greasy, it layers on well and comes with a lovely scent. I adore the bottle, and I do think it is a quality product, but if you consider it is mostly just oils that you are buying, I do think it expensive product for what you get and it does not last terribly long. You can easily blend your own organic oils together and get pretty much the same product for a fraction of the price. Therefore I will only buy as a duty free option, or if if discounted.

on 4/18/2013 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample of this because after using too much of Ren Bio Retinoid, which is excellent, my aging skin was looking dry. Must say that this blows other oils out of the park. Skin is hydrated, filling out the little creases and making bigger ones look much softer. Makeup stays on well, no irritations or veins, and cannot see any blackheads that usually come with these type oils. Have used other Clarins moisturizers on top when needed and no greasy slicks whatsoever. All of this within the first week and using the Ren every 3 days or so.

on 2/18/2013 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Have been using a combination of bha in the morning, aha in the evening and clarins vital light range day and night cream for the past 3 months. Results are outstanding with a face that is smoother, more radiant and firmer. The smoother part comes from my use of bha and aha, and the firmer and radiant attributes which I have been experiencing comes mainly from clarins' vital light range.
However lately, my skin has also been drier on some days than others, I suspect for a number of reasons. It may be trying to adapt to the use of aha or simply just hormones at my age (47 years). It also was not practical to invest in another jar of hydrating cream like clarins' hydraquench, which I have used in the past (another excellent product by the way) because I wanted to continue using their vital light creams. Hence, the solution was to purchase something which I could use alongside what I am already using. This is where this face oil came in.
I am very happy with this product because I can use this on nights when my skin felt drier. The rep told me to use this twice a week at night initially in place of my night cream because it was quite rich. Upon first application, I could tell she was quite right to suggest that because any more, and my skin may break out. The trick is to know your skin type - I have mature skin but not dry, more normal. Also important was the method of application; check out clarins' website on how to apply this oil properly. When I started to gain confidence with the use of this oil, I began putting a drop into my day or night cream on days when it seems to need it. I love this product because once you get more comfortable with the use of this face oil, you can then adapt it to serve its purpose without causing any eruption to the skin.
There are 3 types of face oil in the clarins' range and blue orchid has indeed come through for me. It is not too rich for me, just the right amount of hydration needed without it feeling greasy at all. The scent is indeed very therapeutic and I always look forward to using it at night. Highly recommend it.

on 2/11/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this oil :(

I have very dry/sensitive skin in the winter. I tried this face oil because I've heard great reviews about the product and the sales rep at Shopper's really advocated for it. So I bought it. I followed all the instructions and used 2 drops. Smells lovely. It did give my skin moisture but after 3 days, I broke out hard! So I took a break from it as my skin cleared up and they tried it again (could have been a pre-mentrual breakout) but I broke out into cystic acne! Again once I stopped using the product, my skin cleared up. So disappointing!

Popular Treatments (Face)