October 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by CynthiaF0420

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this peel!! My skin instantly looks better afterwards. I always use this product before a special event. It makes the skin soft, radiant and brighter. My skin care products sink into my skin, and I don't need as much makeup. You'd have to try it to believe it. Since using Philosophy products I definitely have makeup-optional skin. I use this peel, Hope in a Jar moisturizer and When Hope Is Not Enough serum. I also cleanse with the Clarisonic. This regimen has helped my acne prone skin tremendously. My skin is now clear and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by emmasun1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the BEST exfoliator in the market! When I first got the product and started taking care of my problematic skin, I used it twice a week. When my skin got better I used it less frequently, now only once every two to three weeks. I am surprised by how soft and smooth my skin could be after using this peel (and I remember to use either mask or moisturizer to hydrate my skin after this). It doesn't help much with the acne scars I got since I was in junior high (it makes the scars less eye-catching, but it doesn't erase them), but I didn't expect it to do the magic. It could be irritating or do harm to your skin if you leave it on the face longer than instructed, or if you use it too frequently.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

My skin doesn't agree with it.
I used this products for few weeks some months ago. The formulation is the same.

It made my skin dry but I used a lot of moisturizer after using it so that's fine.
My skin seemed to be clearer for a day- nothing major and I could obtain the clearer tone with other cheap and home made concotions.
It evened out my skin for a day.

Overall- It was like scrubbing baking soda on my skin which I tried 2 times in my life and never will again.

The price is high. The scrub smells like plastic.
Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really on the fence with how I feel about this product. It didn't lighten the acne marks on my face even a little like I had hoped it would, but it really did make my skin feel soft and really healthy. It isn't a bad product and might work better for some, but for the effect I noticed I can find cheaper products that do just as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best exfoliator I've used. It takes very little product to do the job. The orange crystal part of it can be too abrasive for some, especially those with sensitive skin, like me but on damp skin, it's fine. The activator foams up, it's slightly warming, leave on 1-2 minutes...VOILA! I use mine only once a week, I've been using it for years and stopped trying out other products years ago, this is the best. It leaves my skin smoother, brighter, fresher and it does, over time, lessen fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

This product is amazing! Especially in the colder months when you skin gets a little flaky icky from the dry weather. I swear by this at home resurface kit and use it weekly! I have re-purchased several times and will continue to.. please don't discontinue this, Philosophy! haha.. anyway let's get to the review..

This kit offers what is nearly a peel or facial at home. It sloughs off dead skin and leaves you (or me anyway!) with a fresh clean slate. After using this I feel no dryness, and my skin isn't really tight as it sometimes is after a facial. There is no after the fact peeling, etc. it is just fresh, clean, and bright. I really notice a difference in skin brightness after using this.. I look almost glowy for a day or so. I try to use this once a week, sometimes go every other week.. and a kit lasts approx. 3 months if using every week. Def. worth the $75 .. as that is what ONE facial costs, anyway.

If you are on the fence.. just spring for it, buy it, you will not regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin gets irritated & red fairly easy, so I was a bit nervous. I spread the crystals & watched for signs of aggression from my skin... added the liquid & gently spread it around my face in small circles & waited 3 minutes. I used a washcloth to help remove, but only pressed water into the skin, no rubbing & then splashed face with cool water to fully remove. My face was a bit red in a few spots, I used my HG Serum (Clarins Double Serum) and topped with Clinique's DDML to ward off any possible to reassure my skin that trauma portion of the night was over. I showed my Husband and he said "WOW!" He couldn't get over how soft it feels. I've only used once, can't wait to see my skin with my continued use. I am not a fan of the packaging, having to dip a utensil into the crystals and I question both products shelf life & stability--which is another reason why I plan on using it until its gone--besides to update my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kuchka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a amazing peel. After you perform the 2 step process, your face feels softer than you can ever believe was possible. It also gives you a gorgeous glow. I use this peel every Friday night to look great for the weekends and I actually look forward to Friday evenings in order to indulge in this peel!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by kailingggg

This product is god sent. Cursed with oily skin and large pores, this product really helps to even out and brighten my complexion so that it is not as bumpy as usual.

I've seen one of the reviews here that mentioned to use the activating serum first to exfoliate before neutralizing it with the scrub. It works beautifully and i had been doing it that way ever since.

I use it once every 2 weeks and in 3 months i saw a really big difference. Even my scars from acne before seems less visible. My skin became really soft and smooth.HG for me. The only downside is that it is really pricey. Cost 109SGD here in Singapore, and hence i minus 1 lippie.

Otherwise, this product is great! Although the crazy price point, Im getting another set as soon as im done with this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Holy moly how have I not reviewed this yet? I love this stuff! But (and a very emphatic BUT) I do not follow the directions when I use this. Let me preface this by saying that my skin is pretty tough and accustomed to being assaulted with salicylic acid and BPO, so my way of using this may not be for you. Anyway....here goes: as written, the instructions tell you to apply the scrubby part first, then the liquid "activator." IMO (having taken lots of university chemistry, both organic and inorganic) this is bunk--basically you would be applying a baking soda based scrub, then putting the acidic part of the solution on top of it. Bases like baking soda react with acid to make WATER plus mineral salts, and the whole thing would be nearly completely ineffective for any sort of chemical exfoliation. Think about it...we use salicylic acid, glycolic acid, etc. and use those to exfoliate, and here we are neutralizing the acid (that is what makes it foam) in this product before it can really do its job. The exfoliation you experience by using it this way is therefore pretty much purely physical exfoliation from the granules of baking soda in the scrub component of the kit. So with this in mind, I apply the "activator" solution first to my clean, damp, makeup-free skin, massage it in well, and let it sit for about a minute. After that I apply a gob of the scrub/crystals and massage that liberally all over my face, wetting my fingertips with a few drops of water as needed to make the mixture slide around more easily on my skin. This gives the acids ample time to work and eat away at the dead bits of my stratum corneum, whereafter I follow up with the physical exfoliation from the crystals to both neutralize the acid and slough off all the stuff that was just broken down by the acid. After I am satisfied with my scrubbing job I rinse thoroughly with tepid water, pat dry, and apply my moisturizer of choice. I am always amazed at how silky-smooth and soft my skin is afterward, especially if I haven't done this in a while. Feels like silk! If I weren't single I would prance out of the bathroom and make my boyfriend pet my face every time I used this (perhaps that is why I am still single?? hmmm). It is that good...just not when used as directed.

39 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No