Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 12/11/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have super oily, acne-prone, clog-prone, sensitive and very flaky skin. I think the flakes come from my anti aging skincare (retinol, peptides etc) and acne medication (BP, AHA/BHA).

Do you know how annoying it is to have flaky skin? No foundation looks good after a few hours and I'm so tired finding ways to keep my face smooth. I've tried oil cleansing, microfiber cloths, emollient moisturizers on top, hyaluronic toner, switching foundations, methods of application, sunblock and powder but nothing really works. Then I stumbled into people's testimonies in MUA about using Vaseline on face. Initially of course I was scared. Acnes have been my number one enemy since puberty and I've had disasters trying on different stuff on my face. Then one night I took the plunge. I don't know why, I can only say I go bananas time to time. After using night serum and let it sink, I use Vaseline mixed with a bit of water on top and after 30 minutes pat with tissue.

And in the morning I had the surprise of my life. No redness, no extra zits, no flakes when I put on my make up! My skin seemed very calm, soft, plump and serene. A fluke? You know how sometimes you are good with a product then BAMMMM here comes the pizza. So I kept on using it almost every night on top of whatever skincare on my rotation, examining my skin obsessively every morning to notice any negative effects... and ladies, it's been months and I've never found a reason to stop using Vaseline on face. I find it non clogging and it provides a barrier for my skin against the world, creating a safe oasis that does not disturb my acne monster. I have neither flakes nor redness.

I am aware about the debate on petrolatum and I am firmly on the camp that believes it is not poisonous. However, I do believe that skincare is a very individual thing. Just because it's safe it doesn't mean it's for everyone. My point is that this works wonderfully for me. I've never thought that the flakes that had been haunting me for years could be banished with just Vaseline! A cheap product that I normally use for my feet! If you have similar problem and would like to try this, I wish you all the best.

on 12/11/2014 4:52:00 AM

I have fair skin and when it is cold and dry this is great for getting rid of red rashes. It calms my dry, irritated winter skin.

on 12/5/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love using this stuff for under my eyes over night so moisturizing and gentle a little goes along the way.

on 12/3/2014 3:50:00 AM

Love, Love, Love Vaseline.

I use it as a lip gloss, I use it for dry, chapped lips. I used it on a babies toothbrush to brush my eyelashes to coat them and to ensure they aren't stuck together before I apply mascara. I use a tiny bit on my finger pads and do an eye massage, 30 circles going around one way, then 30 backwards, to firm my eyes and to help with dehydration. I use it as a hand massage. You can use this anywhere, everywhere. Just a brilliant product. Simple and cheap.

It is greasy, thick, etc a little goes a long way and the tub last forever. Also love there new range in a tin for lips only which has a colour tint.

Only down fall is if I use too much around my eyes I wake with puffy, baggy eyes, but that's only because I have silly, sensitive eyes. I know some people who coat their face in it, massage it in and leave it for 10 minutes. They have amazing skin. Tried it once, had a shiny, greasy face for days with spots but that's because I have silly skin.

on 11/15/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product has become my HG it's done wonders for me. My lips were terrible for a very very very long time. I bought lipsticks but wouldn't use em cuz of how they'd look on my horrible lips, it was so embarrassing I didn't want to talk to people cuz I didn't want em to notice my overly dry peeling horrible lips. I read a lot of articles on exfoliating your lips and blah blah nothing worked. Anyways I got this and it cleared my lips in 2 days. 2 DAYS!!! I so very felt foolish for having not tried it sooner and going through all that. Now I use it every day I sleep with this thing on my bed. My lips are super smooth and soft. I love it. You don't need to pack it on a little will do just fine. The packaging doesn't bother me I keep it and my hands clean and I don't share cuz my face and lips quickly react to things. I keep a big size for my friends and family who wanna use it but keep the tiny one for myself only.

on 11/4/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I use this when I color my eyelashes, it works and it dosent irritate my skin :-)

on 10/20/2014 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh Vaseline, what would I do without you? The only thing I use this for is my lips. I slather on a layer before I go to sleep at night and I wake up with soft, moisturized and plumped up lips. For years I've had this weird allergic reaction that caused my lips to swell and blister from time to time. Ever since I started using vaseline, I haven't had that issue. People complain about how unsanitary the packaging is, but honestly how else would you package a thick petroleum jelly like vaseline...? At least the tub ensures you get your bang for your buck! I will repurchase this forever :)

on 9/11/2014 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A staple and a must have for so many uses and it's cheap - but - the tub packaging is unsanitary and it's PETROLEUM jelly (mineral based. Eeew)

There are many better alternatives nowadays.

on 9/7/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love vaseline. If you use it on dry spots, in 3 days they literally disappear. I also have some premature wrinkles, and I have started a thin layer of vaseline over my wrinkles and they are starting to slowly to become less apparent. Love vaseline, but never put it all over your face or it will feel super gross and goopy. Just remember to put as a thin layer, and not to thick or it will become super goopy.

on 8/30/2014 4:29:00 AM

This is terrible, I have terrible dry skin on my face. I started using this and it was heavy and greasy and just yuck!!! Never buying again!

Popular Treatments (Face)