November 21, 2014 | 1710 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sugarglazed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Old faithful. If it didn't work so well I'd probably be hating on it, given what it is- but my skin loves this stuff - it works on super dry skin or on a bad reaction from a product or peel --- I can slather this stuff on my skin and it calms down. Helps restore the barrier after using it for a few days . Never really liked this stuff when I was younger but as I've gotten older I really like it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by SexiiMami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A cheapie but goodie. You can use this on your lips skin and more. Always have a tub with me. I put on soaking wet skin when I get out of the shower. If feels nasty a first but let a sit for a minute then put your night clothes on the next morning my skin is crazy soft.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I have a really bad cold and I blow my nose too much with my Kleenex, the skin on my nose, the top of my lip and lips get super dry and flaky. To the point it's painful because I've rubbed the skin raw. The only thing that helps is Vaseline petroleum jelly. Before I go to bed I apply and thick amount of this all over my raw skin, and by the next day my skin is back to normal. And after reading all these comments about using it on your eyelashes... I'm gonna have to try it for myself :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Vaseline is probably one of the best beauty inventions to this day. I have used it ever since I was a little girl after my mom introduced it to me. I mainly use it on my lips as a lip moisturizer and on my eyelashes every night as a sort of lash conditioner. It is so cheap and has so many uses that you really can't go wrong with this product. I also find that it works well as an eye makeup remover, even for really tough waterproof mascara! I like to use it on my cuticles as well. I really just recommend it just like the majority of the people who have tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by HowGreatThouArt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Vaseline is EXCELLENT. I have used it on my eyelashes for years, and I have very thick, long, dark eyelashes. Also, when applied to your lashes, they provide a reflective glow to your eyes, making your eyes sparkle. Your eyes will look glassy and beaming. I also love using Vaseline on my lips. They make my lips so soft and supple. At nights I take Vaseline, put it on my lips, and then scrub them with a hot washcloth. This will exfoliate your lips and make them plump.
Vaseline has so many great uses. It is a product for every household.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Vaseline has so many uses. Two that I wouldn't be without are:
I buy a pair of those snuggly type gloves (the ones that look like those really soft socks) from the Dollar Store. I coat my hands with vaseline at night, put on the snuggly gloves and go to bed. In the morning, my hands are always well-hydrated, moisturized and my cuticles are also well-nourished.
The same thought works for your feet, too. You can do this at night, or, if you're wearing socks during the day, apply a small amount of vaseline to your feet, put on your socks, and your feet will be moisturized all day long within the comfort of your socks. You'll be surprised at how this works at keeping your feet soft and beautiful.
The second is an old trick for fragrance. If you find a perfume that doesn't have lasting power on you, coat your skin with a very light layer of vaseline. Not enough to make your skin greasy, just enough to give it a light sheen. Then spray yourself with your favorite perfume. If the perfume just sits on top of your skin as droplets, you'll know you applied too much vaseline. Next time, apply less, and try again. Your perfume should go on as it does normally. You'll find that this makes the perfume last for hours and hours. Using an oil or a regular moisturizer does not have the same effect, nor does using a scented moisturizer. The vaseline seems to keep the fragrance on your skin and hold it's notes in place.
I keep two different types of vaseline in stock. One is a cocoa based scent, which I'll use for my vanilla based perfumes, and the other is an unscented vaseline to use for other perfumes.
It works for any perfume, eau de toilette and even for some colognes.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Perfect for overnight healing of face and body. It may be thick and heavy but if you're just staying in without makeup, it's great. It does not upset my skin. In fact, I had a pimple last night and this morning, it's clearing up. I use the original and cocoa butter versions. The original has no fragrance; the butter is sweet and slightly vanilla. For optimum results, use the actual Vaseline brand. It's pure. The only downside, which really isn't bad, would be the jar because you have to have clean hands before reaching inside. That said, my mom keeps asking what I use. She always compliments my skin, and she wouldn't do that if I looked bad. Trust me. :) EDIT: Been using for months, and in hard, cold weather, you actually can use under makeup if you let it set for a bit. My skin is soft, not greasy, no huge pores, smooth and very happy. You don't need a lot, even on arms and legs. The talk about petrolatum being bad for you is wrong, IMO. Just from using it, I can see improvement. I don't have skin problems but I still consider this pretty benign. Enjoy!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by dreamsXthatXglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Use this every night to take my eye make up off and it really conditions ur lashes and makes them thicker n stronger after time, I wear water proof mascara and it's great for getting it off I dnt really use it for much else xx

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by AshleyForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this alot! Usually for my lashes to make them longer, and my lips to make them moisturized. I would buy again, but i already have three tubs!!! heehee it moisturizes well and is so cheap ; ) I can't use this anymore : ( makes my lips dry : ( oh well it's still a good lip gloss!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Yes, I love White Petroleum jelly like most here.
I don't use it on my face but it makes a great lash conditioner. I use it instead of mascara some days.
I do the Jen Anniston thing and put it under my eyes before bed, over a tiny drop of Squalane oil. Seriously, creams for the eye area will give me millia. Vaseline does not.

There's a lot of unnecessary fear of this product. It's occlusive, not moisturizing, and once a person understands that, it can be a great way to seal in actives like squalane.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No