Perfect for overnight healing of face and body. It may be thick and heavy but if you're just staying in without makeup, it's great. It does not upset my skin. In fact, I had a pimple last night and this morning, it's clearing up. I use the original and cocoa butter versions. The original has no fragrance; the butter is sweet and slightly vanilla. For optimum results, use the actual Vaseline brand. It's pure. The only downside, which really isn't bad, would be the jar because you have to have clean hands before reaching inside. That said, my mom keeps asking what I use. She always compliments my skin, and she wouldn't do that if I looked bad. Trust me. :) EDIT: Been using for months, and in hard, cold weather, you actually can use under makeup if you let it set for a bit. My skin is soft, not greasy, no huge pores, smooth and very happy. You don't need a lot, even on arms and legs. The talk about petrolatum being bad for you is wrong, IMO. Just from using it, I can see improvement. I don't have skin problems but I still consider this pretty benign. Enjoy!
Use this every night to take my eye make up off and it really conditions ur lashes and makes them thicker n stronger after time, I wear water proof mascara and it's great for getting it off I dnt really use it for much else xx
I use this alot! Usually for my lashes to make them longer, and my lips to make them moisturized. I would buy again, but i already have three tubs!!! heehee it moisturizes well and is so cheap ; ) I can't use this anymore : ( makes my lips dry : ( oh well it's still a good lip gloss!
Yes, I love White Petroleum jelly like most here.
I don't use it on my face but it makes a great lash conditioner. I use it instead of mascara some days.
I do the Jen Anniston thing and put it under my eyes before bed, over a tiny drop of Squalane oil. Seriously, creams for the eye area will give me millia. Vaseline does not.
There's a lot of unnecessary fear of this product. It's occlusive, not moisturizing, and once a person understands that, it can be a great way to seal in actives like squalane.
I love vaseline, i have recently found so many uses for this thing!!
I use overnight on my eyelashes to make them grow longer and stronger!
I also use it on my eyelids because they're super dry, and around my eyes (i read somewhere that it can be used as an anti-wrinkle)
Around hairline to keep dye off
For lips after exfoliating
Dap a bit of eyeshadow into vaseline and make your own color eyeliner! :)
Vaseline is a miracle product and here is a list of how you can use it:
1) Dab a bit on split ends until you can get to the salon.
2) Spread some on your eye lashes before a brow wax to keep wax off.
3) Spread some on exposed skin during winter outdoor activities to keep your skin protected and warm. It's an NFL trick!
4) Spread some on dry, chapped lips then buff with a nubby washcloth or toothbrush to get rid of dryness.
5) Use it as a shoe polish to shine patent leather shoes.
6) Mix it with broken or cracked eye shadow to form a cream shadow and extend the life of your makeup.
7) Spread a thin layer around your hair line before dying your hair to prevent the color from getting on your skin.
8) Use it to tame unruly eyebrows between waxing or threading appointments.
9) Customize your own lip gloss by mixing it with a pinch of flavored Jello.
10) Stretch the time between manicures by rubbing a bit over cuticles and nails.
11) Put a coat on your feet and cover with socks before bed to soften.
12) Use it to soften elbows, knees or ankles.
13) Spread a thin layer before perfume to make your scent last longer.
14) Mix with brown sugar for a body scrub.
15) Use a dab as an eye makeup remover.
16) Apply to cheeks on top of blush for a dewy effect.
17) Use to help remove stuck rings.
18) Use as pomade for your hair in a pinch. 9) Rub a bit on the neck of new nail polish bottles to prevent the lids from sticking.
19) Use it to protect and heal a new tattoo.
1) Rub a bit on the edges of a freshly carved pumpkin to slow rotting.
2) Apply a bit over baby's eyebrows to keep soap out of the eyes while washing.
3) Rub a bit on the inside of candle holders so the wax won't stick.
4) Use to stop hinges from squeaking.
5) Rub some on your shower curtain bar to keep the rungs from getting stuck.
6) Apply a bit to windows, baseboards, etc to avoid splattered paint while painting.
7) Prevent chaffing by applying to areas that rub during sports.
8) Use as an inexpensive diaper cream.
9) Spread around the rim of a pet food bowl to keep ants out.
10) Apply to watermarks on wood, leave overnight and buff out.
So many uses for vaseline.. use it on your hairline before dying your hair to avoid staining the skin. I like to use it as an over-night moisturizing treatment on rough skin. If my heels start to toughen up.. I slather a good amount of vaseline on my feet and put socks on before bed- literally OVER NIGHT my feet are smooth again. In the winter I rub a little on my cuticles when my hands get dry. And, then I have a cold and my nose becomes chapped from 10 boxes of tissues, this helps to soothe my skin.
Obviously vaseline is greasy, that is the only draw back. I typically only use it at night because of now greasy it is.. I need to shower it off in the morning after it has done its job.
This stuff is great! I use it on my lashes, brows, lips, and any really dry spots. It's really moisturizing, and it makes for a great clear mascara/brow gel. It keeps the hairs in place. If you can't wear makeup, then just put a little Vaseline on your lashes, brows, and lips. My lips are really moisturized after using it, and I can use it to tone down lipstick. I just apply Vaseline, apply a little lipstick, and sometimes apply clear lip gloss. It looks like I'm wearing tinted lip balm, or a pigmented lip gloss. I can turn any lipstick into lip gloss! Great multi-use product! :)
Rumor has it that petroleum jelly is bad for you? Please tell me that's not true! I have very dry skin and I use this right after I shower while my skin is still very damp. My skin remains so moisturized and baby soft. Nothing compares to Vaseline. I have since switched to organic shea butter which also works well. But, I find that it sits on the surface of my skin. I prefer the Vaseline. One lippie off for questionable toxicity.
i'm on my second tub of this stuff and it's my Holy Grail!! i apply this onto my lashes and it makes them more darker and fuller. in fact, it even helps make my lashes longer when it's applied after surma. vaseline also hydrates my lips and gives it a shinier and softer look rather than applying lip gloss, which can suck moisture out of my lips. Super embarrasing, especially at school or any other public place! but it's the best thing ever created. the lotion is great, unfortunately i can't use it on my body. i suffer terrible reactions to it. it's suitable for my feet though both lotion and the jelly. i hope vaseline is still around during my generation and grandkids generation. :)