LUSH Retread

3.5

on 5/14/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this product after buying a bottle of American Cream (which did nothing but scent my hair and add a little shine) and I'm not very happy about it.

it smells like yogurt and violets (due to both ingredients being in the conditioner) and it sounds very moisturizing. I think I'd have to use half the pot or something to make a difference. I do love LUSH but I just don't know about this one. For $29.95 plus tax for 8.4 ounces of product it isn't exactly cheap either.

I've had MUCH better results with other natural conditioner brands such as Jason's "Apricot Shine", Nature's Gate "Hemp" (one of the greatest out there in my opinion) and Body Shop's "Banana." (also good)

All of those mentioned above didn't cost me more than $8.00 and worked better for my frizzy textured ethnic hair.

I suppose if you have uncolored, very healthy and fine hair this would work for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Isn't very moisturizing but it's better than not using conditioner.
Overpriced.
Feels just like putting water on my hair as it's not very thick or creamy.
Do not recommend.

EDIT: After a while of using this I am actually quite keen. I believe that when I first started using this my hair was just too damaged for it to work well, but now that I have got my hair in better condition I do like this product a lot. It stops my hair from being frizzy and keeps it hydrated. I really dislike the smell though.

on 5/2/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My favourite conditioner ever! I have lower back length hair & this is perfect. So moisturising. My hair is soft, shiny & healthy. It doesn't feel as lovely while you're in the shower but it's probably because isn't full of silicons. Once you get out & your hair dries, you see you're definately getting your money's worth. I was using tresume' but I'll never go back. That made you think your hair was healthy, with retreat you know your hair is healthy. Amazing. The smell is okay, doesn't bother me, I guess some people wouldn't like it. Doesn't irritate my eczema. :)

on 4/17/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I lifeguard and swim competitively, so deep conditioning once a week is a must. Retread by LUSH is great for a once a week, deep condition. After I rinse it out, my hair feels super soft and looks nice and shiny. It also tames my frizz! I also have super fine hair and it doesn't make my hair really oily like some treatments do. I highly recommend this product!

on 3/14/2013 12:27:00 AM

I was given a sample of this last time I was in Lush. Initially I didn't think it was anything to rave about but thought I'd finish the sample rather than waste it. I'm so glad I did! After 3 washes I'm hooked! My hair is so much softer, shinier, less knotty and sleeker. Frizzy hair is now a thing of the past! But, stay away from your roots. It's way too heavy for that. The only con about this product-it's not cheap and I think eventually it'll leave alot of build up. Actually there is one more thing: the tub isn't very hygienic but it;s probably too thick to put in a squeeze bottle anyway.
I'm pairing it with 'new' shampoo solid at the moment but every now and then I'm going to use 'i love juicy' to remove build up. I might also use retread every 2nd wash to save on money and to prevent build up.
If you try this you really need to give it more than 1 wash before you make up your mind.
About the smell: it's neither here nor there for me. I don't think it smells nice but I don't think it smells bad either.

on 12/3/2012 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros:
Smells AMAZING and lasts all day
Really moisturising
Love the recycleable packaging
Not too pricey

Cons:
Need a lot of product for one use
Can make roots greasey

I really like this conditioner, especially the smell, everyone keeps telling me how nice my hair smells! I think it leaves my hair really nice and soft, however I always use two conditioners on my hait because a hairdresser once said use a deep conditioner then a light one to lock it in ( I use american cream also by lush ) So if it doesn't work for you, I'd suggest following it up with a regular conditioner (: I buy expensive conditioners alot so the price doesn't bother me, I only use it maybe twice a week and I have mid length hair, howvever if your hair is long you will get through this soo quickly. Another tip is don't apply it anywhere near the roots as it has a tendency to make roots a bit greasy so just a little warning (: I would so buy this again! Just smell it in the shop before you buy because it seems many people don't like the smell!

on 11/21/2012 11:59:00 PM

PU it stinks

on 11/21/2012 12:46:00 AM

On the fence with this one. Had it approx 2 and a half months, used it a few times - not seen any great results. Used it last night and used quite a generous amount (as it says on the jar, but afraid to since it starts getting exxy) and my hair feels super silky soft today. Considering how much I need to use (just-past-shoulder length hair), probably won't repurchase.

on 11/7/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I do not have a Lush store close by, so when I came across one in Chicago, I was thrilled! After talking to one of the girls that worked there (the staff is super friendly by the way) she recommended I try this conditioner. Honestly, for being a heavy conditioner and expensive I had high hopes. I really don't feel like my hair is soft when I rinse this out, my hair doesnt feel bad by any means when I blow dry and style it, but I was just not impressed. I really wanted to like this product but it just didnt do it for me personally!

on 10/25/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such a great conditioner, I don't really understand why it has been getting so much criticism on here. I've only used it 2 times but I already love it! It's quite heavy and really moisturising. I dye and straighten my hair so it's not in the best condition, but now the end's look really healthy and really smooth. It really relaxes my hair, and I will be using it about once a week with a clarifying shampoo as a pick me up for my hair. Regarding the price, I have used this twice and the tub looks brand new, because, unless you have really long hair, you don't really need a lot with this product, a little goes a long way. I believe this tub could last me a good 4-6+ months, so that would work out at about 2 a month, which really isn't expensive when you think of it that way. This conditioner doesn't really feel like a normal conditioner to me, because it doesn't make me hair feel super smooth and silky when I put it on my hair while it's wet, so don't be tricked into putting loads of it on because you cant feel it in your hair. You will really see the results once you dry you hair. It does smell strongly of melons/parma violets when you first put it on but I really like that smell, and it doesn't smell very strong once I wash and dry my hair because I put hairspray in it which smells different. But you do get a small scent left over, which I think is nice and refreshing.

Top Rated LUSH Products