October 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by jenabeall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I lifeguard and swim competitively, so deep conditioning once a week is a must. Retread by LUSH is great for a once a week, deep condition. After I rinse it out, my hair feels super soft and looks nice and shiny. It also tames my frizz! I also have super fine hair and it doesn't make my hair really oily like some treatments do. I highly recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was given a sample of this last time I was in Lush. Initially I didn't think it was anything to rave about but thought I'd finish the sample rather than waste it. I'm so glad I did! After 3 washes I'm hooked! My hair is so much softer, shinier, less knotty and sleeker. Frizzy hair is now a thing of the past! But, stay away from your roots. It's way too heavy for that. The only con about this product-it's not cheap and I think eventually it'll leave alot of build up. Actually there is one more thing: the tub isn't very hygienic but it;s probably too thick to put in a squeeze bottle anyway.
I'm pairing it with 'new' shampoo solid at the moment but every now and then I'm going to use 'i love juicy' to remove build up. I might also use retread every 2nd wash to save on money and to prevent build up.
If you try this you really need to give it more than 1 wash before you make up your mind.
About the smell: it's neither here nor there for me. I don't think it smells nice but I don't think it smells bad either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Smells AMAZING and lasts all day
Really moisturising
Love the recycleable packaging
Not too pricey

Cons:
Need a lot of product for one use
Can make roots greasey

I really like this conditioner, especially the smell, everyone keeps telling me how nice my hair smells! I think it leaves my hair really nice and soft, however I always use two conditioners on my hait because a hairdresser once said use a deep conditioner then a light one to lock it in ( I use american cream also by lush ) So if it doesn't work for you, I'd suggest following it up with a regular conditioner (: I buy expensive conditioners alot so the price doesn't bother me, I only use it maybe twice a week and I have mid length hair, howvever if your hair is long you will get through this soo quickly. Another tip is don't apply it anywhere near the roots as it has a tendency to make roots a bit greasy so just a little warning (: I would so buy this again! Just smell it in the shop before you buy because it seems many people don't like the smell!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PU it stinks

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by naralph

On the fence with this one. Had it approx 2 and a half months, used it a few times - not seen any great results. Used it last night and used quite a generous amount (as it says on the jar, but afraid to since it starts getting exxy) and my hair feels super silky soft today. Considering how much I need to use (just-past-shoulder length hair), probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by tifanimarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not have a Lush store close by, so when I came across one in Chicago, I was thrilled! After talking to one of the girls that worked there (the staff is super friendly by the way) she recommended I try this conditioner. Honestly, for being a heavy conditioner and expensive I had high hopes. I really don't feel like my hair is soft when I rinse this out, my hair doesnt feel bad by any means when I blow dry and style it, but I was just not impressed. I really wanted to like this product but it just didnt do it for me personally!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Xusha2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a great conditioner, I don't really understand why it has been getting so much criticism on here. I've only used it 2 times but I already love it! It's quite heavy and really moisturising. I dye and straighten my hair so it's not in the best condition, but now the end's look really healthy and really smooth. It really relaxes my hair, and I will be using it about once a week with a clarifying shampoo as a pick me up for my hair. Regarding the price, I have used this twice and the tub looks brand new, because, unless you have really long hair, you don't really need a lot with this product, a little goes a long way. I believe this tub could last me a good 4-6+ months, so that would work out at about 2 a month, which really isn't expensive when you think of it that way. This conditioner doesn't really feel like a normal conditioner to me, because it doesn't make me hair feel super smooth and silky when I put it on my hair while it's wet, so don't be tricked into putting loads of it on because you cant feel it in your hair. You will really see the results once you dry you hair. It does smell strongly of melons/parma violets when you first put it on but I really like that smell, and it doesn't smell very strong once I wash and dry my hair because I put hairspray in it which smells different. But you do get a small scent left over, which I think is nice and refreshing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by fffffffffffffffffffff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

As most people have already said - Lush products are very expensive in regards to what they do (that is, not much). I've been using Lush only products for the past 3 months now, including this conditioner, and really, my hair is neither worse nor better off, which has left me disatissfied considering I paid about 5x more for a tiny tub of this than I would for a large bottle of regular drugstore conditioner! My hair is very thick and fairly course as the result of several years of dyeing it a darker brown. It's not particularily damaged as I havent dyed it in over a year and rarely use heat styling tools, but I always want something to turn my hair into a soft pillow cloud rather than a wiry witch's barnet!

The conditioner itself is very thick and smells like parma violets. I've used it as a regular conditioner and as a deep conditioner. There's nothing more I can say about it because the results are nothing special, if not worse than your average cheap tresemme conditioner.

After a while I got sick of it and bought herbal essences dazzling shine conditioner instead and my hair looked magnificient! And it cost me 8 less!

I understand the appeal of Lush but ultimately, no. They use natural ingredients but they use it alongside other non-naturally occuring chemicals - ones that are non-irritant, yes, but nevertheless - it's not worth it. Either go for a synthetic drugstore conditioner that actually works and is economic, or go for an all-natural system of conditioning with either coconut oil or olive oil. To me, Lush is just a very successful marketing campaign.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

My hair: fairly normal, wavy, brunette, damaged ends, sometimes problems w/ product buildup

I've been using Retread for about a year now. One pot lasts me 3-4 months usually. I wash every other day, and I usually only apply it just above the ears and below. I have long hair.

It seems to be doing its job. My hair is moisturized, and I don't have any split ends anymore.

I feel very noncommital about Lush's hair products in general. The ones that do work for me seem to work just as well as an average drugstore brand. They don't do anything amazing or make me look like a Pantene Pro V girl, you know? I've avoided drugstore brands for a while due to the chemicals, but I may revert to Biolage soon. I feel like my hair was shinier then.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by jetdelumiere

I got this as a sample, and i wasn't impressed at all, you could buy any drugstore conditioner that will work much better than this.